PDA

View Full Version : BoroMarket Artist Membership Help?

Borobot
01-19-2014, 05:06 PM
So I just now found out about BoroMarket.
Looking to have my free artist membership confirmed.
Here is my post trying to provide "proof" for my membership.

https://www.boromarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11593&page=39

Perhaps some of you who I have talked to, dealt with, or met in person can put in a good word for me?

lexx
01-19-2014, 05:11 PM
id help ya out if I knew how .... /poke

MrNiceGuy
01-19-2014, 05:35 PM
I'm getting in on this tonight for sure!

PyroChixRock
01-19-2014, 05:42 PM
We aren't affiliated but if you hit up the admin there they can help you out.

Enigma
01-19-2014, 09:09 PM
I have a boromarket account and have for awhile I'd vouch for you ,not sure if you need a artist account to do so but I'll post in that thread

Borobot
01-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Thanks. I was contacted today by an admin with membership confirmation.

Dan Kooper
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
I thought people stopped using Boro market when glass groups popped up on fb everywhere.

Enigma
01-20-2014, 03:12 PM
It's rough there now bulletproof, a lot of the artists went to FB and the selection is smaller, but still a market there just not what it once was

Tsnider
01-20-2014, 10:30 PM
is it worth paying for?

Enigma
01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Artist get a membership free if I can recall, I think it's still worth it if your a collector, I've bought lots of nice pieces there and it's what got me interested at trying my hand at it , it was better, before you would see artists like Devol or Contrabasso or Royal on the chat there, but now the chat is pretty quiet and most of the artists have switched to facebook

JBob
01-21-2014, 06:38 AM
Low ball market.

Borobot
01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Bummer... So obviously I am not on top of things as far as social networking goes. I had a facebook for probably 5 years or so up until 2 or 3 years ago when I deleted it. I also have no accounts via mobile apps. For some reason I prefer specific topic forums and websites geared toward a specific audience. Looks like I am pretty late on this BoroMarket thing, but plenty of users seem to be signed on at any given time. Still willing to give it a shot. I am curious about these facebook claims though. Has the glass scene on facebook changed over the last 3 years? What is different? Is this the most popular way online for artist to gain exposure and sell to people who are not able to buy their work locally? Again, I am not really one who is on top of technology and stuff. I would have thought that all these social media apps for cellphones would be taking a toll on facebook by now though. Do you all think facebook is going continue to stand strong against these other social outlets?

Dan Kooper
01-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Yes.
Have you seen the chappelle show skit where they visit the Internet?

Bormomarket is the "0.99 store" store with 2-3 people in it.

Facebook is the "free music" store with 1000s of people running out holding headys.

(Someone post that video, it's a perfect a anology. edit: found a link but couldn't embed it and am on a phone - http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cda7c7101d/chappelle-show-internet -)

Why would people pay $50 to shop and get less then facebook? It's basically the people who despise FB, don't have one, or just check occasionally because they paid $50 a year or so back.

Borobot
01-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Haha! Good thing it was free. You are a funny dude Bulletproof!

LowTideGlass
01-21-2014, 11:42 AM
haha that was the perfect vid!

Dan Kooper
01-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Yeah. It's alright for us artist. It's free, but I don't think it will be popular ever again.
It's worth posting anywhere online. I don't sell AnY glass in my state even. And I got retail prices on Facebook. Facebook is an artist savior but at the same time shops are dying. I switched from FB to distributor to support shops more. We need them to survive.

Enigma
01-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Bulletproof is correct, I'd say give it a try Borobot, social media outlets are forever changing , all you can do is try to keep up with the current trend and supporting the stores is excellent too , would hate to see them go away, I mean movie sites like Netflix are great but there was something to be said about going into a video store and looking around for a movie

JBob
01-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Yeah. It's alright for us artist. It's free, but I don't think it will be popular ever again.
It's worth posting anywhere online. I don't sell AnY glass in my state even. And I got retail prices on Facebook. Facebook is an artist savior but at the same time shops are dying. I switched from FB to distributor to support shops more. We need them to survive.

I dont feel they're dying I feel some are being phased out by newer more modern shops, or newer shops are coming up and not lasting long as expected. I dont think fb is killing off the headshop though.

However I think there's a greater push to work with distributors then ever strictly to the volume of people migrating towards the industry.

TCsGlassworks
10-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Boro isnt 100% dead yet. i still sell a few things here and there. just sold a pendy on friday. it defiantly has slowed down