The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollcall - introduce yourself!

Default Re: Rollcall

Randy 25, Gangsta 4 life!!!!!!!!, im in the middle of the sticks manitoba canada.

burnout here, been w/glass 'bout 5 years now, A.K.A. pan

Naughty Re: Rollcall

Tim C. aka flamelove ........

I am a computer tech. a slave to the machine. I am 36.

What can I say I am just overcome by the siren song of the FLAME!!! I love all the works I have seen here and other places and I want to join the ranks of flameworkers. I have read everything I can get my hands on and have talked to a few people and have driven them nuts I am sure. Everyone has been great with their help and knowledge!! I am saving up some coin for my leap into the fantasy world of glass. I CAN'T wait! Until then I am just going to have to drool on my laptop and catalogs.
    Dance thy beautiful flame.... Dance the dance that puts me in a trance!

aka TFF,
    worked the torch for 6 mo. in 03 then my partner had troubles with the law and ran. with most the tools so picked up a torch and went off and on justin dickin around. but now almost have a full shop setup and doing it exclusively, for the last two mo. i'm advancing pretty quick and i'l try to get some pics on soon so you can dog on them like you seem to do to all the newbies. thanks for all the tips you all deal out. this site is the shit, no others compare.

Shane here, 29, lampin for 3 years, worked in a few lampworking supply stores,i specialize in pendants and small headdies, bassically freelancing at the moment. Just got my first Large torch,spent my first three years on a national and a major/minor. I am in Santa Cruz California, I've blown glass in such exotic locales as Eugene OR @ current glassworks, Boulder colo @ pablisag and in my garage,holland mich, Pittsburgh PA(go stillurs) I am originally from Erie PA. uhmmm i have a dog whos the bomb, his name is bruticus, hes a pimp. i have gallerys on glasspipes,glassartists,and beadartists, under the name Sol. I do some stained glass dodecahedrons too. peace,this site is a godsend, best thing since sliced bread.

www.glassartists.org/sol
    www.glasspipes.org/sol

Nice Sol. So you know Todd!!!! LOL Did he tell you horror stories about Jonathan???? Jonathan is one of my best friends.

oh boy john.........u heard from him l8tly?
    all killa' no filla'

john madden melting glass for a year out of connecticuit, near springfield mass. still wroking with a minor which is about to shit the bed i think. waiting on my mirrage from arrow springs. anyone know when those are coming? just hope my torch dosent die before then

I talked to Jon Boy about 6 months ago. He's living in north seattle with his daughter and doing well. That guy is sooo freakin talented LOL. His patterning is nothing to write home about but I'd put his form up against ANYBODYS!!!!! Saw him do piece one time that had a freakin 18 way donut ball thing that was like nothing I've ever seen in my life. it was a hollow sphere that had 18 opposing donut holes all facing each other with a beautifully sculpted dragon fly setting on top of it! I wish he wasnt too technically retarded to operate a computer because he would be great with the group

Hey! i'm Kathleen, 29, and I've been at the torch for seven years. I'm from St. John's, Newfoundland, where I was the local glassblower fromm 99 to Jan 04, but I'm living now on Galiano Island, BC. My shop's in a concrete bunker that's half underground. I'm the single mother of Lorne who just began kindergarten before a teacher's strike (i'm missing the time!) and I support him with my molten creations. Glass has made my life and as long as I breathe, I'll blow! Peace to you all!

Matt Baker, behind the torch for 3.5 years, up in DA UP EH? (WAY up in the Upper Penisula of Michigan) but moving south soon.
    Peace

Flamebob- Aka moe. Working in glass only three months. Yep I'm a youngin'. Working in Pinellas Park florida and MISSOULA MT!!

Dirty Jason,29,STR8 off tha streets of tha LGC,WISCO blowin since 99.Tryin to find tha time to create but I gots tha baby-momma-drama.

Yo, Names Chris B been working the torch for two years. Im livin in stink city Albany Oregon. Currently trying to support myself in the competitive oregon market. Later all.

Phoenix, AZ...It only totally sucks sometimes, otherwise it's quite nice!

Christopher Robin here. 33 years old (how'd that happen?) Working glass for about five years. Been living in Phoenix for a couple years now. Transplanted from Orange County California (Laguna Beach area). Married to a wonderful woman that actually WANTS me to just stay at home and blow glass.....Rock on!

Wife's from Oregon and we love it there. I get all jealous when you "P-towners" talk about doing all sorts of "P-towny" stuff. We'll probably move there one day when they get an economy.

Dis bord is da koolist!

John Lindquist 24 year old glass sculptor for Maui Crystal in Lahaina Hi where the weather is beautiful and the women are too.

oh yeah i've been a glowing bass for about 4 years now

hiya!

Hi,
    Marilyn here from Colorado. New to this board, first post. Have had this glass addiction for about 2 years, been doing beads and a couple marbles with Moretti. Recently, I've been experimenting with boro, trying to do xmas orniments, also been messing with blown Moretti vessels (very cool). Thanks for the great info on this site. See ya 'round.

Flame on!

Ari Here. Aka Irie AKA Hebrew Hammer AKA Wondering Jew. Been Working Glass full-time for about 7 months and learning exponentially. Big thanks to JJ-JADE--NIK-QUATRO-KIND CREATIONS- THE WORM- BRANDON-NICK AWATA-DREW-JON-MARK- Andy in Chi-town and Dan Dagget. If there are any other glassblowers who have taught me a thing or tow that I forgot, thank you. I have been blessed to have some many teachers and so much support