PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Flora from Lucid Visions

lucidvisions
04-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Lots and lots and lots of work went into the beginning of this series. Did I say "lots"? We're like proud parents. Thanks for looking!
http://www.glassartists.org/Gal17771_Eternal_Flora.asp

wifebeader
04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
wow!!!!!

eternalfrost
04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
thats amazing. ive seen some good flowers before but never realistic looking stems and leaves like that. I especially am impressed with the lifelike drooping curves of the long shoots in the first one.

$$$$$$$
04-12-2006, 06:20 PM
those look like SHIT! those look nothing like flowers at all, i thought they were some sort of animal or something.. nice try but you should try again..

just for the record i'm kidding,, nice stuff, really nice.

Micah Evans
04-12-2006, 06:28 PM
pretty cool! I think I saw those in a book somewhere.....poke poke. But really they are really nice, they look big, what are the dimensions?

well done the two of you, I can't wait to see what you pick out next!

Micah Evans
04-12-2006, 06:29 PM
p.s. I thought they deserved a feature, that one is awsome!

lucidvisions
04-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Thanks all! Thanks Micah for the feature. The sizes range of course but the yellow and the white calla lillies are the largest at about 28" give or take a couple inches. Everthing is life size.

Char
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
SStunning! I just love the dingle berries on the dusty pinks. REAL nice job guys!

rustyglass
04-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Damn dude, they look awesome. Good stuff.

vetropod
04-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Unreal!!! Errr, I mean totally realistic! If you guys are ever in Boston, be sure to check out the glass flowers at Harvard's Museum of Natural History - I'm sure that it will be more than inspirational for you. I just get totally overwhelmed when I'm in that room...

Wes.

lucidvisions
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
We were definately inspired by the Harvard collection. To think those were done in the 1850's is outright unreal!

vetropod
04-13-2006, 11:10 AM
To think those were done in the 1850's is outright unreal!

And on an alchohol & bellows lamp too... Deammmm.

I've seen a few of the sea creatures as well - in fact I know someone who used to share a studio with a "sculptor" of found objects. Apparently, he found a small Blauscha octopus at an antique shop (paid like $50 for it!) and would up busting it to little bits trying to force it into his sculpture. My friend begged him not to use it, but oh well...

Anyways, nice work! Where are you headed with these? Are you going to keep refining and doing more intense species? I'd love to see you do some of the crazy orchids which live down in your part of the country :stare:

Wes.

lucidvisions
04-13-2006, 01:03 PM
The orchids are coming also, but with a bit of a twist.... probably be a couple months before we refine on those. Others are closer to completion, we're really trying for as close to perfection as we can so a couple arrangemnets have been scrapped even though they are done also. I can't believe your friend tried to do that!? That's a true piece of craftsmenship, Ah well when I get up into that area I'm gonna go check them out at Harvard. I know they went through a major cleaning and reconditioning, having to test what kind of paints and glues they used. Sounds like quite a process.

Christopher Rice
04-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Very impressive work you guys! I always love to see your pics, and your taking huge steps forward. You guys should be proud!
-chris

Daddy'O
04-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Super work guys. Scrapping stuff sucks, but theirs no feeling like "getting it". Cheers to you for not taking the short road. Keep it up.
-Travis

Micah Evans
04-16-2006, 05:29 PM
you guys really gotta come down here and check out what a difference 300 miles makes in the types of flowers and plants. Wild orchids and the like are everywhere, plenty of inspiration straight from nature!