PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new kiln.........

Jerry Gash
06-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Just got a new AIM 99ls with a Fuji PXR3digi controller. I am trying to setup a simple program and the directions are not "hippy friendly". Basically i just want a program that soaks for an hour, then ramps down, then turns off.

Any rocket scientist or ppl experienced in "fuji programming" wanna help me out?

:tongue:

J McGhee
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
i just turn it on, hit the right hand button then turn up too 1130 from there i leave it work then at the end turn it down to 1050 for an hour then turn it off myself,

Jerry Gash
06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
J, thats kind of defeating the purpose of having a programmable controller...ill just call AIM in the morning.

duh
06-27-2005, 07:26 PM
if its the pxv3 i can help you ( pxr3?)

Harry Paratesteez
06-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Hit up Ivan over at Nebula glass in bellingham.
He has the good info on ramp cycles......at least for aims...last I heard.
Ask for some good striking cycles also...( for working those amber purples and silver beach type colors)

Piece,
Curtis Baby

Jerry Gash
06-27-2005, 08:38 PM
if its the pxv3 i can help you ( pxr3?)

Im sure AIM should be able to help, if not ill let you guys know.
The directions they send are totally confusing and dont really give you step by step way of setting it up.

Harry Paratesteez
06-27-2005, 08:46 PM
What?
Ya mean Jolly Roger isn't gonna help ya w/ yer kiln?

Harry Paratesteez
06-27-2005, 08:48 PM
:pwned:

Jerry Gash
06-28-2005, 10:17 AM
:pwned:

Heh that silly Jolly Roger.... (Peter GRiffin voice)

darv
06-28-2005, 12:26 PM
hold down left hand button until STAT appears(T is actually upside down L). Hit down button until
Su-1 appears. hit left button. use up arrow to set soak temp.(example:1075)

hit left button again
use down arrow until rn1r(this is amount of time it takes to get to soak.example 5, this is listed in minutes) appears, hit left button andset time.

hit left button again
use down arrow to select rn15(this is how long it soaks. example 45)appears, hit left button and select time.

hit left button again
use down arrow to select Su-2(this is next set temp. example 950)appears, hit left button and select temp.

hit left button
use down arrow to select rn2r(this is how long it takes to get there. example 2.00, this would be 2 hours)appears, hit left button and select time.

hit left button
use down arrow to select rn25(this is how long it will soak at second temp. example 15)appears, hit left button and select time.

hit left button
use down button to select Su-3(this is third temp. example 0)appears, hit left button and select temp.

I use 0 as my third temp so the kiln just shuts down for the quick cool. I leave all times below Su-3 set to 0. If you want multiple ramps and soaks just keep following this formula.

The writing on the kiln display does not look exactly like what I typed but it is as close as I can represent it with letters and numbers. If it looks close it is.

hope this makes since and helps. pm me with any questions.
derek

Jerry Gash
06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks derek, i called AIM and they help me set it up for a hour soak at 1050 then ramp down to 900 for 2 hours then off, for a gradual cool down.

Atleast now if someone needs help they can find your instructions using the search.