The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stupid stump sucker

Default stupid stump sucker

so i just got my stumpsucker in and i put the piece with all the holes in the bottom of the mold and now i cant get it out. its startin to really bug me. anyone know how to get it out or any ideas would be sweet.
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

Default Re: stupid stump sucker

heat it up with your torch jsut the outside part and the pice should fall right out unless you pressed it in there , not that i know what it is or any thing but thats how i get bearings outa motor cases.. put the whole contraption in the freezer first to get it all cold then heat the outside part

First question that comes to mind is: don't fix what ain't broken. Is it in crooked, or is it working fine as-is? You didn't force it down past the through-hole did you? It shouldn't be able to bottom out....

Anyways...You should be able turn the stump-sucker upside down and gently tap it on a soft surface (a dish towel folded over a couple times). If the disk doesn't fall out, you might have some luck freezing it. Do not stick it straight from the freezer into the flame, just freeze and tap.

If that fails you could probably bend a hook through some of the holes and force it out, but you'd risk breaking the disk. They're not hard to re-make if you have a drill press and some patience, but it's a bitch... and I'm pretty sure you can buy them separate. Failing that I could make you one for like $10-15

-Doug
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

its stuck in there at an angle. damn thing ill try freezing it.
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

i got some dynamite!!! and no i aint kiddin lol

could spray it with some LOX

i have cooled many a soda and beer with lox

maybe some tweezers and pry gently on it until it comes out??

Can you actually use these with boro? I wanted to get one and didnt because I thought it would be pretty hard to do. Would you need the next size of marble mold to make a marble from it?
    Brandie

My Auctions aint got nothin

My Etsy woop eee. beads