The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TMP forum badges and what they mean.

Naughty TMP forum badges and what they mean.

Have you noticed the awesome forum badges floating around? Pretty bad ass eh! You get them by contributing to our forum in some way. Here they are, what they mean and how you earn them.

TMP supporter badge! You earn this when you donate cash, glass, or glass related items to the forum which is probably the quickest way to get a badge around here. If you want to donate and earn one so you can be cool too, click on the "make a donation" link at the bottom of the page or PM me for an address to send a check or glass. It also means you have more picture and Pm space on your account for being a supporter! Thanks!

This is the uber stylie ninja badge, which is a little harder to earn. Requirements are high rep points (not telling you how high ) consistently helpful posts (like looking up info for someone, or helping them with a glass problem) and you must win over the forum population enough to be nominated for this badge and voted in.

This is the graphics designer badge, which you earn by volunteering your photoshop/graphics skills and time to help us with forum projects...like these badges. If you have time and skills, this is one way to earn a fancy badge, fame, fortune, and immortality. ok, not really.

The vendor badge, which you need in order to post in the vendors forums. More info here. If you have a vendor badge you should also have a supporter badge as we do not charge for advertising your products here. This is our good faith pay it forward system!

AGI badge, which currently you receive for attending AGI. We now have one for each year! Starting in 2013, AGI badges also have the year you attended and accumulate for the cool kids who go back year after year.

AAGI badge, which you earn by donating to their annual event. More info here.

Facebook crossover badge, which you earn by posting your glass for sale here and in our facebook group simultaneously 6 or more times.

TMP's Random Act of Glass Kidness badge, which you earn by participating in our RAOGK project. Check out the RAOGK subforum here.

This badge is for library members. I think that's self explanatory. (Library is currently undergoing changes and is closed.)

The birthday queen badge. There's only one girl special enough to wear this! She earned it by creating warm birthday wishes for many of our members for many years. Thank you, glassdocnc! You ROCK!

The infamous Nomad. Spot him if you can!

Bead Lady Mafia badge. Only the BLM knows how to earn this one.

The Wiki badge, you get this when you contribute to the TMP wiki by writing an article or possibly working as an editor. If you want to work on the wiki and get a cool badge too, you can find the link at the top in the center or by clicking here. You must be logged in to view and use the wiki. (Wiki is currently closed awaiting upgrades)

These last two are staff badges, which you wear if you help work on the forum.

This is the staff member badge, otherwise known as forum moderators. These are the people you ask for help when you need help with your posts, images, need a post deleted or have a problem and such. They are here to make your forum experience better.

This is the admin badge. You can contact one of us if something is broken on the forum, you are having technical difficulties that the forum help area can't answer for you, or you have an idea to improve the forum and such.

So go out there and do something fancy and you'll have your very own badge of support. Thanks to all of he supporters out there, you all help keep this forum going in one way or another.
    Last edited by PyroChixRock; 05-28-2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: adding new badges
    ~Misha

Default Re: New forum badges and what they mean.

w00t! first post!
    Use as directed

yeehaa, badges!

Smart as a carrot.
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

PLEASE BE AWARE!!

I'm having some issues with the ninja badge and some of you that have it now might not have it later. Sorry about this, trying to get the kinks worked out asap.
    ~Misha

No worries Misha some folks have way more Ninjaness than I ever will, he said with sincere humility, and I can understand if they start crying about someone as useless as I being decorated with such an esteemed honour.
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

leet

Wooot woooooot!!! Suddenly, I have deadly ninja weapon!

We don't need no stinkin' badgers.
    E

WEEEEEEEEEEEE me tooo the first ninja on wheels heheh how did i get that, better get to walmart and buy a mask and bathrobe

Seriously though, when do I get my sword and throwing stars? I have glass nunchucka... this might seriously help my problem with the samurai raids happening all over my town.

At last the army of Ninjas is complete!

REP to prima and misha for the badges and new features in the works!!

i'm gone for a day and look what happens.

Great Job!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroChixRock View Post
    PLEASE BE AWARE!!

I'm having some issues with the ninja badge and some of you that have it now might not have it later. Sorry about this, trying to get the kinks worked out asap.
    Yeah i was wondering why I would have that merit badge. I dont know any special moves or anything. I cant even double blown a spoon or triple thick a marble. I guess I do know one roll but its not very graceful and it makes me dizzy. Well its fun to pretend for a while that I am deserving. Hey I think I do deserve a badge for "Hard Worker" or maybe just "Good Try"

nickglassdood Lurker

dont take my nija bAdge

The donated glass, you want raw or worked . I mentioned this in another thread before I saw this one . What about an annual donated glass auction . If it was arranged for a certain # of days or ... then you may collect a good little chunk , as people could see and hear about it along with prepare . For many cash is harder to get rid of than work or materials .

an annuall gig would also be nice to pay for the forum , I think its a year long term ( or 6 mon?) . You could easily arrange it to be done right before the forum $ is due.

badges i dont need no stinkin badges

I'll be glad to do whatever I need to do to get the grafx badge. That's what I do for a living, after all. Just let me know if you need my help...

I should have a wiki badge...

Go to sleep and wake up a Ninja... hehehe. Wonder if DH noticed.
    Julz

"Free Your Mind, and Your Glass Will Follow"

wow that was fast. They look great.