PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think ezboard faked the whole attack?

IrieGuy05
06-27-2005, 07:35 PM
I was looking at one of the the updates about weather or not we would be able to get money back in the community chest or get refunds and I noticed that in the TOS it basicly says its an as-is service and if it ALL goes down you don't get shit and they basicly make off with all that money from the 10,000 or so communites hosted there. It auctually says

"(1) any service outages or interruptions (2) the unavailability of particular boards, features or services, (3) the inability to access the Service, (4) the failure or inability to post materials to the Service, (4) the deletion of materials posted to the Service or (5) the failure to store materials posted to the service. (see paragraph 3)
Ezboard makes no warranty that … (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. (see paragraph 14)"

I can't beleive we all stayed with such a peice of shit host for soo long. I don't recall seeing any of that stuff when we setup the pipemakers forum and got the funds together for that, its a really shitty way of saying you can't expect shit from ezboard. So I've come to the conclusion that the whole thing was done by people associated with ezboard so they could take all the community chest funds, or not.

:rolleyes :( :rolleyes

PyroChixRock
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I doubt they did in on purpose, they are losing WAY more money with the amount of customers they lost then any chest funds could add up to, and either way that money is theirs regardless.

I still don't think it was a hacker tho...

Harry Paratesteez
06-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Misha, We all know it was you. So just fess up. :flasher:

michaelangeloglass
06-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, I like this site alot better, and it was only a matter of time.

Thank you everyone whom made the new site possible

Mike

Mr. Whale dick
06-28-2005, 01:17 AM
fuck ez-board in their stupid asses

Julian
06-28-2005, 06:48 AM
I'm certain they could have made more money by allowing their business to continue than by screwing over all their customers and destroying their reputation. So, no I doubt if they did that on purpose. The nature of computers is to be screwed up every now and then. They must not have been following very good network practices, backup wise, etc.
A disclaimer like that is entirely typical.. I doubt if you can sign up for any service on the internet, or indeed use any software without agreeing to a license or disclaimer similar to that. Ezboard has a policy such as that precisely so that in situations like this, they don't have to bankrupt themselves giving refunds, and so they don't have any apparent legal liability.

Loïc
06-28-2005, 09:16 AM
:ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez: :ez:

Icarus
03-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I personally blame it on the children. Always touching things with their sticky hands, never wiping their noses, and on and on. I honestly think the kids did this to us.

jello
03-08-2011, 09:46 AM
talk about old thread..... you must be bored out of your mind.

Emmett's Glass
03-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I personally blame it on the children. Always touching things with their sticky hands, never wiping their noses, and on and on. I honestly think the kids did this to us.

Ohh the childeren.
E

Alfred
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Why would you dig this up?!?!?

hwcglass
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM

All of us have need to blame the children once and a while.

don't shake the system.

Icarus
03-08-2011, 01:40 PM

talk about old thread..... you must be bored out of your mind.

Dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdi ng.

kage
03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo