PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Golden Ticket???

gypsea
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I just found a couple of Wonka's Golden Tickets in a chocolate bar, er,umm, i mean in the mailbox......whoo-hoo!!!!!!!!! AGI 2006 here we come!!!!!!!

medicatedMELTDOWN
02-07-2006, 05:30 PM
"I've got a golden ticket"

can't wait to meet everyone that will be there........it will be my first year :tongue:

it's such a unique opportunity to learn

thanks wonka :wonka:

IF-Designs
02-07-2006, 07:05 PM
i keep hoping maybe a magical fairy sent me one but alas i think im fairy less!

Cindy
02-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Gypsea,
Can't wait to see you! I got mine. Sorry I've been such a slacker about getting anything more to you. Too many issues right now. :( But I'm still really excited to see you this August. Miss you bunches. Hope Eddie can make it as well.:)
Cindy

Mr. Wonka
02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Karin... There are still spaces left, so drop me an e-mail if you want to attend. My address is info@glass123.com - we'd love to have you!

I'm sure you'll find AGI very educational- I have received numerous e-mails and letters throughout the years from people that have taken their work to a higher level, and have formed friendships that will last a lifetime.

I hope you're able to be a part of it this year :)

zigs
02-08-2006, 08:59 AM
hhhmmmm....never been but seriously considering it. What would you feel about havin some good ole Maine folk up in there?

jusbag
02-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Got my ticket. Can't wait, I definitely stepped up a notch after last year.

oktopus
02-08-2006, 10:06 AM
got mine!! first year @AGI for me. looking forward to meeting other glassworkers & learnin some new tricks/techs. can't wait!!

borealisglass
02-08-2006, 10:47 AM
dang, I still need to come up with the $1000, well unless everything works out :)

Marc VandenBerg
02-08-2006, 11:33 AM
got it. However waiting to see if I get a scholarship from pilchuck for Vittorio Constantini class which is the last half of August. kind of sucks. AGI is a guaranteed good time and learning experience.

jcherrellglass
02-08-2006, 01:18 PM
I have my golden ticket. It'll be my first time - uber excited!!

$$$$$$$
02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll be there, unless i have to close on some very,very expensive properties.. (which I do all the time)

Infinity glass
02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Im still eating candybars for mine and hopeing ill find one.

JDeMoss
02-08-2006, 10:39 PM
:flamethro I'll be there!! Thanks Wonka.

I can't wait to meet everyone. It gets a little dull stuck in my own little world up in the mountains.

Is anyone else going to be flying in that wants to carpool from the airport? Or is anybody going to be cruising by that may want to pick me up? I'm trying to figure out how to get there exactly.

Peace

Glassroots
02-08-2006, 11:05 PM
I'll be there with bells on...

peetwice
02-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Gotta get loot together for it, but I will be there once again in my never-ending quest to destroy Wonka's property value. I met this super-cool red-headed kid last year from New Jersey... me and the Carlisle guys will probably pick him up and then strand him there to start fights and whatnot.

Should be friggin' sweet.

-Gilbert

fyrsmith
02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I got mine!!!!!!!!!!! See you all there.
Gypsea, have you tried the grond stopper maker I made for you? I still have the other half of the graphite, should I send it or brilng it?
Cindy, Did you get the t-shirt?

-Don-

Cindy
02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Don,
Yep, I got the T-shirt just before Christmas. I e-mailed you or sent a PM but we just don't seem to get each others' messages. They must just go somewhere and float around in cyber-space. :)
Great T-shirt; I really like it. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Thanks bunches.
Cindy

Mr. Smiley
02-13-2006, 05:36 AM
You should have my money order by now, So I'll be stalking my mail box for the ticket... :D

Scott Pernicka
02-13-2006, 06:44 AM
got my ticket, it will be my first agi

gypsea
02-13-2006, 07:56 AM
hey cindy, yup, eddie is coming and i can't wait to see you again too! if you get around to sending anything, i could use some small beads to make into earrings and bracelets. my selling season is rapidly approaching, and i need beads to fiddle with while i am sitting out there waiting for customers!

hey fyrsmith, thank you for making the tool...it is great! and very helpful! you could market those if you felt like it.......actually i didn't realize there was another piece...don't waste $$ on postage...you can just bring the other chunk of graphite with you....maybe i can have it made into another tool one day! i am looking forward to seeing you again ...and everyone else from years past!

BearAssNaked
02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I just found out I have a ticket for sure. It will be my first time too, I cant wait. I will be bringing my new Herbie 65 to rage. Hopefully there will be some Herbie gurus there to show me some tricks.

Jacob

Mr. Smiley
02-14-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm getting excited again... woohoo, AGI! :D

Anakin's Glass Eye
02-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I got mine a long time ago, mid January. I paid as fast as I could and had a ticket in hand just as fast. This is usually the kind of thing I get totally screwed on and miss out. Not this time! Hell or high water, I'll be there.

I am way excited to camp, learn, torch (with unlimitted oxy) and meet everyone. By September I'll prolly be totally sick of my Matrix design so I'll prolly show it to everyone that cares to see it.

Brad

JDeMoss
02-14-2006, 11:34 PM
By September I'll prolly be totally sick of my Matrix design so I'll prolly show it to everyone that cares to see it.

Brad

Cool, I'm down......no backing out now.

gypsea
02-15-2006, 06:41 AM
hey i love that design brad.....it would be great to see you demo that tech!

Mr. Smiley
02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
The thing I noticed about last year was... there were no secrets... and nobody ran home and copied anybody else. It just basically inspires new ideas about what might be possible on our own path. It was so giving and such a kick ass group. I bet you could tell all your secrets Brad and never see anything just like your marbles hit the market. ;)

FredLight
02-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Ok, I'll put it in here too. Heather and I are both happy to say we'll be there.

We're going to Niagara Falls first, though.Whoohoo.

Mr. Smiley
02-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Got my golden ticket in the mail today... you guys rock! See you soon! :D

sarakay
02-26-2006, 01:55 PM
I got one, too!

LTD
02-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I have never been, we have small kids and want to come ,but...........?
is there a pen to drop 'em in or maybe a BIG closet..hehe

Natedizzle
02-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm coming for the first time too, just got home to my ticket last night! I'm excited!

Nathan

somberbear
02-27-2006, 02:02 PM
i just paid ... now the waiting game... =)

LTD
02-28-2006, 12:01 PM
I have never been, we have small kids and want to come ,but...........?
is there a pen to drop 'em in or maybe a BIG closet..hehe
I am serious, are kids welcome?

PyroChixRock
02-28-2006, 12:27 PM
not the best place for kids, baylie, or I would have brought mine the few years I've gone.

LTD
02-28-2006, 06:47 PM
:( bummer..kinda figured though..maybe when they are old enough to leave with some fam

yinzer
02-28-2006, 08:45 PM
:contempla hmmmm..my gears are grinding. im local, and im broke, so ill never be able to aford agi. i love kids and have 2, got childcare exp and friends w/exp. maybe next year we can work something out tom. if your down, lemme know (after your done rackin your brain with this years). i dont know where your are (beaver?) or how far you are from any hotels/motels, but im sure theres a way something can work out so that people dont have to leave their kids across the country. hell, even if its at my house, its prolly only like a 40 min drive.

PyroChixRock
02-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey Cristi, I'd love to do childcare with you at AGi! If tom thinks he can hook us up an area, i'm sure we can find a couple more girls and try it out one year.

yinzer
02-28-2006, 09:20 PM
hell yeah!! thats what im talkin about!

timinny420
02-28-2006, 09:24 PM
what misha only girls can do childcare - WTF - just teasing ya ;)

PyroChixRock
02-28-2006, 09:31 PM
girls are better to hang out with! :lol

Yeah I don't know any guys that attend AGI that I'd trust with my kids...unless Kevin goes. ;) :lol

Mr. Wonka
02-28-2006, 10:55 PM
baylie- Since we board our dogs for the week, we should have a spare kennel in the back if you're interested :lol

All kidding aside- I don't know much about it since Elaine and i don't have children, but I'm sure each state has different regulations regarding child care. This might leave the provider / babysiter in a bad position (legally) if something were to happen.

Also- I don't think this event is a good environment for children. We find broken glass around the yard for months after AGI... we don't even let our dogs back there until we're sure that there are no hazards.

Just a couple of things to consider.

yinzer
03-01-2006, 07:21 AM
tom. i understand. thats why i was thinking if it were to be done it would have to be in the furture,to figure things out(definatley not enough time for that this year!). as far as legalities go, i was talking of bringing actual certified child care workers with clearances and cpr cert. and what not (myself included)(although help from others would always be good as well :D ).that way it would be like a day care kind of thing and not just a babysitter kind of thing. i was not, however thinking of having it at agi. as i said i dont know where you are, but i was talking about maybe finding a somewhat close motel or something and getting a few rooms. hopefully, it would be close enough that parents could come and check up on the little ones at their convenience. there are ALOT of details that would have to be worked out and i know that ,and im not sure anyone would trust their kids with someone from this forum anyways...let alone me :devilish: (j/k), i was just throwing it out there to see what you, and others thought of the idea.

PyroChixRock
03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah i keep thinking about it, and knowing the place, I just don't see how it would be done well...ya know? I think it's going to have to be deemed a no child place heh.

somberbear
03-01-2006, 01:56 PM
i just got mine today
thanks elaine(sp?) and tom.... see ya in aug.

so i guess then i just have to say i cant wait, guess ill have to work to raise the funds to go. oh yea

and

" ITs ON!!!"

=)

rob

yinzer
03-02-2006, 06:12 AM
yeah i keep thinking about it, and knowing the place, I just don't see how it would be done well...ya know? I think it's going to have to be deemed a no child place heh.

yeah i figured, but never been there before. it was worth a shot....ill have to find some other kids for my sweat shop :evilLaugh :evilLaugh

steven p selchow
03-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Maybe next year Tom and Elaine can build a water park there, a little add on every year.

Where I live we have 3 of the countries largest parks, and the largest indoor waterpark, it is a wonkaville of the midwest. :bouncy:

$$$$$$$
03-02-2006, 10:35 AM
nope skatepark instead, pretty much everyone who goes to AGI is a skateboarder

Mr. Smiley
03-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Skating is so gay! I vote for a quilting room, decorated country style... lots of ducks! :D

IF-Designs
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I vote waterpark! or slip and slide field! I have no use for skateboards my fat arse would just embarass myself eternally lolwell it doesnt matter unless I can save up to go lol and its not full...come on ebay!

Chris Carlson
03-11-2006, 01:44 AM
i need a golden ticket....

MileHiMama
03-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Chris, my son, you gotta get a ticket. I need someone to make a goblet with.

Chris Carlson
03-12-2006, 10:58 AM
MOM, you found me!!! i plan to be there, just need to appropriate funds. i thought you said you takin me for my birthday present!!

jusbag
03-12-2006, 08:21 PM
looks like I am probably going to give mine back :(... brother decided august 26th was a good day to get married... be there next year though for sure! damn, that's depressing... time to self medicate, where's my beer?

MileHiMama
03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey Chris, I said I'd buy you a beer..... not a trip to AGI...That you have to do for yourself, my dear...All a part of growing up..Getting kicked out of the nest...(OUCH) Etc. Etc... Mommy wisdom for the day. I know you'll make it...and BRING MARSHMELLOWS!! Those campfires are too good to miss. :D

shelton13
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Quilting Rocks............ Maybe we could also have like a black leather and chaps danceathon.
after that maybe a little hide n seek. Screw Skateboarding!! hahahaha

glassheathen
03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! lookin' ford ta seein all my friends. Mike

mondovetro
04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Ill be attending as well....and looking forward to meeting everyone.

$$$$$$$
04-10-2006, 09:45 PM
yeah Mike Dennis! can't wait to see ya buddy..

Mr. Whale dick
04-11-2006, 01:24 PM
word on mike dennis.......

he rules....

JANKYglass
04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
what about rocky dennis?

Marc VandenBerg
04-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Just got my ticket...................................... to Pilchuck during the same time in August. Oh well, trading one great experience for another. :bouncy:
I'll just need each person to drink one of Rex's yinglings and tip Top Heavy a nickel or two. Hope everyone has a fantistic time, Tom has a great thing going out there.

BearAssNaked
04-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Congradulations Marc, I was in the same boat but I didnt get the scholarship. Maybe next year. So which class are you taking?

Jacob

Micah Evans
04-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Congrats marc! they had 700+ scholorship applications this year, I thought you might get one of them. My girlfriend Amanda is going to be in that class as well, she is a furnace worker too. She is going to pick your brain about combigning flamework and furnace work, hope you don't mind! have fun and see you next year!

Marc VandenBerg
05-03-2006, 05:25 AM
Thanks Micah and Jacob, it's going to be a rockin time.

Mr. Wonka
05-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Marc, we're going to miss you dude. Be sure to stop by again next time you're passing through :)

Have a great time at Pilchuck!

$$$$$$$
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
yeah marc, at least you have to miss agi for something like that rather than your cousin's wedding or some shit..

jusbag
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Hah, or step-brothers wedding...

Mr. Whale dick
05-04-2006, 01:11 AM
i heard they don't know shit at pilchuck.....

except a bunch of stupid soft glass crap...

steven p selchow
05-04-2006, 08:49 AM
yeah..whats it been since last AGI, about 9 months, I think theirs someone in Elmonton that looks a lot like Vandenberg only smaller...I'd stay away too. :lol

Marc VandenBerg
05-05-2006, 06:03 AM
watch out for the little bastard with red hair and a little heavy on the top side.

steven p selchow
05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
ha ha..glad your a good sport...gonna miss you to.

steve

LaPlayaGlass
07-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I picked up the mail today and was thrilled to recieve my golden ticket.............can't wait
Donna

J McGhee
07-07-2006, 06:38 PM
i got mine invite cant wait to meet you all...... not sure ive im flying in fromt he west coast or driving form tennessee but im down to give some one a ride ill be in a couple of days before and leaving a couple days after. ill be posting more if any one want to kick in on gas or what not...

jason mcghee