PDA

View Full Version : 3 months in and this is the best i got

natehussey
07-10-2005, 11:29 AM
ok so i first got my shit together and lit my torch for the first time around the end of March. I work 60-70 hours a week at my day job and then come home, try to spend some time with my wife and kids then go out to my shop and blow glass. I work alone and am trying to teach myself. I have picked up a lot of tips from all of you and now would really like to hear what you have to say. I am pretty thick skinned so feel free to be brutal, but i really would like some feedback. thanks nate

I hope this works.....
www.glasspipes.org/natehussey

onion
07-10-2005, 11:57 AM
as another beginner, i think your doing really well! the only thing i could think of would be to use more clear/fuming type stuff to save cash while your learning. good work :D

xTheGongx
07-10-2005, 12:13 PM
At 3 months, I couldn't even keep glass from cracking, much less make something functional.

Good job.

Chris Carlson
07-10-2005, 12:15 PM
the only thing i could say is, work on your form and shaping before all the reversal/ switchback stuff. like onion said, use less color. everyonr doesn't need to learn the way i did, but i think having a solid foundation makes a better house. work on makin perfect fumed or wrapped n rake spoons. wrap n rake is an excellent way to have some color, work on fuming, the shaping will be so much more controlled due to the even pattern(hopefully). ruin 100 mouthpieces on fumed spoons before even tryin to get fancy with the color design. no use having a cool pattern and ajanky mouthpiece, carb, bowl hole.... all the actual important parts of a pipe. i'm glad i didn't have this forum or glasspipes to look at when i started, i probably would've have a hard time just sticking to the fundamentals. i used to make four bub stems and weld them all around a piece of 1inch tube till i had about 12 stems welded to that tube. it looked retarded and i couldn't sell it or show it off, but when it came time to put a bub together i had done loads of these welds. get my drift? chris.

dogmaw
07-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Your bottle is really cool. Keep working!!