The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Color problems, Might be clear problems

Default Color problems, Might be clear problems

Just wanted to drop a quick post about a recent problem and observation Ive had... I have been using these colors for years, most since theyve come out:
    Alchemys Neptune sparkle, bronze sparke, Jupiter, euromax cobalt, and a couple of others, but those are the main ones Im talking about. I have never had problems with those colors, NEVER.... I always use either Simax or Kimble tubing but just recently got a case of Pyrex and about 1/3 of everything I make with those colors in Pyrex (Inside out work) have checked and cracked like the old days.. really sucks b/c I send out about 50 pieces that looked fine and then got a call a few days later that a bunch of them were checked and cracked. I thought it was the color, but Ive been using the same stuff for so long with no prob., then I realized I just started using that Pyrex. Anyone else happen to notice this. Im just glad I dont have to take those colors out of my line, I really like them

Default Re: Color problems, Might be clear problems

I have only used pyrex once, but heard that its made in china now. Not that the chinese make crap (walmart) but it might have affected the quality with the move.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVC-Ed View Post
    We are shipping orders in 1-2 days, there have been no reported problems of anything

"Shaping the connection between Art and Agricullture"
    www.Locallygrownart.com
    www.carolinabiofuels.org

Blog Entries

i used to use pyrex w/o problem but i think they've since changed ownership, maybe they changed the glass. did anything else change beside the clear? maybe the kiln?
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

I quite useing corning because there quality went to shit it the past 5 years not only with compatability but I got a whole case of tube's with air bubble line 's down the whole tube .so every piece I made had a big airbubble I had to pop and fill back in with clear .I switch to Kimble and I love it .Aspecially because it is made in the U.S.A. And I try to always use american made stock . The only thing I use that is imported is colored tubing.Corning is imported and I think that is why the quality went down hill .