PDA

View Full Version : Rules change!

Robert Mickelsen
07-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Due to overwhelming response we have had to make some changes in the rules. Formerly, we had allowed each participating artist to enter up to three models in up to three different categories. But we already have 24 artists registered, most of whom state they will send two or three models which means we already have 50 - 60 models coming! And we are still eleven months out! At this rate we could see hundreds of models - maybe as many as 400 - 500!

Obviously, this number is totally un-managable. So we will now only accept one model for each artist. We still expect to see at least 100 - 150 models! It will still be a gigantic exhibition and a real chore to manage, but we knew that going in.

Secondly, many artists will make models and presentations that will have both plant and animal elements in them. This makes categorization difficult. So we have decided to eliminate the categories. This should allow for maximum creativity without compromising the quality or spirit of the exhibit. The awards structure has changed accordingly. There will still be the same number of awards and the same amount of prize money, but categories are eliminated. All awards will now be given without regard to category.

I sincerely hope that these changes do not discourage anyone from participating and I apologize if they inconvenience anyone in any way. I am sure you all can understand the need for the changes. By making them so far in advance we hope that everyone will be able to adjust because most people have not made their models yet.

So put all your best efforts into one, great, awesome, pull-out-the-stops model and we will have a great show next June!

- RAM

Bryan
07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Where can i find more info about this?

bowlpusher
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
This sounds like an amazing event. I look forward to seeing the results.

mad alchemist
07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
what is this event

2wheeler
07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.glasslifeform.org/home.html

Snurf
07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
looks like a blast! time to start planing

UmaJulz
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
thinking, working, hoping I can get this worked out!

J Howard
09-05-2012, 01:14 PM
i'm excited! this is so up my alley! thanks RAM!