The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Things

nickglassdood Lurker

Default Re: 10 Things

ahite ill do one

!. I live in boston and have travelled all over doing the tour thing and trying to live other places but i always end up back here. its wicked pissa

2. i got a sweet ass shop space with 4 other glassblowers in somerville in an artists building

3. i started blowing glass in my parents pool shed, then ended up in seattle after phish tour one summer , then went to salem for a year and left and blew glass in lots of states for a 6 month periods.

4. im in recovery and produce alot more work now that my head is clear.

5. some company saw my picture in the paper and brought me to la in 4th grade to be in a dog food commerical .

6. my last girlfriend lest me for the chic i blew glass next too.

7. i get along really good with my lil sister now that my head is clear i like to hang out with her and her punk rock friends they have a band called muffstasph its all girls

8. i am excited to be getting another person that makes pipes in my studio with me even tho there is another studio with pipers down the hall

9. one of my fav places i lived was vt and now my parents are moving there

10. when people ask me what i wanna do with my life and i dont know then they ask what i like i can only answer i liked drugs and tour , glassblowing and strip clubs. the only one i still do is glassblowing. ahite maybe sneak into the strippie and drink a soda but ya feel like a mad pervert if your not drunk

ok. Let's see if I can come up with ten:

1) My full first name is Christy, which is my father's middle name, and his mother's maiden name. Dad goes by Chris and so do I, thank you very much.

2) My sister and I were supposed to be born on the same date, but five years apart. They had to induce labor on my mom because I wanted my own damn birthday , so my sis and I are 5 years and 5 days apart. Maybe this is really saying something weird about my parents' sex life, but I try not to think about that too much.

3) I've lived here in Ft Wayne, IN since I was about 10 1/2. Before that Dad was in the Air Force, so we moved around a bit. It went like this: born in Kokomo, IN; stationed in Vegas for a minute; back to West Lafayette, IN; out to North Chelmsford, MA; down to Shalimar, FL; and back up to Ft Wayne, IN. I was not very amused to leave FL to come to IN.

4) Every chance I get, I drive 860 miles from Ft Wayne to Hatteras, NC. That is where my Mom is from, and my parents have moved back there since my Dad retired. I also have more family there than you can poke a stick at there. My Mom knows exactly how they are all related. I can never dream of keeping it all straight (second cousin, twice removed, blah blah blah). I'm just glad not to have grown up there, as I would never be sure whether I was actually committing an act of incest or not.

5) I quit smoking those damn dirty cigarettes just over 8 months ago. Cold turkey off two packs a day, biotch! I am now one of like 3 or 4 of my friends who actually do NOT smoke those nasty things. And now that I am out from under that, I can't believe that I was so into it. Blech. Yep, I am the worst kind of ex-smoker. And everyone I work with chain smokes.

6) I've been living with my man, Wes for 9 1/2 years now. We do not plan to get married, or have any kids. And I have finally gotten most of our friends and family to shut the hell up about both of those issues.

7) I spent a month in Morocco when I was 15 with a family far wealthier than should be allowed. Total culture shock. The ocean there was beautiful. The open air markets were a trip, and the local men were relentless.

8) I am a singer, and I can't remember a time when I wasn't. It's just always been part of who I am. And if you go on a road trip with me, you had better be ready for a show. The only way I'm not rockin' out in the car is if I don't know the song.

9) I had a breast reduction about ten years ago. No one really needs to be a FF cup. Especially not if insurance will cover the operation. I had never even had so much as a stitch before that surgery. Thankfully, the scars are pretty much gone, and I don't feel like Frankentit anymore. I'm glad I did it.

10) Lookie there, made it to # 10...that took a while. I think you may already know too much. Probably more than you ever wanted to. How about something a little less personal: my drink of choice is Jack & 7, and I like my pizza plain cheese, please.

---cdk
    Chris Kellum
    General Manager
    Colored Sands Glass Co
    www.lampworkingsupplies.com
    tel# 888 238 4789

OOOO! MY TURN!

1) I started working on the torch after 1 week course at Haliburton School of the Arts and I am moistly self-tought and planning on attending Salem CC's art glass course (in Sept. 07)

2)Before I got into glass I was a painter and illustrator who was just accepted into digital animation at Humber college (a very good school) but i turned in down to purse my glass addiction

3) the human figure and anathomy inspires my work, teachers have told me that I have an apparent great masters look to my work (well my drawings anyway)

4) I work at an artist co-op in Kingston, NGB Studios

5) I have 2 part-time jobs, one as a night janitor (allows me to work morning at my studio) and 2 days a week at a all natural food store (it dosn't pay much but as parttime work goes its pretty enjoyable), i usaually work 25hrs a week and I work in the studio on my off days

6)Im a geek/artist, I spend some of my spare time (outside studio) gaming, I've been playing less video games and more board games lately. I also enjoy P&P RPGS, Table-top mini games, and fantasy, historical and conspiracy theorist books.

7) Rock 'n Roll and beer rule. I LOVE GUINESS, SLEEMENS HONEY BROWN & CREAM ALE, MEGADETH, LED ZEPPELIN, CHILDREN OF BODOM, and DREAM THEATER. I listen to alot of Blues, metal, punk and classic rock.

8) I am honest, hardworking and learning disabled, i like argueing about religion, politics and philosophy, i am not associated with any purticular group (liberal or conservative) because I see faults in both groups. members and followers of both groups are usually ignourant or scared to agree with the other side/admit fault

9) People say I am funny in a strange expressive way, others say Im weird in a strange expressive way, and a few insecure assholes say im stupid in a strange expressive way.

10) I SUX AT SPELLEN SO FORGIVE MY ERROERS

11) I believe in co-op organizations like NGB studios and online communities like the melting pot

cheers Matt
    Cheers Matt

big change. one more thing...
    1. i am no longer "that dreadie glassblower chick".....just a glass blowing chick, you figure it out

Passing the Gential Germ around N.C. for over 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer
    big change. one more thing...
    1. i am no longer "that dreadie glassblower chick".....just a glass blowing chick, you figure it out
    The carpets match the drapes?

...dude.....so unecessary..........heh but it would be funny if the carpets were dreaded eh? eeewwwww

Passing the Gential Germ around N.C. for over 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer
    ...dude.....so unecessary..........heh but it would be funny if the carpets were dreaded eh? eeewwwww
    no. trust me, it wouldn't...

wow 10 things....

1 i live on a small rural island in the forest in a small cabin.... and blow glass in a modified camper trailer.

2 i love to longboard, hike and play hand drums.

3 i cant draw

4 both my parents are artists

5 im 6'3 and have a bad back at the age of 19 my physo guy said i had " the flexibility of a 90 yearold woman"

6 ive been single for too long... girls say im " to nice" figure that one out

7 i have a huskey wolf dog

8 i now have the traveling bug and cant wait to go across canade... peru./.. india.... mexico...fiji.......

9 i grow some good dope

10 ive dislocated my sholder 3 times..

1. i was raised by a buddhist lawyer
    2. one of my earliest memories is being told to 'meditate on my navel.' it has never failed to calm me.
    3. i am a minister of the fourth tuesday mellmanist people's first church of merciful christ saves YOU more, GUARANTEED! and your membership has been pre-approved!!
    4. i was told in a vision that i am sworn to protect all of god's non-delicious creatures. deliciousness is subjective, but i will always kill a mosquito and never a spider.
    5. i sleep as little as 4 hours a night and as much as 7.5, but rarely less or more than that.
    6. i have eaten thousands and thousands of bagels.
    7. time seems to move faster as i get older.
    8. i have a lot of injuries from mountain bikes, skateboards, car wrecks, and general clumsiness.
    9. i snore like a buzzsaw.
    10. i am a lover of all kinds of music. i even like billy joel...but if you tell anyone ........................

bump!
    ~Misha

ok, i'll bite...

1. i LOVE guacamole, but hate avacados

2. i have a hangliding license in the state of GA

3. i just got my drivers license last year, thats right,don't hate.....and i got the hangliding license 7 years ago! flying is just more fun than driving...

4. i have't held a real job since 2004

5. i'm really into getting things in the mail. its quite possibly the most exciting thing ever.

6. it's hard for me to drink beverages other than coffee and beer when they don't come with a straw. straws are good, and everything tends to taste better when it comes from a straw. neon colors are preferable. i often carry straws with me to avoid the horrible eperience of not having one when i want it.

7. im secretley white trash. i frequently buy things from infomercials, like boxed wine, and watch soap operas.

8. i own 8 velour sweatsuits. one neon green terrycloth one, and a bright pink cotton one. i wear them frequently.

9.im very domestic despite myself. i enjoy cooking, cleaning the bathroom, sewing, latchhooking, knitting and my newest obsession- neddlepoint.

10. i have no idea where im going with my life. any suggestions are welcome.

10.5 Had to add this one in. Even though I have worked and lived in a cemetery for over 12 years I am deathly afraid of the paranormal, ghosts, poltergeists, etc... They freak me out and if I ever actually saw something I would prolly lock up.

10. I got married when I was 17, 2 days before I turned 18. Going on 13 years now.

9. I'm a geek, redneck, nerd, badass, wanna be artist with anger management issues.

8. My thumbs are double jointed, I have a full 180 degree range of motion on my upper thumb (where the nail is).

7. I like peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.

6. I love tattoos and would love 1 or 2 but to date have none (wife issues )

5. In my lifetime I have done plumbing, rough carpentry, metalworking, roofing, automechanics (4x4s mostly, built my own rock crawler), snowplowing, building gaming custom gaming computers, and HVAC. This is on top of excavating, sandblasting, making headstones, pouring cement, and groundskeeping that I do in my 9-5 job.

4. I was in the army for 10 weeks and got a general discharge for a 'pre-existing' injury (government screwed me).

3. I love cats and have 3 spoiled girls Patricia (tittles), Holly (monkey), and Jinx (dink).

2. I drive a 1986 chevy blazer with 33" sidewinder m/ts and a rear locker with plans to upgrade to 3/4 ton 4.10 axles with rear locker, SM465/NP205 tranny and Tcase, built 350 sbc, hooker headers dunping into 2 1/2" stainless dual exhaust with flowmaster 40s, edelbrock performer aluminum intake with an edelbrock 750 4bbl carb. If any of you know what all that is we need to have a beer together

1. I like boobs.
    Last edited by gravdigr; 02-13-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries

1) i have five more years of making pipes before i can afford to make jewelry full time

2) i have never had a cavity in any of my teeth

3) i am compulsively obsessed with the number three and multiples thereof

4) i have a fifteen year old daughter who makes me proud to be a good father every day

5) i am an excellent cook

6) i worked at the republican national committee for a summer in an attempt to rebel against my hippie parents

7) i am an extremely loyal friend

8) i have been together with my wife since 1987. i have smelled good ever since the day i met her.

9) i was the youngest person in the history of my troop to achieve the rank of eagle scout

10) i wear my t-shirts inside out because the seams bother me. i live my life the same way and for the same reason

11) i am thirty-nine years old and i still haven't grown up

12) this list has to have 12 items (see number three)
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

nice entries guys! it's fun learning little oddities.
    ~Misha

1. i have always wanted to try hang gliding, but it is so damn expensive.
    2. i love skimboarding
    3. i've always wanted a tattoo or more but i don't want to because i know the color will fade eventually
    4. i love my camera, photography, and nature combined.
    5. i plan to buy a g35 coupe, but i love rally car style racing.
    6. i left college after a month or so of starting, and now im already doing what i planned to do AFTER college (be a machinist and make my own glass studio)
    7. i have seen the northern lights once so far, they were amazing.
    8. les claypool's bass makes me move
    9. my two last girlfriends bother got pregnant and had a baby with their next boyfriend after me
    10. i was in nyc around september cruising on my longboard, then a crack stopped it and my board slowly rolled into the street, the light went green, and a taxi ran over my board... i need a new board.

1. I have lived in Utah 24 years and i am ready to try someplace new. Maybe Portland.
    2. I sell granite countertops to pay for my glass habit. ( not glass as in meth but borosilicate.)
    3. I drive a 2006 Subaru STI with all the added extras 345HP.
    4. My mormon Parents think a glass pipe is a incence holder still to this day.
    5. I learned to blow glass from a guy selling pipes in the parking lot at a String Cheese Incident show who now is addicted to Zanex and sells fake money making scams on the phone.
    6. I met my wife on an internet dating site and she is from Russia. Great conversation starter. And no I know what you are thinking, but she was in the states already.
    7. I think the axis of the earth will be shifts very soon so hold on.
    8. My mom called the cops on me when I was 12 for growing dope.
    9. I made more money last year than both my parents combined.
    10. I sold a friend antifreeze as acid when I was 15 to see if it would make him trip.
    Peace
    Nate

Within A Sphere

01. my mom has had 3 kids in her own bed all natural using no man made drugs but she doesn't know what marijuana smells like.

02. my fathers midlife crisis was at age 23... all his brothers/male family members also lived short lives.

03. i've had a dog follow me home and not leave with no food or water. finally returned to its owners till i wake up one morning to find it jumped the fence and is sleeping on the deck. apparently i'm its human cause its not my dog...

04. i believe in creation and evolution.

05. i fell asleep once, so did my driver, since i've seen more roadside dead people then most people see in a lifetime.

06. i've been designing my tattoos longer then i've worked glass but still haven't put one on me.

07. my best friend was shot by a cop his father at age 7 "cleaning his revolver".

08. in highschool i played in a punk band it lasted... 5 years and 4 recordings. highschool lasted till i was 18 and didn't want to be shipped off.

09. i can't recall one relationship ive been in that lasted under a year except the last.

10. petewice once called me a wookie cause he didn't have anything else to say to rex trimm.

11. i went back to high school at 23 and graduated high honors...to say "fuck you" in response to "loser". its done nothing.

12. is a number ive learned to hate since i started buying glass measured in metric
    Last edited by slave; 02-13-2007 at 10:05 PM.

10 Things rocks

1. I have owned 23 Volkswagens, and miss very one of them.

2. I played guitar in a band called Herecy for 13 years.

3. While working glass, I am not as artistically creative as I wish I were.

4. I love my wife and daughter to death.

5. Meeting truly 'nice' people makes me realize how much NY has jaded me.

6. I have more stitches than a queen sized quilt

7. The things I do best, I cant stand doing.

8. I regret not being able to see fatherly advice for what it was. Honest, and true.

9. I once paid for someone elses mistake - with my life

10. I lost my job today, and have never felt better.
    Last edited by canaan; 02-13-2007 at 11:14 PM.
    David :: If i weren't supposed to burn them, God would not have given me fingers

1. I have never had a driver's license
    2. I've been on my own since age 15
    3. I have 4 tatts
    4. I don't like alcohol
    5. My Bf's most recent ex and I have the same birthday
    (also I know 6 other people with my same bday)
    6. I feel like I've already lived 1000 lifetimes in this one lifetime
    7. I was the only girl glassblower in my town for a long time.
    8. "I WANT CANDY"
    9. I've lived in Albuquerque, Austin x2, So. San Fran, Seattle, Bozmen MT, Deadwood SD, Born in Kennewick WA,
    But lived here the longest (Spokane)
    10. I love CRKT and Benchmade pocket knifes.
    ~Amelia

1. I dressed as Bob Ross for Halloween this year
    2. I've only ever owned VW Jetta's (i'm on my 3rd)
    3. I like to think i can judge somebody within the first 5 min. of meeting them (sometimes i'm pleasantly wrong)
    4. I can never turn down candy when somebody offers it.
    5. I'm a boobs guy, but won't ever turn down a nice ass.
    6. I hate preppies but now dress like one for job and social reasons
    7. I was made an eagle scout the day of my 18th birthday
    8. my favorite bottle opener is a steal card that fits in my wallet
    9. I just realized i have no idea where said bottle opener is, but i still have my wallet.
    10. I've been a raver since the 8th grade, but have never done E.
    Thanks,

Andrew