The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

• Homemade Yoke Rollers DYI

Greetings All,

I was planning on doing this a long time ago, but got re-inspired once I saw another recent thread with some pics of homemade yoke rollers.

Here is my attempt.

Here is what you will need
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-inch-...ing-67060.html ball bearing roller from harbor freight. I am super excited as a harbor frieght just opened a location about 20 minutes from me!

L bracket, found one at home depot. Used for framing and hurricane damage prevention.

And a mini tripod used for cameras. Had this one lying around, but i think you can find one at best buy for around $15.

A few bolts and nuts and you are done.( sorry i dont have the exact size of the bolts, easy enough to find out once you start it on your own tho

Some pics:

I drilled out a hole in the center of the bracket for the bolt of the tripod to sit in.

Drilled out the hole a bit larger for the bolt for the bearing roller.

Add bolts and nuts

And Assemble!

I havent used this yet, but i really think it will work out just fine. Probably not the most stable thing, but it is fully adjustable and it only cost me about 6 dollars in change to put together. I'll let you guys know how it works out in the long run.

Featured Member's Spotlight!
Pogo Blackfire Glassworks Wesley Fleming Whipkey Glass Bullet Proof Glass No Coast Glass
Donate to our forum!