The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1738

Thread: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Born and raised in growsville nj live In morrisville pa

Default Re: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Been behind the torch 4 years now and taking a break to build a new bigger studio not by choice a tree fell on my last one

Default Re: Rollcall

Good day! Aaron here from johannesburg South Africa.
    Printers Engineer by day and keen hobbyist the rest
    Of the time,or while the boss is out! Make knives mostly
    But looking into glass work as a new adventure! Glad to
    Have found this forum!

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Welcome Aaron! Glad to have you aboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

Welcome
    ~Misha

hey, my name is AJ and I'm 21. only been blowing glass for about two months. I'm opening a head shop here in fort wayne Indiana and am planning on setting up a demo area so I can practice all day while attending to the store and hookah lounge. I just got off heroin about a year ago and am looking for local glass blowers to learn from and chill with so if your around the fort, drop me a line.

Default Re: Rollcall

Greetings,

Glass blower for three full years. Working on a torch since February. I live in Columbus Ohio and I need a fucking kiln.

Hello all. John from Wyandotte south of Detroit here. I'm a Master carpenter. I've been doing stained glass and wood carving for 40 years. Branching out into lamp working in my retirement. I wound up running the Physical plant for 2 state prisons so I became pretty expert in huge furnaces and wiring. Kept up the security systems also. More than happy to share any knowledge I can. Also, was an Air Force PJ back in the Vietnam era.

Hi John, welcome.

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila

Keith 23, Portland Or. Always wanted be a glass blower. Just started learning. Can't wait to get started.

Kevin here, 32 years old 4 hours behind the torch... I own a screen printing company and a wooden toy(kendama) company. I'm also a painter, my main medium is airbrush. I'm looking to buy my own setup currently but just got my first four hour lesson yesterday... I'm already hooked!
    Last edited by klack; 09-10-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typo

4 good hours will do that haha. We call that glass fever. Welcome and have fun!
    ~Misha

Default Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Michael, Hickory NC, been on the torch for maybe a little over 2 months and i wanna give a shout out to chewie for getting me into it and showing me the ropes he is definetly a big help. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi everyone!
    I'm completely new to any sort of forum, but I'm loving this one, it's very helpful! I'm Danielle, I'm only 16, and I've been taking glass lessons for about five months now. I want to save up for a torch though, gotta get a job I've fallen head over heels with the art of glass! I'm still in school, so balancing everything is difficult. But it's nice being surrounded by other flame workers on here, and the ability to learn new things and receive feedback/help. 😊

Hi Everyone! We are The Boro School, Seattle's Premier FlameWorking School & Studio, owned by Nate Dizzle. We teach lampworking classes, sell boro supplies, and rent out space and equipment. I'm Brie, the manager of the school, and will be the one posting on the forum. You can check out our classes and other info about the Studio at www.theboroschool.com. We are hosting a huge glassblowing collab next month - Seattle PipeMasters Collab, Oct 15-25. We've got a killer line-up of artists and we hope to see many of you there. www.GlassPipeMasters.com

We'll be posting some information about the school and the Collab around the forum since we're just starting on here, so we apologize in advance if you get repeated information on another board!

Hi, I'm Laura aka Lowa.

I used to do lampwork beads for jewelry. I was just starting to dabble in glassblowing and leaning how to make pipes but I got married, had kids, and, well, "fell off the wagon". My husband is in the military so we're moving around all the time. Makes it difficult to really set up your own working space when you're bouncing around every 2 years. He's closing in on retirement (3 more years) and we're going to be able to plant our feet somewhere. I was a nurse but am now a sahm to my 6 lil monkeys, 14 to 3 months old! Looking into getting back into what was my favorite hobby and maybe expanding on it!

I've always been into crafting. Scrapbooking, quilting, crocheting, wood burning and painting, but nothing has taken hold of me like my old friend glass and I'm thinking about dipping my toes back into the pool.

Currently living near Ft. Hood, TX. (blah!) but Seattle is my hometown and where we'll likely settle down. Interested in talking to like minded people and possibly getting tips for setting up a home work-space that can easily be broken down and moved around the country. I'm sure I'm rusty, it's been a hot minute!

Thank you for allowing me onto your forum!

hi guys
    ~Misha

Hello TMP, I'm Stephen, 19y, Currently in Sacramento, CA. Fairly new to the torch, and currently studying & saving up for equipment. Stoked on finding such a high end networking/knowledge base, Greetings to you all, and apologies in advance for the potentialy dumb questions. - Aurum

Someone said glass fever!
    Hey all, I'm BrLuGaNo aka Oberone aka Stu, irl Sterling and I have glass fever!
    I am now researching the craft, trying to gather safe practices, equipment reviews and meet like minded folks.
    I live in Nova Scotia, Canada with my 15 year old daughter and better half with our 3 kids, 5, 3 and our 1 1/2 year old bruiser!
    Currently working as a carpenter, love working with my hands!
    I got the bug to get into this from watching redbeardglass.ca on pot tv! Just took me by surprise. I have never considered myself artistic, unless you count wire management for computers, I know I do! Just seeing the way you can work glass got me hooked!
    Now to setup a work area, get some gear and get at it!
    Great Web site! Looking forward to using it, alot!

Obe

That's cool Axis sent you this way. Thanks, Axis!

Welcome to the pot, Obe and Aurum
    ~Misha

hey everyone whaats up! im fairly new to the glassblowing game, i started in april this year and havent stopped since. i try to practice everyday that i can, although i just started school too so its taking up a bunch of time as well.. i am absolutely obsessed with glassblowing now and try to find as much info on the craft that is available; i scoured the internet for months in search of tutorials and techniques and books for any type of info i can, and cant believe i am just now finding this community. i am so glad to be a part of it and hope to share some of my progress pieces pretty soon. im really excited to start learning some new and advanced techniques from some awesome artists.

peace dudes,
    cbone