The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Barter Fair Dates Confirmed!!!!!!!

Default Barter Fair Dates Confirmed!!!!!!!

Plan to attend Barter Fair October 19th through 21st, Tonasket, WA for the

First Annual Tonasket Barter Fair Flame Off Event

No Reservation Camping

First come first serve $40.00

Booth space

12' - $50

24' - $100

Contact the event coordinator at the Tonasket Family Barter Fair for the vendor space. Request the location by the drum circle so we can be in the same area.

Looking for sponsors and judges, please post some recommendations or email me.

Please let me know if you are participating and in what category for the contest.

I need to finalize the list by October 1 for the sponsors and judges.

Thanks all.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Barter Fair Dates Confirmed!!!!!!!

what are the categories? time restrictions? what kind of prepwork is allowed?

thx
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

love to come but i live in canada, they wont let me in with pipes..

The categories are marbles, pendants, and jars. Some prep is allowed and the use of my small kiln will be available. I am currently building a bench for two people to work off of at the same time.

The only time constraint in place at this time are the registration deadline of October 1st. There will be one event each day beginning with pendants. Vendors must arrive after noon the 18th and no entrance will be allowed before then.

Still looking for judges. They may place time restrictions to overall amount of time on the torch for each participant.

does anybody wanna share a booth? i dont know if i have 12 feet of glass right now..

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyGlass View Post
    does anybody wanna share a booth? i dont know if i have 12 feet of glass right now..

well you better get to work! lol

i still dont see any confirmed dates but most likely it will be that weekend http://www.okanoganfamilyfaire.com/
    "Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you." Bill Hicks

I throw my hands up in disgust. Below are a couple of emails I have received about the Barterfaire event. I have no idea if the fair will take place. You decide. As far as the flame off event, they need to get it together by Oct. 1 or it will not happen there.

Howdy fair goers!..The Santa fair was an absolulute
    blast by all who attended........
    ...well, the news on the Tonasket fair is no news....yes that's right...they are saying "it's all up in the air" (BS!!!!) in a vain attempt
    to discourage the general public who has created
    so much abundance for the community of Tonasket,
    they (in their infinite wisdom) will want to thank you all by sandbagging
    until they either cancel or announce the
    event at the last minute (literally) and all(so they think) to reduce attendance...(they've gotta be high or something!). i'm still stickin with the third weekend of October but don't lean on that too heavy as they might change that just to spite me (ya never know)..I really don't know what to say anymore, (personally) about whatever they do. the best advice I can give you all is to go to these smaller fairs and keep them alive as there are only three fairs I'm aware of left to attend this season
    (listed below)......I have a hunch one of them is going to become the next big thing (Montana mabye?) I wish I had more fairs to list for you but
    I generally don't
    advertise other events that are not barter fairs.
    .have a great season folks.........I love you all....

Cheers,

Ed-I

editorialise many different events around a 5 state area and am not an official

spokesperson for Tonasket I get so many emails that I can't answer all questions

in just a couple of days or weeks.

At Tonasket as most all the rest of the fairs it is FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

NO RESERVATIONS Most all info on the details of your stay

at the fair must be answered at the gate as the people are not organized enough

do that before hand. any other queries can be aimed at http://www.barterfair.org

have a great rest of the season folks.....Ed-I
    ================================================== ==============

All My Best, ................Edward B Grant Esq. ................http://www.barterfair.org

Sounds like "someone" thinks its going to be too big / rowdy, so they don't want to advertise it. Sound like a good way to discourage spunions and drunk idiots from coming.
    Respect is earned.

I leave it to you folks...do you want to contiUK.MySpace.com | Help | SignOut International

MySpace | People | Web | Music | Blogs | Video | Events | Groups
    Film | Classifieds

Home | Browse | Search | Invite | Film | Mail | Blog | Favourites | Forum | Groups | Events | Videos | Music | Comedy | Classifieds

«Back to Bulletin Board
    Read Bulletin Show All Bulletins This User Has Posted

User has been banned

Date: 19 Sep 2007 11:26
    Subject: 2007 Faire Dates, Gate Hours, Ticket Prices
    Body: 2007 Faire Dates, Gate Hours, Ticket Prices
    updated 9/18/07

This year we just won't allow anyone up the road to any part of our land before the Faire opens Friday.

If you have volunteer business beforehand you'll need written confirmation of that through the coordininators and/or board (click to email), not a verbal agreement, or someone saying you'll be "on a list at the gate"--there's no list this year. We'll need lots of 'just show up' volunteers after Friday morning, but we'll have our pre-faire crew lined up with written passes.

Vendors paying for booth space in the Circle get early entry after noon on Thursday to set up so they are ready for the Friday opening, but that's it. No vendors on Wednesday, no non-vendors on Thursday.

Everyone wants to get a head start or a "good booth/camp site"; wants to get a long drive out of the way and rest up before the Faire starts; or wants to avoid the line at the gate. These are not reasons to show up early.
    (On the other end of things, the Faire closes at 5pm Sunday and anyone not out by dark is on the Monday cleanup crew!)

We need people to respect our dates, gate hours, and participation policies and understand that we only have staff, sanitation, agreements with our community, and county permits for a weekend event.

There will be more information posted at this site, in Tonasket at the Co-op and the gas stations, and along Highway 20 during the Faire about off-site public campgrounds and the status of the Gate (should we need to change hours or close the Faire due to reaching capacity.)

Gate closure due to over-crowding is always a possibility, and cell phones don't work on our mountain--remember that when planning a ride home with someone arriving after you. Once you're in you cannot leave and re-enter without paying again (even with proof of payment, because we need to limit Gate traffic.)

2007 GATE HOURS

# Thursday, October 18 VENDORS ONLY 12 noon to ?
    (we'll keep it going after dark as long as we feel it is safe to do so)

# Friday, October 19 more Vendors, Non-Vending Campers, and Day Pass (good until dusk) 8am-6pm
    (We'll keep admitting campers after 6pm/dusk if it feels safe to keep moving people into camp spots.)

# Saturday, October 20 Campers and Day Pass (good until dusk) 8am-4pm
    (no campers admitted after 4pm)

# Sunday, October 21 Day Pass (good until 5pm) 8am-12noon
    (The Family Faire closes at 5pm.)

# We ask people not to repost/talk about our dates in isolation; please link to this page http://www.purewater.org/OFFtickets.html instead, so people see about changes and policies for getting in, not just the dates. (We don't want people showing up with a dog or when the gate is closed and being disappointed we're not making exceptions to the rules this year.)

TICKET PRICES available at the Gate, no advance tix

# NEW in '07 you will be given proof of payment, and you need to keep this on you at all times. If you lose it you'll likely need to pay again or leave the Faire.

# NEW in '07 Volunteers will need to pay to enter, and then be re-imbursed after their shift.

# An adult weekend camping pass (age 18 and older) is $40.00. This is the cost for non-vending campers as well as additional vendors (see Vendor Info for Trading Circle fees), purchased any time during the weekend (no discount on Saturday.)

# An adult Day Pass is $10.00 and is good until dusk of the day purchased. Day Pass cars still in our parking lot after dark will be towed.

# With proof of age and adult supervision, children up to age 17 enter FREE.

# Seniors age 70+ enter at half price ($20 Camping Pass, $5 Day Pass, good until dusk.)

# There are no dogs permitted at all this year, except for documented Service Animals (Guide Dogs), which must be leashed and with owner at all times; Service Animals enter free.

Peace, Love, & Respect rule this place...

Those asked to leave for not following Faire policies or requests from our staff will not be refunded or re-admitted in '07. Illegal activity could lead to arrest--we will not tolerate the disrespect. We believe everyone is able to follow our requests; if you are unwilling to respect us please don't attend our gathering.

ALL MINORS (under age 18) MUST BE ACCOMPANIED by a parent, or by a responsible guardian 'old enough to be their parent'. (For example, a 19 yr-old chaperoning some 16-yr-olds is not ok.)

While we have wonderful music and entertainment at our Stage after dark until about 11pm, we are primarily a family trading gathering, not a concert or a rave. Therefore we have no evening passes for sale, and Day Pass holders are asked to leave by sundown, making the evening events for the weekend camping and vending community.

~We love you all and thank you~

About | FAQ | Terms | Privacy | Safety Tips | Contact MySpace | Advertise | Jobs | MySpace International

©2003-2007 MySpace. All Rights Reserved. nue? I'm just about frazzled here
    Last edited by Galaxie Glass; 09-19-2007 at 01:22 PM.

??? so whats up?
    Respect is earned.

The event is ON and the dates have been confirmed as well as Bob Snodgras will be doing a demo on his fumed skull marble....
    Anyone wanting to share booth space please hit me up here......I'm going to have a 12' at this point and would up-grade to a larger space if you are willing to work / share the space and cost..?