PDA

View Full Version : Aura's Torque Frames

β
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Anybody else get these? Mike said they are not available yet.

Edit: Mike said he is expecting them sometime around the end of september if anyone is interested.

jokersdesign
09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Anybody else get these? Mike said they are not available yet.

Edit: Mike said he is expecting them sometime around the end of september if anyone is interested.

What are these?

β
09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6903

jokersdesign
09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6903

Ok.

Dude I got those. I got them for $10 at the local welding store. But my glass do not have the aura lens in them.

I think they are great. The fit tight to your face with padding on the inside. The sides are dark so you can only see like 90 degrees in front of you instead of 180 degrees. They also have a vent on the side of then you let heat and air in and out so your glass don't fog up on you.

β
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
That's just what i was wanting to hear b/c i was wondering if they fogged up at all

harpentuan
09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
just a side post... not worthy of a new thread. I have 286 in the patriot safety frame. I found identical frame blanks for 6.99 on the internet. not with Aura lenses of course. But the frames solo price gave me beer-courage. I needed a cutome fit. So I went at it. I already painted all the clear sections with acrylic black. Now I was cutting off the earpieces. Not the whole ear rod, just the curve. Then I attached a "Croakie" type neoprene elastic head band. And I hand sewed each croakie end to the frame stubs with industrial thread.
I have a perfect fit now. I've used these glasses since this alteration about 2 years ago.
Still going strong. i noticed that if someone tries to use them with smaller hair it's way to big on them. But I get snug fit, quickly upon application, without adjusting anything ever.

go on your business now folks. thank you for attending.

Mike_Aurelius
09-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Ok.

Dude I got those. I got them for $10 at the local welding store. But my glass do not have the aura lens in them.

I think they are great. The fit tight to your face with padding on the inside. The sides are dark so you can only see like 90 degrees in front of you instead of 180 degrees. They also have a vent on the side of then you let heat and air in and out so your glass don't fog up on you.

I sincerely doubt that you got them at a local welding shop. The manufacturer of the frame DOES NOT, repeat, does not sell these frames to welding shops. These are (what's called in the optical industry) Rx-able sunglasses, not welding glasses.

You may have something similar, but they are *NOT* the Torque frame. I double damn guarantee it.

jokersdesign
09-07-2006, 07:31 AM
I sincerely doubt that you got them at a local welding shop. The manufacturer of the frame DOES NOT, repeat, does not sell these frames to welding shops. These are (what's called in the optical industry) Rx-able sunglasses, not welding glasses.

You may have something similar, but they are *NOT* the Torque frame. I double damn guarantee it.

Your right, I went and got the frames out of my garage and they are similar but tot the same.

The ones I got would be so much better then Torque frames from what I can see. I wonder if Aura lens can be put into them?

The frame has some flex so it conforms to your face along with the padding inside. The frames have a adjustable head strape instead of arms the rest on your ears.

The best part is that they conform to your face so well that they block out sweat and each side has a vent that can be open or closed so the lenses don;t fog up on you.

The sides of your eyes are covered so you have on flare.

To bad these aren't the same Torque frames, because they are perfect. I do a lot of hobby wood working projects and for a long time have not been able to find the right eye protection. They would either not be comfortable to wear or when I started sweating the lenses would fog up not allowing me to see.

Here are some pictures of the frames I got at the welding stores OGS in town. Can you put some one of your new lenses like the AGW 325 in them?

http://webpages.charter.net/jokersdesign/frame1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/jokersdesign/frame2.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/jokersdesign/frame3.jpg

Mike_Aurelius
09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Nope. The are single purpose plano (non-prescription) only frames. The lenses are popped into the frame as it comes out of the casting maching hot/warm.

Due to the design, we could probably pop the lenses out, but we would not be able to put different lenses in them.

β
09-07-2006, 08:41 AM
the foam around the eyes looks like it would break down after a little while

jokersdesign
09-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Nope. The are single purpose plano (non-prescription) only frames. The lenses are popped into the frame as it comes out of the casting maching hot/warm.

Due to the design, we could probably pop the lenses out, but we would not be able to put different lenses in them.

ha to bad. Guess I'll be stuck with the grampa looking frames.

jokersdesign
09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
the foam around the eyes looks like it would break down after a little while

The foam is great, has now wear yet. But like all things I sure the foam would break down and years of use.