PDA

View Full Version : "This is not a pipe." Glass Art of the New Lampwork Renaissance - Call for Entries!

Bryan C Wise
05-25-2006, 11:46 AM
The show is July 14-16 at 49 Bogart in Brooklyn:

"This is not a Pipe" - Glass Art of the New Lampwork Renaissance

This is going to be mostly high-end, non-pipe work, (if you submit a pipe, it must be much more than a pipe, something unusual, some kind of theme, etc. [art 1st, pipe 2nd]).

We are aiming to attract customers and collectors who have $, love glass, and may or may not have been exposed to "pipe-art" techniques, (and may or may not have a good initial impression of lampworked glass). The goal is to bridge the gap between these collectors and our glass and show them something new.

There will be live music, food and beer, and live lampworking demos.

Please submit photos of your work and an estimate of how much display space you would need (within reason) by June 16.

All glass submitted must be for sale through the gallery and be at least $100. Gallery share of the sale price will not exceed 40%.

Please submit photos to me at bryancwise@gmail.com by June 16, 2006

I will forward them to Allison and Garrison, the Gallery owners.

Bryan C Wise
05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
To be more specific, we are looking for sculpture, marbles, goblets and vessels, high-end jewelry and housewares. The more unusual stuff.

We are looking to surprise people and open their minds.

skip
05-25-2006, 10:53 PM
I may or may not be able to make it. I'll see. Good luck.

slinger
05-26-2006, 11:52 AM
i emailed you some images in regards to this. hit me back
thanx bryan

jayglass
06-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I wish I had seen this earlier ..... I guess I should stop in here more often...... Are you the bryan the used to work @ technolux ?

Bryan C Wise
07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Yeah that's me.

I was going to get a custom title like "don't call me tecnolux!" but I think I can come up with something even stupider.

Jay, you should come to the show anyway. There'll be demos and beer. (MMMMM... demos and beer). With demos and beer, of course Barry's gonna be there.

I'm hoping Slinger's gonna show....

Ahem, I'M HOPING SLINGER'S GONNA SHOW...?

So far the list is: Beau Bajjaly, Jason Gordon, Eli Schwartz, Me, Barry, Pakoh, Chris and Jackie Rice (I hope), um and some others I'm waiting to hear from.

-to be continued