PDA

View Full Version : Eginschaft Poll

PalisadeGlassGallery
07-08-2005, 07:10 AM
General Question for the board.

If by all accounts Eginschaft Glass Company has been such a poor supplier on a whole. ( Proof of the past year ) Why do we have a thred in our board to go directly to them?

I vote to remove "Eginschaft Glass" as a sorce untill it regains our trust once more. (Oh and has product to ship!)

Ya! Na! or " I Don't Care, I just want good glass at the best price, When ever?

jusbag
07-08-2005, 08:27 AM
It might as well be removed since it doesn't sound like they are going to be a reliable supplier anytime soon... Seems like adam was the eigenschaft guy and now that he is out of there...

steven p selchow
07-08-2005, 08:33 AM
I suspect unless a thread is totally out of line or slanderous, to remove a thread over the sole purpose of their slacking in getting supplies out may lead to removing threads for any reason, good or bad, and of course the mods have that privlidge to do so, but sounds kinda dangerous to me since its only a thread and not hurting anyone...Na I guess here...just my opinion.
But of course, if their out of business for good, fire and all, then its appropriate.

Mac Maestro
07-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Hey Steve,
We are not removing any threads.
Palisade said "thread" but I'm pretty sure he meant the Ike-n-shaft LINK at the bottom of the beginning page. I think that is a reasonable request if they are no longer doing business...

Greymatter Glass
07-08-2005, 09:25 AM
yeah I'd second that.... if they're now defunct.

skip
07-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I say replace the link with a nice adult site but leave the eigenshaft text!!!! hehe

PyroChixRock
07-08-2005, 01:05 PM
If adam, who earned the link by being a contributing member here, wants the link removed, then I will remove it. I was planning on asking him but haven't had a chance to yet.

If he wants the link replaced with something else glass related, that is his choice. Adam has been a very good member, regardless of eigenschafts bad biz, which is NOT under his control.

Skip I like your idea best. ;)

skip
07-09-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm sure Adam will agree too... hehe

NUBBLET
07-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Is Eigenschaft even a manufacturer? I had heard from numerous people (some that even sold it , and more spendy than the other brands they sold) , that they got Schott and Simax over stocks and seconds and the sort . I didnt believe it till I had a 2-3 month stint of try back we dont have any stock blah blah blah , then I checked BBB and they had no record of them (I know it doesnt mean much) , and Eigenschaft refered me to a supplier that did not even carry Eigenschaft (said they did) but did carry Simax, hmm . I STILL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW , SO ANYONE ?

Phatty
07-10-2005, 11:20 AM
the shaft only ever bought end of runs of many different glasses just ask former distributors like shane from eugene glass alliance or mike frantz.
thats why they couldn't get you glass towards the end because the main factories got sick of their lies, and stopped their supply and they finally got the shaft!

phatty

Groundjoints.com
07-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Phatty you are a genious!! Its amazing that even though we bought different stuff all the time it always was exactly the same when it arrived at the customers. Get your advice from Mike Frantz, who has Eigenschaft on his website but hasnt received any product in more then 2 years. Must be coincidence that everybodys overruns look exactly the same.

PyroChixRock
07-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey Adam...shall I leave the link or would you like something else there?

PS Matt says to ignore phatty, he seems to only come here to stir up trouble now anyway...

Groundjoints.com
07-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah Nerf the link.

PyroChixRock
07-10-2005, 02:35 PM
K, let me know when you have something to replace it with for the new company. ;)

NUBBLET
07-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I cant listen to PHATTY , WELL then SOMEONE FILL ME IN PLEASE .

PalisadeGlassGallery
07-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Hmmmmmm,,,,,,

Well my fellow flamers, IT appears the idea was/is in the best interist of the board afterall. Adam, I must say your support has been faverable from the most part. My only concern is that you follow the lead with FACTS which also is in our best interist. I for one read between the lines, remembering vast conversations of were and why glass hadn't be avalible over the last year. Be stright.. and the path will be easy...

Tell us/me more about U.S. Trading Co. with some links and referances please..

This should be the end of Thread me thinks. Thanks Misha

(... and the beat goes on. boom-a- doom, boom-a-doom ,,,,,,,,, and the beat goes on! ))

Groundjoints.com
07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I was as straight as I could be regarding my answer. The reason that glass availability has been so shaky over the past year is that funds to import glass had been diverted toward the furnace project, which should have been providing us enough stock for everyone for the past 6 months. I say "we" meaning the former Eigenschaft. I am no longer affiliated with them. As far as references, you can see the USTglass website at www.Ustglass.com. Nothing terribly exciting, I actually built the website myself and have no web design skills whatsoever. As far as US Trading Capital is concerned, I can reference one of their larger partners which is Ameritrade. If you know anything about the coal and copper export business from Russia, I can provide you some other references too. Catapiller Industrial Machinery is another company USTC has done extensive import work with. Feel free to contact me if you need any other information.

Thanks

Adam

UST Glass

Greymatter Glass
07-11-2005, 11:29 AM
cool Adam.

For some reason I see this picture:

http://www.ustglass.com/copro_files/image005.jpg

and I see a table of labware that someone sprayed with that fire on hanovia rainbow luster...

(I know that's not what it is)

Anyways, Russia sounds as good as anywhere else now days.... can't wait to see what ya got... will you be shipping samples as the glass becomes available?

-Doug

Satori
07-11-2005, 12:31 PM
So how do we find info about pricing? I didn't see any on the web site

Groundjoints.com
07-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I will be shipping samples as soon as I have merchandise. We are still looking at about 30 days to recieve the shipment. Pricing TBA. I'm going to adjust the website to just reflect the material we will be carrying off the bat.

kbinkster
07-11-2005, 01:02 PM
For someone with "no web design skills," you sure did a nice job on your website, Adam. It's very clean looking.

Just out of curiosity, what COE is high expansion boro? Is it like 40-60? I'm not a scientific blower, so I don't know such things.

PyroChixRock
07-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Adam, want that linked up at the bottom?

NUBBLET
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I am no longer affiliated with them Adam , what is up , you no longer are aff with them , so are they a manufacturer or as a lot of people have called them "scavangers" taking overstocks and seconds and shit ? You should know , right? I just would like to know for my own knowledge , pm me if you dont want to publicly state the fact , please

Groundjoints.com
07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Ill state the fact in public. I have never seen second quality glass. I have never touched it. I have never shipped it. Everyone that has used Eigenschaft that bought it from me, that I packed (because I was the warehouse and shipping manager too after all of the layoffs) got first quality european glass. Eigenschaft WAS an importer and wholesaler when I got there 2 years ago. They DID build a furnace to manufacture 33 expansion borosilicate tubing and rod. They did this for you guys. The PERSONAL shock and damage to my financial and personal life I had endured for the past 2 years in order to make this dream a reality was for you people. I chalk it up as a learning experience. Because I have learned a tremendous amount about glass, lampworking, and people who live and die by the product you are selling. Well maybe that last bit was a little dramatic. Just look at it like this... If I did my best with no benefits, vacations, time off, sick pay, raises, Xmas bonuses etc... Imagine what I can do with a financially stable and smart company. I REFUSE to thumb my nose at the artistic community like the other major suppliers have before. I REFUSE to rape lampworkers for their raw materials just because I could. I PROMISE that once everything gets up and running that there will be glass for everything.

Please respond to the survey post I am putting up as it will help me get things rolling here.

Thanks

Adam

PalisadeGlassGallery
07-12-2005, 09:06 AM
SOLD!

Adam, now that's all cleard up.... ( something which the post was not intended to rase or address...) Done Deal! Palisade Glass Gallery is ready again for some glass my man. And yes will wate till its ready..

Would Contrex or Color be in the future by any chance too? Untill the time comes.. Chill a little.. The timing is right for the busy seasion to start It will all works out for good..