The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Default Re: Rollcall

John, from Toledo, OH. Been playing around with lampwork for 4 years, my current passion is offhand work... 2 years at the furnace now. And I'm intrigued by boro.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.

Neil LaSarte, 29, currently residing in central OR. Formerly Neil113 on the old board, time for a new name that is a little more awesome! Torching for almost 3 years, wow time flies. I've been focused on mainly solid stuff until recently, right now I'm all over the place. I work 2 jobs and work glass about 20 hours a week. You can see my very rookie website at www(dot)euphoriaglassf<dotcom>. I know it needs fixing, but thanks for looking

kris
    dad by day, pyro by night. just entered 2 year mark.
    quad cities iowa

Im J.T. im 17 and live in Ann arbor Michigan, 1 and a half years torch time.

eric, 24, Atlanta

started with soft classes, soon as I could moved to boro.

been at it 2 months on my carlise

great to see two others from hotlanta

Matt, 23, PA

Started with what most other boro guys started on. Have moved on art glass as best as I can. Busy is my life, so I only get to blow rarely.

3+ years give or take...

Rattshak

I'm Kelly, been on the torch five years (soft glass, boro only a year).... sr. tech writer by day....live in Michigan.

I bet your beads are hot

Well being in a perpetual state of safety break ... i'm not sure if i sounded off or not.... Bill Houghtaling 39, New Paltz NY been on the torch 5 years on and off (perpetual safety break and all) also occasionally work in the construction trades....

My name is Anita P and I'm a glassoholic. Working at the torch now for 7 years, boro for the last 3 years, and *yes, I admit it* I am a bead weenie!!!
    I live in Jackson, Michigan.

Well I'm back. Ross, 32, 6 1/2 years on the torch . My shop is in hot hot Montreal.
    I like the new board.

Hey Ross! Welcome back.....good to see ya. If it's too hot in Montreal, why don't you come west??

Peace,
    Suzee

i'm Chris A., 36, from melbourne australia, and i've been making love to glass since 1990. a few years ago i finished my master of fine arts and finally my sh*t is coming together. i started out in scientific glass, but it did my head in after a repetetive 2 years and i went to work in a bar serving drinks for a while. however, what i learned during that time has proven invaluable, and i recommend learning from a sci-blower if you can. while at university i also did 7 years of furnace blowing ... something else i recommend to every flameworker i meet ... to do a stint in the hotshop.
    here's a page i usually direct people to, and use until i get mine proper one set up. some of the work is in progress, etc ... i do what i can to update the images, but usually it's a little out of date

www.angelfire.com/theforce/cearn1

yo, names sam.... just gettin on to the new board... guess im a bit of a slacker, old name was QuantumQ lil name change to spice things up a bit.... been blowin for 3 years now, a few breaks to snowboard hear and there. worked mostly in CT, a little in ithaca NY, and soon to be in south cali (of all places) anyway, just checkin in..... got some old work up glasspipes.org under quantum ...*present*

St. Pete Florida representing!!!!
    28, seems like I've been at it forever, still lampin, surfn, and teaching at Eckerd College

Much support goes out to all glass artists and workers keeping it real, most of you dont even know you are.
    Paul , im 22 living and working 30 minutes south of chicago in Utopia
    Been doing this for almost 4 years now, I enjoy Adventuring, being human, and loving life

drew outta detroit- been blowing since '96. man i have a ton of shout outs to all those people out there pushing the fore front of the most progrssive underground functional artwork available on this planet as well as many others....... i am fortunate to have fallen into such good company...

Hey everyone.... my name is Leslie. I am in Traverse City, MI. I came through the ranks from doing fused glass to doing soft glass beads. Now I pretty much just work in boro. I make pendants and beads still to make money, but I am working on my blowing skills to do more bottles, vases, and goblets.

Glen G.
    Bead shop owner in Gatlinburg, Tn. Torchin for 2.5 yrs. great board, lotsa info!

Hey everyone. My Name's Ed and I blow glass in Chicago. I've only been a glassblower for 2 years. So, I'm still learning a lot. But, I try to get behind a torch whenever I can. It's soothing. Anyways, I just joined this board today.