The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

Default ABR Imagery Ya or Na

Well I thought I had seen a link to these guys on the links page but cant find it now. I was wondering what people's experiences were when buying from them. I have bought some seconds from them on ebay. they threw in glasstique in the discription even though it didn't apply. it was of no consequence to me but I did raise a eyebrow at the sales tactic. Now I placed a order with them and payed for 3day shipping. I got a email with a tracking number for a ground shipment. I will not recieve my order in time to take advantage of this weekend. Big deal to someone who works and only has after work and weekends to rock out with glass. Well I will admit I am a littled pissed so I tried to contact them threw their site to clear it up and get the difference in shipping refunded. No response as of yet. its only been a day so its still within a reasonable response time. It dawned on me to ask around here.(should of done it first in hindsight) I can understand the fact that mix ups happen and I am just sore cuz my time line got wrecking balled. Anyways now that you know the story of my last glass order, please give me a little feedback as far as if this is a common thing with this supplier or if I just had bad luck. Please dont turn this into a my supplier is better advertisement just give me your opinion on this one. thanks. oh yeah the weight of the box was about half of what was estimated when I checked out. I hope I dont get a late shipment that has a bunch of back orders or all the glowing reviews in the world wouldnt bring my business back their way. Rant over thanks

Default Re: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

won't order from them ever again, shit i think i even have a credit with them, fuck it

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the beginning but I've been sticking mostly with other folks the last 6-8 months. They're prices are ok, and if something is out of stock they actually called me to ask if I wanted to scratch it off or use a substitute. And when I almost ordered shade 6 lenses they called to ask if I really really wanted to do that (the answer was no). So they get so so points on the customer service, but I've gotten annoyed with the "we can't figure out shipping until later" kind of crap and selling glass tubing by the pound is kind of a crock. I mean it's a tube. Sell it by the f'ing tube, don't expect me to write you a blank check.
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

my last order from ABR,

because i speak french, the guys writting the shipping sticker was certainly too stoned, cauz he had my address from 3 different sources, CLEARY WRITTEN, and even if my address was clearly written in the paypal Pay up, into every email i sent to him AND in the confirmation for the order for my address in QUEBEC, CANADA THey sent the package to FRANCE in europe, and even with the wrong address and post code.... !!!! DAMN, after hell and hell, i received my package 6 MONTH LATERS, after it went back and forth two times between USA and FRANCE, until they finally redirect it to Canada..... UNBELIEVABLE...

really.... this was fucked up....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glass is a love affair !!!

Does the noise in my brain bother you ?

there a little slow , there prices can be beat , but some things they sell no one else has on hand it seams. they have had decent custemer service... and they dont mind calling in custom orders for you.

There ok if you find something that you cant get any where else. but theres other distributers i frequent for other reasons.

rob

yup the only plus side of ABR is you cant find many products that are otherwise rare to find... but still, i wonder if its worth the problems....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glass is a love affair !!!

Does the noise in my brain bother you ?

6 mois??? Mon Dieu - c'est fou. Quelle pile de merde de cheval! Avez-vous obtenu un remboursement?

1. Never buy Dichro from them... That stuff ruined an expensive piece...
    I couldn't even use the scrap... Total waist of my time & money....

2. They messed up Sizes on me as well... I have credit with them and
    still wont order from em in the future...

I just ordered on Friday and got my box today. Pretty quick for ground as I live west coast. I won't order clear from them 'cause UST is a way better deal. But for misc tool etc.. the price is good. Color I buy direct from Glass Alchemy and NS color I usually get from Glasscraft or whoever has it on sale. Depends on what I am buying but usually I shop around alot.
    "Reason well from the beginning and then there will never be any need to look back with confusion and doubt."
    H. H. the Dalai Lama

My Glass

I agree ABR sucks ass. Wont order from there ever again.

I haven't ordered from Ross for about a year, but he does custom images from time to time which I can't get DA to do for me. I know people don't like the fact about him teaching the pipe trade thing and importing, but that doesn't affect me, and I understand why people feel the way they do about that.

Ross has never fucked up a color or thickness on me, but his help has, hes made it up by sending me a lot more and redoing the order, so people have their reasons. I agree with Rob's last statement

I would call them to sort out any problem rather than trying to do it though the internet. Also, as a side note, I love when tube is priced by the pound. I wish everyone did that. Why do it any other way? Its the easiest way to know what you are paying compared with other dealers.

I have been ordering from ABR for about a year. Ordering my personal glass and the inventory for our store (we have a wholesale account with them) and I have been nothing but happy with them. They match the prices my normal wholesaler gives me, and they get it to me a lot quicker and usually have everything I want in stock. I order once or twice a week from them, and the only problem I've had is one time I got some small frit when I ordered large, but considering how many orders I've placed with them that one mistake is not an issue.

The only other company that I've had as good service with is Mountain Glass Arts, but they won't charge me less than retail so I don't order from them unless it's something I have to have right away. I get stuff the next day from them if I order before 2 pm.

Based on my personal experience I wouldn't order from them again.
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

I order several times per year with them and have been happy. I always buy color tubing when it's on sale. Delivery is fast, stuff is packaged well. -dave

abr didnt send a tungsten push. air mailed it that afternoon. a small reamer wasnt wrapped properly it unrolled and hit the floor my fault. they sent a new one no charge. there 44x4mm chinese is 44X3. never gotten chinese that off in size(all of there 4mm is 3mm no variance) they sent me simax to replace it and they didnt want the chinese back. they say they changed the shipping address but the first one you ever give them is the one they try to ship it to every time. only d ophone oerders with call back order confirmation. if i could get scrap dichro somewhere else i would. scrap graphite too. now they have the color club 30% off all color for 100$ a year. and there set up fee for custom images is only 25$ free for 100 or more of said image. i order from generations free shipping on orders over 250, wale apparatus for pyrex and they really want your business, mountian glass they are nice, fast and have ust cheap. (is there anyone who will beat there price on ust) and winship for chinese clear, black, and cobalt. abr has issues but so far goes out of there way to make it better. but everyone else does too so i only use abr when i have to.

Really, nothing but good. Ross has been a stand up guy, and we have been using dicro from ABR for years with no probs. Sometimes things are forgotten or back ordered, but that's just reality- it happens.

THanks Ross from Craig and Luken down in the ATX

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja fire View Post
    1. Never buy Dichro from them... That stuff ruined an expensive piece...
    I couldn't even use the scrap... Total waist of my time & money....

2. They messed up Sizes on me as well... I have credit with them and
    still wont order from em in the future...
    If you burned out the dicro thats is your fault I use the sandberg all the time with no issues 1/16 1/8 doesn't matter it all works just fine .You may have to be nicer to it if it is 1/16 . Though i will say there laser cut images are not as clean as they should be .Abr has never screwed my orders up and has always been fairly fast at getting my orders out .One time an order took two weeks I called and talked directly to ross and he got it out and threw in some extra's for my trouble .I say ABR is a good company .If I was to complain about any company out there it would be winship hands down .They have the worst customer service of any one I have ever dealt with .There tools are janky .But every now and then they have a good deal on somthing and I order from them anyway knowing that something will be screwed up.
    Last edited by Skye Perry; 03-13-2008 at 10:22 AM.

That's too bad that some people feel they've gotten the shaft.

I've only had positive experiences with Ross at ABR.

Sinbad, you're just pissing on your own foot with that dichro complaint. I remember the first time I burned dichro too.

AND, the shipping issue mentioned before.... C'mon, haven't you ever worked anywhere that ships before?
    You have to have the complete order pulled, and in the box to weigh it to calculate shipping. At least tell me he offered to call you later, like he does EVERY time for me.

i've bought dichro from ABR and it was fine. i've ordered a great deal of stuff from ABR in recent months and for the most part everything went smoothly. They did ship to an old address and we went through that mess, took an extra month for me to get a lot of product but they did their part to resolve the issue.

i am a little bothered that the brilliant blue i bought from them was actually mixed with blue passion. also on most every order something is forgotten, but they're prices are good and they pack and ship very well. definitely call and anticipate having to call back about shipping the next day.

it sounds to me like most of the complaints in this thread could be said for any art-glass related company.