The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Default Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

hey all. finally actually registered to the community after lurking for awhile....
    i've been at the glass game about a year now. me and my "boss" do the usual prodo-work, and are already showing signs of stagnation (but i guess that's what prodo is eh? wrap-n-rake, i/o, colored tubing..)..hopefully browsing the forums more regularly (instead of playing WoW every spare minute) will help give me some new ideas. want to keep developing my skills by learning new techniques.

I think this might be my first post... I thought since I was actually blowing glass now that I deserved to finally call myself an actual lampworker/glassblower.. glass artist... I dunno what is actually the most politically correct term- I just have fun, and make a little dough. So it's AG. Hope to learn alot from as many as I can. I've met some of you personally, and I have to say, that we are some of the coolest laid back people that I have met in a long time. Hope to meet more of you in the future. =) Gypsy

Muaz Lurker

Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Well I'm mike From racine/menomonie Wisconsin, totally new at lampwork. Still working on my set up.

Dalton-seattle/puget sound area, humbled.
    Last edited by grasshopper; 12-20-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Ben a.k.a. Benski been blowing for about two weeks now, iust a lowly apprentice, but completely hooked none the less.

Ben aka... Benski aka... ski
    On the torch for about two weeks now, just doing small spoons, but I'm completely hooked already.
    Oh yeah, I'm 22 and run the pipe room for a local shop by day.

Blog Entries

welcome!
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

Hi all, Im Brand new to this site and not sure where this post should go, and new to the lampworking field, with just little experience in soft glass, which was great. Now im awaiting tools and glass supply ups says this wednsday Except no kiln yet. they say they have to make it, now im scared from reading this forum for the past couple days, well if i have to i will cancel and atleast get a decent, better kiln sooner. ive been reading about sundance, who i hope is not as bad as i hear, they where the first to come up in google. if anyone can tell me where to post or help a new lampworker get started, im awaiting the 420xtreme kit plus alot of glass tube + rod and momka, alchemy, and northstar sample sets to get started plus all the reccomended books and videos. and i really hope that ordering from them, alot of glass a redmax torch and a hg6b9 kiln with a paragon digital controller wasnt a huge mistake especially for what I need the kiln for, thanks for listening.

"if anyone can tell me where to post or help a new lampworker get started"

.... search button

what a 420xtreme kit? sounds intense.....

yes, Welcome one and all...................
    d.scottland Mc.Fowl. Lone Pine Glass works

HAVING A HERO MAKES YOU SOME ONES BITCH...

Cory (AKA) Condor, Age 44 At the torch 3 1/2 years give or take. Lovein it! Plan on doing this tell I die or even longer!

^ hah hah good one, you're gonna be right at home here :-)
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

Super lurking for a while, figured it was time to post. I have been on the torch for almost eleven years now. Been piping the whole time and doing scientific as well for the last 5 years. Pretty much a complete autodidact working in isolation outside of the laboratory scene. I recently moved to central NY (Ithaca area) and have reignited my interest for the medium. This forum has been an invaluable asset in my quest to broaden my horizons. Thanks to all of you.

Blog Entries

welcome to the board, sounds like you have a lot to offer.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

Yo Yall got a new place and now problems now, Ill be back sooon YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic.
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

TOmmy ,,,,, Still in highschool. hahahahahah,,,,,, been workin with glass for 2 years,,,,,North carolina^^
    SKITZO GLASS is BeAsT!!

Wink Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

ChrisP Sonoma county,CA by way of Pennsyltucky
    Been interested in glass art for a long time,just recently got the pleasure & oppurtunity to work with glass & set up a small flameworking studio at the pad. I've become quickly addicted to working glass & there is no other medium like it,it's truly 'alive' in a sense.Career wise, I'm a landscape gardener by day & a musician/artist by night. Thanks to Revere Glass for my first glass experience,
    I gotta get back down there & take some more classes,but moneys tight in the rainy season & that East bay traffic sucks! Going back to PA this X-mas to see some family & getting the oppurtunity to do some funace work with a friend so I'm really stoked about that.
    Just wan't to say that this board is a great little artistic community! I've never met so many enthusiastic artists that are willing to share & help out complete strangers. You guys are the best. See ya around

hey everyone, Darryl here aka Dirty. Holding down the fort in Ashevegas NC, been around selling glass a while but actually lampworking for about 2 years now. Went to AGI this year; it was great and I hopefully will return. I'm 33 and been breaking glass since 1974. getting more addicted to glass everyday and loving it. I've been in the shadows here just observing for a while but finally feel in a good enough place to start really posting and putting myself out there. I owe a lot to my fellow Asheville blowers and all of you. Thanks for this great place to melt together!