The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 10 Things

Default Re: 10 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Barry-Allen View Post
    dude my jaw does that shit too. wtf is up with that?
    I have no idea, I fear jaw arthritis..

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbycup Stash View Post
    1 - I have four cats
    2 - I have on occasion eaten peanut butter on pizza
    3 - I have had magazine articles published in seven languages.
    4 - I used to teach at a college
    5 - I am artsy crafty
    6 - I like to walk to the river
    7 - I've lost over 100 lbs off my top weight
    8 - I do a weekly podcast
    9 - Terry Pratchett is one of my favorite authors.
    10 - There are 10 types of people, those who can read binary, and those that can't. I can.
    Hey, Grubbycup. I have read a number of your magazine articles. Welcome to the Melting Pot!

Guys, the jaw clicking could be symptoms of TMJ. Look it up.

1. 4 yrs USMC
    2. 48 yrs old
    3. 2 yrs Iraq/Afghanistan turning wrenches.
    4. love firearms
    5. 92 mustang, 10.9 in the qtr mile. (thats 130 mph)
    6. love building equipment IE annealers, color pot melters etc...
    7. not working
    8. love ice cream with the real cheap butter flavored pancake syrup poured all over it, with walnuts and raisins on top.
    9. thinking of taking on a job in ND
    10. hot glass is cool !

1. My husband says I never go to sleep. (He's growling)
    2. I have 2 useless college degrees, but should technically have three useless college degrees. (they didn't credit the last one because I didn't pay)
    3. I make my own memes.
    4. I'm new here.
    5. I'm a sound/color synthete
    6. My fashion and musical tastes are perpetually stuck in the late 1990's.
    7. I have had my legal name changed twice.
    8. But have kept the same internet basename for 12 years (Fox)
    9. I only pretend to be an extrovert.
    10. I have collected rocks since I was a child; simply because they don't break.

This is a meme I created: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack bock.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	62748
    One can only do the best they can with the information and resources they have available at each moment.

here are 10 things ,not related to glass, that I feel very, very fortunate to have experienced.

I've danced all night in a Tokyo nightclub
    I've walked over a bed of hot coals
    I've climbed Mt Kilimanjaro
    I've wrestled Komodo dragons (onto an X-ray table)
    I've snorkeled off the coast of Zanzibar
    I've eaten seared foie gras in Paris
    I've sailed under the Golden Gate bridge at sunset
    I've climbed naked through the Exploratorium Tactile Dome (it was a "sanctioned" event)
    I've talked a suicidal young woman off a bridge
    I've seen flying fish and bioluminescence in the middle of the ocean

1. I recently hit rock bottom in life and I was hoping glass blowing could be my outlet.

2. I was going to college for surgical technology but I dropped out.

3. I found both my long lost brother and sister on Facebook!

4. I wish I still had time to do search and rescue.

5. My dream home would definitely be something from that show tiney house america.

6. I have an English bulldog named chunk.

7. I can't imagine living anywhere besides Oregon.

8. My brother convinced me to long bored for the first time and I went through the front window of a car.

9. I would love to be the the first astronot on Europa.

10. I'm trying to use this forum on a cheap phone and its a pain in the ass!

1. I super glued my eye shut when I was 5

2.i love skateboarding

3. I won a Halloween contest at the mall dressed as a table when I was 7

4.i like old time radio shows

5.i always eat pancakes from the center out

6.i am a pro at wrapping presents

7.i am told I am very quick witted

8.i listen to way too much depressing music

9.i was born in Kentucky

10. I have a fascination with trains and rivers

From my years at the Renaissance Festival.

1. I can tell how many arrows are in my hand just by holding them.
    2. Elephants poop several wheel barrows worth a day.
    3. Elephants are really smart, and messed with me because I was the new guy. When I went to shovel their poop, the one would pick up the wheel barrow and throw it over there. And then when I went to get that it would pick up the shovel and throw it in a different direction. Then the rake. It wouldn't touch them when they were in my hands though, so I had to manage all three utensils at the same time, just to shovel elephant poop. It was tricky.
    4. Camels poop in large piles of small rabbit pellets. It's impossible to get them all. It blends with the mud though, so you can't tell you're walking in it at least.
    5. I didn't only shovel poop. I also took customers on circular camel rides by guiding the camel.
    6. Camels are really stupid. If you hold your arm where their neck meets the body, they won't be able to see what's there, and they'll think they can't move forward any more.
    7. Camels are hard to guide. When they feel like stopping, they're gonna stop.
    8. They didn't let me work with the llama, said it was too moody. They poop like camels.
    9. When I worked for a place called The Dye Spot, which made hand dyed(by yours truly) medieval clothes, I heard the line "so you dye(die) for a living" about a thousand times a day by amateur comedians passing by.
    10. When I worked there, I spent a week off site camping amongst a very strange group of people one time. This was smack in the middle of the Arizona desert, and it was hot. There were three groups of people living out there, in kind of a miniature, self accumulated, community.

There was the Vietnam vet, who lived in a small fifth wheel surrounded by what seemed to me to be junk, meticulously gathered and organized into little stacks and piles all around his camper. He said this great organization of junk was booby trapped, and to only ever come or go from his camper in the path he guided me on. He was larger than me, and had a brown trucker mustache and brown hair. Dressed a bit like a lumberjack. All in all he was my favorite. Quiet, and not threatened by much and therefore, nonthreatening, though I had the feeling he could snap me like a twig if he felt like it, you know, like he had that knowledge.

One morning, he poked my chest to wake me up, and I woke up startled, grabbed his hand, twisted it and reflexively said, "I'll f^@&ing kill you". I quickly realized it was him, and as soon as I could focus my eyes I could see he was smiling at me. In my defense of my actions, I thought it was a scorpion or a tarantula, and it freaked me out, and I just wanted to grab it and throw it off me as quickly as possible. Don't want you guys to think I wake up like freaking Wolverine, or that I'm a highly trained killing machine with flashbacks and night terrors, who escaped 22 years, 7 months, 13 days, 0 hours, and 45 minutes ago, from his masters who trained him to be this way through torture and forced combat to the death training starting when he was three, and has been living on the fringes of society ever since, off the grid, using alias's, and am attracted to glassblowing because it's an untraceable job, or anything like that.

I have no idea how he went about obtaining resources for survival out there. I don't remember him even having transportation.

Then a few hundred yards from him was a couple of small fifth wheels occupied by two smaller guys who worked as freelance tree trimmers. They'd go to neighboring towns in their truck, and just ask people and businesses if they needed their trees trimmed. They charged for this service, and it provided free firewood for them, though palm tree logs built up around their trailers. Palm tree logs don't burn well apparently. They were chill enough, though I spent little time around them. Both rather lean, dark haired, and clean shaven petite fellows.

Then there was the family. 3 generations of desert dwellers. A grandpa and a grandma, their son and his girlfriend, and a kid no older than two. They blatantly told me that they steal to get the necessary resources for survival. They had kind of a compound of multiple tents and camper shells and small fifth wheels with tarps set up conjoining things here and there. They also had a little 2 door tan hatchback thing. They were by far my least favorite, as they were all around scummy, and loud, and dumb, and just generally unpleasant, but ultimately harmless.

Together these three places kind of formed a little triangle community filled with dark and leathery skinned from having been baking in the sun for so long, people. They'd managed to obtain an entire park bench, don't ask me how, and once a week they all got together and played monopoly. The regularly scheduled game of the week I witnessed got canceled mid game due to a wind storm picking up all the sudden. Freaking strangest group of people I've ever met. I hung out with them for about a week, playing my acoustic guitar and djembe, smoking cigarettes and whatnot, drinking, a fire every night, mostly just quietly observing and doing song requests because they didn't exactly get a lot of entertainment out that way.

One night, while staying amongst these people, I heard this kind of thumping sound. It was really dark, but the moon provided enough light for me to not walk into a cactus or anything, so I followed the sound. When I came up over the hill, there was this huge circle of cars in a low flat valley between the mountains and hills, and a big fire pit right in the middle, with hippies dancing around it to blaring music, one of which kept throwing hand fulls of copper laced sawdust in the fire to make it green. I walked up on them and partied until the sun came up. That was one of the stranger weeks of my life.
    Last edited by the-thought-police; 10-30-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    Number 1 in all of your glass chainsaw pipe manufacturing needs.

I think that was my favorite 10 things post ever.
    ~Misha

1: I used to work as a bartender in a BDSM one night only club
    2: I have been bitten by a rattlesnake
    3: I have been shot, by a 12 year old, at a Boy Scout camp
    4: I ran a hunting guide business over the winters in Nebraska
    5: Guns, simple but self explanatory
    6: Married
    7: ^ but always looking to upgrade, my torch...
    8: Have never been to a trade show, do not plan on going either
    9: Dated a girl i found out the hard way was making her money through acting, without her clothes on, on a couch, with a...
    10: stranged out that ive never bothered to do any of this forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    9: Dated a girl i found out the hard way was making her money through acting, without her clothes on, on a couch, with a...

1. I am an disabled army veteran.

2. I am ridiculously resourceful and resilient.

3. I have been homeless. (Just imagined it being a long ass FTX in my car, lol.)

5. I am in a 4 year relationship with an amazing woman, who shall be known as SuperBoo.

4. I once walked 8 miles through a snow storm to get to her.

5. NPR is my station of choice and old time radio is my kryptonite (especially Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar)

6. I am going to open a school for glass artists and am in pursuit of a double associates in businesses management and businesses administration.

7. I just bought my glasses and my first torch about a month ago (Carlisle Mini CC), buuuut still need a lot more to get started.

8. My interests include skydiving, surfing (haven't done it yet), chess and of course glass art.

9. My profile pic is of my dog Baird (as in from Gears of War)

10. I have a very robust vernacular that spans the spectrum of verbose and troglodytic to lofty and poignant. I often use this with juxtaposed attire to confuse those who have a preconceived notion of who I am. Works every time
    Last edited by Touch Of Glass; 12-27-2014 at 08:55 AM.

1. I spent 10 years going snowboarding everyday. I lived at the mountain.
    2. I am divorced.
    3. My sister just had twins and I am meeting them for the first time today.
    4. I went on a educational vacation to a ganja farm in Jamaica when I was in college.
    5. I have bachelors degree in drawing and painting.
    6. I have an associates degree in fine art.
    7. I was born december 6, 1976 in Visalia, California.
    8. I drive an old used car.
    9. I take a lot of safety brakes.
    10. I do not smoke cigarettes.

1. I am married without children, just 3 dogs and 8 birds (All birds were given to me or are injured foundlings)
    2. Get waylayed by "oooh, shiny" things
    3. Have an AA in graphic design, an AA in commercial photography and a BA in Fine Art with photography emphasis
    4. Been married twice, divorced once, and currently married 22 years. (the 1st marriage was just practice!)
    5. Can't decide on a tat so i still don't have one
    6. Have been self employed since 1998
    7. Drive a Black Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition with barbed wire pin striping and spikey lug nut covers/caps
    8. Bought a house 3 years ago when the market was at it's lowest and paid for it in full - no mortgage!
    9. Husband is also an artist - a jeweler who works in fold forming various metals!
    10. Want to live where there is greenery and rain, not dry hot desert.

1. Ive learned that something good comes from everything ( my meth habit got me interested in glass) now i can proudly say i just gave a glass habit.

2. I have been in the oilfield for 12 yrs. which is since I was 18.

3. I have worked all over the world. (Africa, Saudi, brazil and a few others

4. I love muscle cars

5. I have 2 dogs

6. I fear old age more than death

7. My wife says im 15 yrs old with 15 yrs experience

8. I hate talking on the phone

9. I am never satisfied

10. I cant imagine living anywhere else but TEXAS

1. I am a lover of simple things. A salmon-gold sunset, a quiet stream, a great meal, a good movie.

2. At the same time, I love city life. I've lived in Miami and went to school in New York, and was born in Los Angeles.

3. I've also lived in rural areas. And a block from the beach.

4. Sometimes I'm the artist in front of the camera. Sometimes I'm the one behind it.

5. I hold a Black belt in Taekwondo, and have loved practicing since 1996.

6. I love having a fish in the house. I have no fish right now.

7. I was on the street as a teen, sleeping in garages, in cars, under bridges.

8. I quit High School on my 16th b'day.

9. I graduated two colleges with degrees, NYU was one.

10. I believe staying aware of the proximity of death is one of the main things that keeps moments precious.

Yay this is exiting

1.I only drink Homogenized milk
    2. My dogs name is ear he is a red nose pitbull/ mastiff cross
    3. I am a seasoned veteran Vaper 100% vg is the way to go
    4. My name is jason i own GMG
    5. I always work to better my spiritual self threw meditation and self reflection
    6. Both my parents are Hungarian and came to canada to give my family a better life and they succeed!
    7. I can cook a amazing stew ( secret is garlic and onions lots and lots)
    8. Interested to see how this September will go with all of the hype i am reading
    9. I am open to all expressions of feeling
    10. Favor communication over assumption any day ( seems odd but i see the opposite every day)

I'm super stoked about being a part of this community!

My 10 things:

1. My name is Kaz
    2. I skipped 4 grades and graduated high school at 14
    3. I am a well accomplished juggler and have a very active circus life
    4. I ride unicycles
    5. I have been vegetarian for 2 years now
    6. I have bongo drums, Ocarinas, Guitars, and lots of musical instruments even though I have no musical talents
    7. I love slackining
    8. Acroyoga is pretty cool, I like doing that too
    9. I listen to Psytrance, Ambient, Goatrance, psybient, etc.
    10. I own a company that has nothing to do with glass or the circus

1. I live in Altadena, CA
    2. I work For Los Angeles County
    3. I am Obsessed with Boba Fett (Star Wars)
    4. I Love Corgi's
    5. I grew up in the foster care system
    6. I have 1 brother
    7. I love burritos
    8. I like Air cooled Volkswagens
    9. My job is Super Boring
    10. I go through hobbies until I find one that I truly enjoy.