The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things

Default Re: 10 Things

fuck it let's do 10 more!

1.) I absolutely love stand up comedy
    2.) I've spent thousands on glass (not lampworking)
    3.) I have an all black cat named brat that I love like a child
    4.) I believe in god but don't have a religion
    5.) I love every aspect of computers and have been a computer dork for a while
    6.) I love ketchup and spaghetti sauce but will NOT eat a tomato
    7.) I love peanut butter too much
    8.) used to work at a deli but have been out of work for ~8 months
    9.) I can't grow a beard
    10.) never broken or fractured a bone

1. born and raised in Toledo ,Ohio . worked with glass(not boro) in several industrial settings , but never got to play with glass until i got to californina.now i get to work/play with glass daily.
    2.i rode a mountain bike ,with trailer, from Spokane, WA to Sedona AZ once. (i had nothin better to do)
    3. i've never been qualified for a job i've gotten.
    4.i like my snacks salty, not sweet. ( unless you talking about frozen hostess/lil debbies or PECAN PIE !!!)
    5. i have a 17 year old who is the son of a lefthanded banjo player.
    6. for 8 years i worked as a snowmobile taxi driver, in Bear Valley,CA
    7. i worked in an ice cream factory for 2 months before they told me, i didn't work there, that i was never hired ,because i failed the drug test. , suprise suprise.
    8. I HATE PEAS IN MAC AND CHEESE !!!
    9 . and oh ya ,I REALLY LOVE PECAN PIE !!!
    10. i lived with a group of vegans for 5 months , and then i had the best bacon cheese burger with chili cheese fries and milkshake EVER!!!
    "Never seen it, never bought it now you wanna sell it?
    ^And this guy, fuckin' wants to buy it even....lol.
    I'm impressed."

when in doubt, fuck it. when not in doubt.............get in doubt
    http://www.berningglass.com/
    http://www.glasspipes.org/BerningGlass

^^lol @ #7

1. Born in france but dont speak french. Unless you count the bits I learned while being in french class at school.
    2. Lived in California for 2 years during Jr High. Nice climate, way too lotsa people. Had to wait in line to look at sea lions?
    3. One Tattoo, old school of the dragon that almost killed me. He even had my sword. Shit that was close.
    4. Guess I gotta put that I have lived in 4 provinces. In Australia now so have short roots. BC is home. Vancouver Island. Someday will be back home.
    5. I have a for real "happy place" on my farm. It is on a ridge overlooking the creek and about 1/2 way up the big trees that start on the edge of the creek. Its like having a tree house with ferns and Douglas fir trunks filtering morning sun. I can watch the ducks and eagles fly along the creek and be above them but still under the canopy. There is a fire pit so I can have a campfire and morning coffee. It was sad to leave that place.
    6. I work as an engineer so I have no real people skills. Only went to college for 1 1/2 years. Funny where you can get to when you can do a job but dont have the "paperwork to go with it.
    7. I get confused when people ask me if I am left or right handed. USUALLY... tactile things I do left handed. Anything requiring strenth I am right handed. Maybe its just cause no one ever found used baseball mits for lefties when I was a kid. Right eye dominant. Found that out shooting bows.
    8. I am not religious. But I do believe all living things have a soul, that souls don't need gender, or race or even species. Souls all come from the same place and are made of the same thing. Peace out man. Imagine, thanks John.
    9. I am not a hippie. My hair is way too short. Some of it is MIA. I always wanted a mohawk as a kid. Back when I still had my youthfull idealism. Has anyone seen that by the way? I wanna be a hippie, then I saw Easy Rider. Yep the world really does hate what free men represent.
    10. I have cultivated the ability to not worry about things I cannot change. The hard part is sometimes others see that as me just not giving a fuck.
    11. Cookies, ah cookies. This is for the guys. If you like cookies and milk ,ya gotta listen up. Been married 25 years and this has helped. When a lady brings you some cookies n milk dont eat all the cookies, drink all the milk, burp roll over and go to sleep. I know this seems odd, so here is the secret no one will tell you but me. Make sure she gets her cookies too and she will be more likely to wanna have more cookies later.
    12. I have logged with draft horses. I even learned how to shoe them. The new Island highway cleared a ton of small wood that flooded the market, that was the end of that. I love the smell of warm horses and harness on a frosty.
    morning.
    13. Bakers dozen, good luck eh, but just for me. I have been blowing glass for about a year now. No farm in Aus so needed something to do. Dont watch TV find it just bums me out. Should call it the "bad news". Took a few lessons at a for real studio doing proper furnace work. Way cool. Torch lets me rip it up at three in the mornin without heading to town. I have never actually sat with someone working glass on a torch unless you count the bead working lesson I took for one afternoon. I love glass. Youtube has been awsome and I am very thankfull there is an online community like this to grow with.
    Cheers!
    They really do say "No Worries" here as part of normal conversation.....
    Dazza

1. ive played bass for 7 years and guitar for 4.
    2. i like to tinker with computers
    3. im a dork, like video games and electronic gadgets
    4. even though im a dork i dont use cell phones, i have a phone but i dont answer it.
    5.i have 1 tattoo, though i hope to get more...someday, both my ears are also pieced and gauged.
    6. not really into too many sports other the MMA, kind of a ridiculous fanatic in that department though.
    7. im forgetful as shit.
    8. Dancing rulez
    9. Im a pen/marker/writing utensil thief, i love nice pens lol
    10. I am a pirate.

mutha fukin Jack Sparrrow in the flesh mofos represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..... a butt pirate!!!! OOOOOOhhhh!!!!

haha no i kid, i kiddddddd
    Thanks,

Andrew

1. I've had a full beard since I was 16
    2. I just recently realized that I wear plaid/flannel shirts pretty much every day even in the summer
    3. My first tattoo was a cow, I got it on my calf. It took me about a year to realize that I have a tattoo of a calf on my calf.
    4. I got sucked into a tornado while riding a golfcart and was thrown around 70 feet.
    5. During #4 I fractured my L5 and haven't been able to bend backwards because of it for over 2 years.
    6. I have a tendency to completely lose my shit when the weather is anywhere between grey/cloudy-heavy downpours and rain.
    7. A little over a year ago I was getting shit faced at the bar, a person I had just barely met told me to quit my job so I could drink with him daily and be his apprentice. So I quit my job. Sadly the studio went under after I busted my ass getting it up and running. I really can't complain though because it planted the seed and I got alot of good knowledge from it without even realizing it at the time. I borrowed $1200 and set up my own studio 6 months later.
    8. I got sponsored by a local skateshop when I was 15. Then I discovered girls.
    9. I hate the people who work for Hortica a workmans comp company based in Illinoise more than anything in the world. They are the scum of the earth.
    10. It might sound cliche but glass kinda saved my life. It was the first and still is one of only a few things that have given me any fulfilment in my life for a while now. To check the kiln to see what it has for me is the reason I get out of bed in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by themoch View Post
    ..... a butt pirate!!!! OOOOOOhhhh!!!!

haha no i kid, i kiddddddd
    and that makes you...

did someone spill the beans bout mochs drunkin knight in the pirate tent.. dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i saw a lot of things at AGI the past 2 years ive attended, however i have yet to see a drunken knight...i WISH. maybe next year you need a suit of armor...or someone does...

ok gonna make an ass out of myself new here and might as well get it over with...lol

1. Names Steven
    2. Worked in a genetics lab for about a year helping with "experiments" on rats and mice.
    3. I am cookoo for cocoa puffs! They are da bomb!
    4. I have my own airplane and love to fly!
    5. I own 2 restaurants in east texas.
    6. Animal lover (ironic huh after number 2)
    7. Don't socialize outside the internet much if at all unless I have to make an "appearance to a customer" hang in the office!
    8. Never been nor will I EVER get married.
    9. French toast and nyquil makes me blow chunks for days!
    10. Love to make loud fart sounds in public and act like nothing happened!

I been on here for a min but never did this .... sounds fun, kinda like the first day of school when you introduce yourself.
    1. The name's "bee.rye." Not beery or beerie
    2.Got a bachelors in fine art from The Art Academy of Cincinnati.
    3.Learned "offhand" soft glass at AAC, from Warren T.
    4.Learned torch working from the Pat H. (aka Freedumb).
    5.I have two Pit-Bulls/Pit mixes.
    6.I ride a Kawasaki KLR 650 , old man style.
    7.I used to write graffiti and skateboard, now i just snowboard.
    8.Sometimes I play bass guitar.
    9.I've been with the same girl for 10+ yrs and still not married.
    10.This wasn't as fun as I thought it would be, you guys's were much more interesting.

Ok I'll bump this up

1) I've had the same wallet for 17 years, used daily.

2) I never wanted kids especially a daughter but now have three smallest a girl and she is the light of my life.

3) love fishing but rarely do it.

4) have a bad habit of seeing good in people even when there isn't any.

5) I love fish tacos.......both vareties

6) went to school for biology but work in the chemistry field (day job)

7) I love driving fast but hate speeding tickets so I rarely do except for when I work late and go about 100 on the way home.

8) spelling errors in text drive me nuts. Even worse when the error si me lol!

9) I really love caves and have plans to explore as many as possible in my life.

10) I love my wife and family

11) I'm a sci-fi geek and love nothing more than to watch sci-fi movies and eat reeses pieces.

12) I once ate a whole spoonful of horseradish on a bet for free beer all night. Got sick and only had one beer. To this day will not eat anything with horseradish in it.

13) I really really want to skydive

14) I like multiples of 7

^^multiples of eleven are overtly cool, multiples of seven are confusing and hurt my brain. im down with 7 sided regular polygons tho.

10 things hmmm

1~ Got divorced, moved in with the new gf and had a baby with her in less than one year. lol never saw that commin..... (and yes this meant I moved my whole glass shop, ugh).

2~My gf has a nine year old, I have a 2 year old w the ex (have her on the weekends) and my two month old girl makes 3 girls, wow that happened fast! Wildman turned family man in a blink of an eye.

3~ I have been working as an Arborist for the past 6 years, and have run my own tree biz for the last 3. I have several landscape tree care cert but the best is I am an ISA Certified Arborist. (yes I climb trees with a chainsaw and shit)

4~ If its worth being serious about its worth joking and laughing about.

5~ I am a leo and sometimes get way outta control slap stick silly crazy fun friends ether love that or hate it, ha

6~ I love going out just to dance, dance and dance till the wee hours o the morn. (I mean get down and dirty dancin, bump grind and sweat)

7~ I live in wisco and drink as much beer as the state can make.

8~ I raise chickens in the city.

9~ I spent 4.5 months in the amazon rainforest of Ecuador w an indiginous tribe.

10~ I have been making art as long as I can remember. Love it, but after I started melting glass I dont think I have spent more than one hour ata time drawing........ living my dream, with a few other unexpected parts thrown it.

Hey what does this bolt go to???? Thought I put this back together right??? huh, extra parts i guess.....

11~ oh yah, and if you have never tried breast milk, your missin out. Its so sweet and delicious (like the milk in the bottom of your cereal bowl), but the only way to have it is straight from the tap!!

^^haha yeah breast milk, not bad at all and way more fun than drinkin from the carton.

1. I'm allergic to, well, almost everything
    2. I'm female, call me Drea for short
    3. I want to get a PHD in Neuropsychology
    4. I've been married for 12 years
    5. I DON'T want kids
    6. I'm a major dork
    7. I don't use anything besides tobacco and I rarely drink...but you can
    8. I read a lot
    9. I love Ayn Rand
    10. 42

Quote Originally Posted by Alaindrea View Post
    9. I love Ayn Rand
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaindrea View Post
    10. 42
    double nice!
    Thanks,

Andrew

1. I am afraid of the sark, anything with more than six legs, and true love and commitment

2. I have social anxiety. It's why I am always drunk when you see me at events.

3. I have a third nipple

4. I drink too much...can't blame it all on the social anxiety

5. I am only 1/4 as good and productive as the advice I give...physician heal thyself and all that

6. I love blue collar men. Which also means I am happy being poor

7. I hate money so much I spend it so I don't have to deal with it

8. I love cars...old cars...and getting greasy. I can rebuild an engine without help

9. My favorite people are those who aren't afraid to push limits and be themselves...I am a freak. You should try it.

10. I love the taste of shower lube

Aymie