The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1738

Thread: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Default Re: Rollcall

Aloha from the windward side of Oahu Hawaii! Name is Alan aka Hoku!
    Been hot working glass for about 4 years, started with soft glass and now work boro also.
    Burning on a Nortel Mega Red Max and a GTT Scorpion and a Smith mini.
    Using 3 oxy cons and an O2 Tank back up.
    Making jewelry and some pipes.

Default Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Name is Kyle. Raised in Alabama, grew up in Northern Cali, now in the Lehigh Valley in Pa... extreme newbie! ready to learn and learn some more

Kyle, if you goto buy anything you may want to look at Wale Apparatus for your things to buy.
    You can drive there, they are in Hellertown.
    http://www.waleapparatus.com/
    I'm up in the poconos.
    Good luck with your learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Kyle, if you goto buy anything you may want to look at Wale Apparatus for your things to buy.
    You can drive there, they are in Hellertown.
    http://www.waleapparatus.com/
    I'm up in the poconos.
    Good luck with your learning.
    Yeah I cruised by there already! I am trying to get a house in Wind Gap. Stay in touch

Default Re: Rollcall

Howdy! I'm Chockarock. Southern Pennsylvania is where I call home, Just started blowing recently.

My name is Kaz. I was born in Texas, moved around a bit and back here now. I have been admiring everything glass related for several years, however I am a complete noob when it comes to working with glass. But hey, I'm going learn!

Jason aka jason Rookie on the torch but i can pull stringers!

eeegadds
    Northeast ohio

SpaceSlug behind the torch since July '14 thanks for all of the info and support!

Hello everyone!

I started to look into the art of glass blowing by videos on YouTube. I'm very interested to learn to work on the torch.

I live in Brazil and here i didn't find many suppliers, probably i'll import almost everything.

Never made a single piece, never saw on live someone doing a piece.. the only torch i had and used is for my dabs. Still looking for a place in home to start and reading a lot to understand this world.

hey everybody, im Foster, living and lamping in anchorage alaska, been full time on the torch about 2 months, first got on the torch about 6 years ago and been obsessed since. Got a good teacher that I'm working with and just finished up my first case of chillums. thanks for all the help on here from everyone! PEACE.

Hey there ladies and gents. Smodmos here, better known as Rob. Michigan local! Detroit! Only a couple months on the torch, looking for a mentor! Studio space, lessons! Please contact me anytime 787-934-7014

Greetings

New to glass and new to this forum. I live and work in Northern California-live in the Central Valley but teach in the Bay Area. I teach middle school technology. We created a new program called "Maker Academy " where students are provided the opportunity to explore and work with all forms of technology-both new and old. I had a few students ask if we could incorporate glass blowing and my only response was "why not?" So I am here to learn, investigate and be able to turn around and teach my students the basics of working with glass. My only experience working with glass was on a glass lathe right after high school making glass ampules on a lathe that were filled with methane (they were used by customers for testing gas sniffers that the company made) It was hot, hard, unrewarding work and I had to make 2000 per day (that was quota).
    Anyway I am here to research materials and equipment (like many teachers we have very little budget), processes and techniques. Any advice or suggestions you could offer would be welcomed

Stephan Willner

Sik here, born and raised in Ohio. Spent little time in Texas while in the Army but back to Ohio now. Lot of down time as a medically retired vet and I used to be an extremely artistic person. Took every art class my school offered and then continued with independent studies in art after that. Sadly fell away from it right after and have not touched a pencil, brush, camera or anything in 10 years. Been wanting to get back into something, and that is when admiring a glass piece of mine it hit me. So starting my journey to learn a new form of art and see where I can take it. Welcome any advice.

Hello,
    After a life long love of glass art, my life finally is ready to take on this awesome hobby. Will be moving to Colorado within the next couple of months so gonna start ion a hothead and slowly but equipment to be ready for boro in the near future future. Been lurking for a few weeks so thought it time to say hi... HI!!!

Howdy y'all. I'm not a new member, I just haven't been around here is a while so....

Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Bob, been melting since 1999.

Hello glass community!

My name is Adam. My brother Aaron and I have started a company called Molten Aura Labs in Asheville, NC. We are making brand new colors for the boro world.
    Over the past several years we've watched the borosilicate glass scene grow, and we've seen the palette grow along with it. More and more shops are opening up making rods and tubes of existing colors, layered tubing, and experimenting with mixing colors to make new hybrid hues. And we're even starting to see a few new color producers pop up here and there. Meanwhile, we've been quietly toiling away in our lab developing some formulas of our own.

These colors are completely custom made, not re-melted color from other manufacturers. Each batch is tested and carefully inspected before getting added to our stock.

We have a website/online store where you can find more information about us and our glass.

http://www.moltenaura.com

In addition to our website, we will be posting to instagram, pinterest, facebook, and on this forum, so you should be hearing more from us in the coming months as we gradually build our selection of colors.

Many of our colors are on sale right now.
    Our first few colors are:

Dabsinthe:

Dabsinthe is a beautiful transparent emerald green color. Much more intense and slightly more blue-ish than other transparent greens on the market. We kept the color saturated so it will still look nice when blown thin. Layering over clear is recommended for thick applications, unless you want a very dark green look.

http://moltenaura.com/product/dabsinthe/

Deja Blue:

Yes, another cobalt blue… However, Deja Blue is a bit different. This translucent color resides somewhere between Brilliant Blue and Blue Cheese, both in color and in transparency. We wanted a cobalt blue that didn’t get too dark when used thick, but retained it’s saturation.

http://moltenaura.com/product/deja-blue/