The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Default Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine View Post
    ) know robin, dhrd fraking hot, and a FREAK in the sac
    Dwaine, you are always such a sweet talker, except in the sack, all that crying for mommy is a tad weird.

Passing the Gential Germ around N.C. for over 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Green Eye View Post
    Dwaine, you are always such a sweet talker, except in the sack, all that crying for mommy is a tad weird.
    hey you have your fetish, I have mine

Hey All,
    My name is Michael aka Bar. Hailing from Eugene, Or. Been on the torch since '01. Most of my Life after Torch has been spent on production. Am now finally in my shed/shop and feelin my oats. I want to personally thank all who have came before me for laying the foundation I am about to build on. May the Glass Gods always smile on you.
    Namaste

Cool Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Genuine newbie greenhorn here! My name is Mike Geurin. I hail from Roswell, N.M. I am The Culligan Man/ Plumber for the last 19 years. Been into soft glass for about a month and this hobby is worse than crack! I have been into flying model airplanes and helicopters for the past 17 years. My loving wife got me hooked on this glass flameworking stuff. I must say " I LOVE IT!" Looking forward to reading here alot and learning as much as my brain will hold. Great site.

I'm nate carter from spokane wa, you may know me as a burnout, mentally broken down nervous wreck with an undying obsession that is borosilicate. I've been blowing glass for 11 months now, After 2 months I felt like I needed some help so I went to Eugene and spent a few days with poppa Snod, In those few days I learned some skills that serve as a VERY solid foundation, learning how to control my torch and how to move glass around was far more important than learning whoopy-do's and bitch windows....upon arriving home I immediately shut myself away from the world, shot the woman into space, ate my kids, killed all my friends and locked myself in the shop. The rest as they say, is history.......

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal19653_Nate_Carter.asp

I'm off to lick my reballs. peace.
    Being unbefuckingleviably brilliant has its downside. Insanity.
    boooyakah@! nate c.

Hey Nate, check out this thread you got a vote for someones favorite GP artist!

http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11931

Hi all, I'm Brandon, 26, been blowing for ten years this october and happier than a pig in shit about it.

nickglassdood Lurker

brandon in b0ston?>

Hello, we have been working with boro about a month and a half. We are makeng sliders and down stems, spoons, chillums, and a few sidecar steamers. We would like to meet some other blowers in texas and or take some lessons. thanks for all the info.

Steve

whats up I'm a boro worker mostly but have been doing soft glass for longer. i'm really into art in all forms I tattoo as well as paint and so on . Glass is my newest thing and by far the most challenging'

The name's Tyler Axt, though my friends call me Doug (long story).
    I'm from Longview, WA.
    I started glassblowing for my senior project in March of '07.
    Since then I have happily surrendered my social life to the glass gods.

Sinbad aka "Blair Sr"
    got my first lesson on the torch in 1975
    opened my first store in 1995 after
    coming back from "Kuwait" prior Military...

Cool Hello from ArtGlass104

Hi from another newbie - my name is Linda! My husband and I have been collecting glass for about the last 20 years (he gave up rocks for glass) until we now have a massive amount of glass. He collects about 500 pounds + per month from various studios. We have kept the glass from different studios seperate to keep it consistent. About 80% of the glass is 104 soft glass. We have been going through it and smashing it into frits and collets for the glass artists. To see examples of this glass in use visit our website RecycledArtGlass.com.

We are not running a hot shop at this time even though he would like to be. He was a weekend glass instructor with a studio. We moved back to the mountains and he took all his glass with him making small hills in the mountains and a lot of it is most likely to become a part of the landscape. He has collected some serious art glass from studios who have their art glass works in the Smithsonian.

We are looking for help from artists who would like to try our Recycled Art Glass in their warm and hot glass projects - especially artisan using 104 coe. We will be offering the best deals we can to members of this forum. Please email us and introduce yourself.

I stay busy crushing and screening glass, usually supplying local artists throughout the San Francisco and Monterey Bay Areas - San Jose, CA included. For the last 15 years at the local craft markets I'm known as the "Glass Lady" selling art glass in every shape from fused glass rounds to blown vases to the fun stuff from blowers - the odd balls - spin offs and blow tests. I have been asked by other vendors at new markets what I'm selling and I usually answer - broken glass - and they are astonished by the number of people who shop for just that "broken glass" and look for me at the markets. The glass has been used in everything from zen sand raked in zen boxes to hot shops to masonary aggregate and garden aggregate. While doing this we have kept the cleanest and the best of the glass to the side to be used by glass artists.

We don't hoard the glass and enjoy sharing it with other glass artists who simply want to play or test it or try it out in their art by giving it away free samples on the website RecycledArtGlass.com.

I'm excited to be part of this forum as I think it will be an outlet for our Recycled Art Glass to other glass artists. I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done by different artists with this glass.

This is my introduction to my strange world of art glass recycling. About all we talk about is GLASS, glass, glass and cats. Need a kitten?????

Nice to meet you folks!
    Linda

O O Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Lewis Flameworks aka Craig Lewis

26 yrs Austin,TX Born n raised and still reside!

And Yes It's HOT !!!!! All the time..... need a.....safety break

Been blowing and going full time since '01

attended AGI this year and it was Awesome Baby!! Can't wait for next year!
    Thanks Tom and Elaine - you guys Rock!

This is my first post so hopefully more to come.

Welcome to the board Craig! Nice to see you here finally!

Agi was da bomb, wasn't it?
    Julz

"Free Your Mind, and Your Glass Will Follow"

Hello i'm new here but not so new to the glass. I've been blowing since been blowing since been...about 8 years.t. So i'm from Texas...like these other guys said above me it's hot hot hot...I work outside usually so no AC shop for me...it might be time to fix that? Anyways thats about all of my intro.

Ber
    Last edited by Berferker; 09-26-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Berhooha. . . where you been
    I think that liquid tank you were renting here is still out behind the shed
    -B

Oh shit really? I hope that wasn't in my name...with my luck it probably was damn thats been there for like 6-7 years if so. You would think the company would know where they sent it and come to look for it and not leave it up to some flake glassmakers.

Ber

My name is Paul B. I live in Springfield, MA. I am recently getting back to glass working after a 2 year hiatus. I am getting the skills back and hoping to improve every day. My focus is marbles, marbles marbles. how to make em bigger, better, rounder and sicker......nothing quite like spinning that glowing orange glob, and having it come out how you "thought it would." I've been glass blowing about 10 years at this point.

I like writing, music, playing music, Live Music (Ghoti, Dead, Drunk Stuntmen, Wilco, Hank III)

I am a single Dad

"you can turn your back on a person, but never Turn your back on a drug."
    Hunter S. Thompson

jewelry-fan here, aka Maraya. Hello, guys.