The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

Default Re: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

Nothing but good experiences with Ross.

Frankie Hess Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Skye Perry View Post
    If I was to complain about any company out there it would be winship hands down .They have the worst customer service of any one I have ever dealt with .There tools are janky .But every now and then they have a good deal on somthing and I order from them anyway knowing that something will be screwed up.
    I just had to chime in and agree 100% on this one, I won't go through winship for anything! They have jacked so many of my orders it's not even funny! Miss quoted torch prices and charged me $400 more than they said for exactly what I ordered even though I had specificly asked to make sure on the phone twice! Then when I got it they tell me I can send it back, what a pain in my ass, well they got it out me.400 bones

They are way over priced except a few things, good luck getting ANYTHING shipped quick. They flat out refused to overnight a $1600 order. When I called to check on my last order they had told me when it would be shipped and when it didn't arrive within the time it should have I called to find out what was going on and they had not even shipped it yet ( 4 days after they said it would be shipped, 6 days after I ordered it). They said that the l.a. store was closing and they got all their orders. Now don't get me wrong, I understand this delema, but I think they could have told me that when I put in my order instead of just saying we're really busy we'll ship it in 2 days and not doing it. Then when I call to find out what's going on they tell me about the l.a. store and still don't even know when they're going to ship it out. All it was, was a case of tubing, not hard to package and ship quick, and I had told them I needed this asap, if they would have been up front I could have gotten it somewhere else instead of having to come up short for my customers! GRRRRRR

Sorry about ranting in your thread but I had to get this out!

Blog Entries

i disagree, winship rocks. it was tough when the la store was messing up but the girls at the eugene store have never done me wrong and i use them for most everything. i can count the complaints i've heard about them on one hand. as for their tools, it's not like they make them or something, they're the same tools that are everywhere.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

I have only ordered from Winship twice, and had good service both times. One time was when I won a $1000 gift certificate from them for winning the Carlisle flame-off. They got everything sent out quickly. I ended up spending slightly more than $1000 on the order, but they didn't charge me the extra. The second time I ordered Glasstronics purple and they put it on sale a couple days later. I called them and they charged me the sale price, not the original price.

I would probably order more from them, but since I'm on the opposite side of the country it takes a while to get my stuff. Plus, I have to pay retail there so I tend to go through the people where I don't have to pay retail. But, if they had something I couldn't find elsewhere, I wouldn't think twice about ordering from them. One good thing they have going for them is that they actually show on their web site what is in stock and what isn't. A lot of places you don't find that out until after you order it.

yeah I like their in stock/out of stock system , only problem is everything I want is always in the out of stock. It does save me some headaches though.
    "If you are looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphilis"

Quote Originally Posted by mermonkey View Post
    i disagree, winship rocks. it was tough when the la store was messing up but the girls at the eugene store have never done me wrong and i use them for most everything. i can count the complaints i've heard about them on one hand. as for their tools, it's not like they make them or something, they're the same tools that are everywhere.
    Yea Im with mer, winship is awesome.

Winship all the way for me!

man not to sure about them anymore there ppl there dont know what the fu*& there talking about half the time and only person there with a clue seems to be ross and im upset it takes them so long to get there asian tubing in and there always outta stock on all kinds of stuff and i called to get a list of cartoon mellis and they acted like i was dubass and didnt know what i was talking about and told me they dont carry stuff like that bull.crap.thats all i got to say

I've dealt with ABR many times over the years and have always been quite happy with product & service, but then again...I always luck out and deal directly with Ross.

On bigger items, ie. generators etc...I've never bought one...but I think I'd be onto the manufacturer not the supplier...now if the supplier won't be your go between and help straighten a mess out, takes the attitude "I have your money, the balls in your court if you have a problem?", then yes I'd be mad as hell and the supplier and I would be done, you can best bet your glass stock on that.
    I am NOT the authority on anything/everything, but as old as I am... and given the mistakes I've made? I've got a jump on most as to what IS right and what WON'T work!! ~CWeaver 2006

Ross is a decent enough guy in my experience. He's a competent business man, and I like and respect that. I too am a little irked at the whole Glasstique thing, I feel it pushed things too far, but it's not my concern in the end.

Now that we're in the same game, we'll see how that works out :P

Anyone need an Unlimited Oxygen generator near Albuquerque? Ross is no longer your only source for those machines

-Doug
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Well I don't have any personally bad experiences with Ross, but I just read that other thread where i found out he went over seas and taught tricks to the sweatshop cmpetition which is an excommunicating offense imho.

I love MountainGlassArts.com They always send me free cds for the shop, and he plants a tree for every order over a hundrex bux, so I'm down with supporting that.

MountainGlass is the shit if your on the east coast. i just ordered two huge orders, one from mountainglass and one from "the other guys" won't drop names, but their in the same bucket. 25 LBS of color from the "other guys" and i got fucking ripped.
    Can anyone tell me what 30% off of 880 dollars worth of color is? It sure as fuck isn't 53 dollors. i ordered all firsts and a third of the color was bullshit odds passed as firsts.

Just out of curisioty did you contact the shop that overcharged you or didn't apply the discounts? It could have just been a clerical error. If they don't resolve it and you have proof of the discounts that should have been applied why not just dispute it with the credit card company?

One last thing 25 lbs of color at 880 is only 35 dollars a pound. Sounds like you are either buying chinese or some SERIOUS discounts were already applied.
    "If you are looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphilis"

he got all backwards. the service definately sucked. and so did the glass. and so did the "discounts". and we didnt end up getting 25lbs exactly because they were out of stock on some and didnt tell us. when it got here, we found out that we were just under the 30%disc limit and bumped down to 25. however, were broke asses, and try to stay away from spending to much on color(which is why we were goin for 25 lbs) so we tend to stay closer to the 40/lb color than anything else...except a FEW we cant resist. so if you think of it that way, 35 an lb is not that SERIOUS of a discount, its 12.5%off.

it definitely wasnt clerical error because we were trying to get all deserved discounts and guy was giving us runaround.

regardless, we shouldnt have gotten seconds/odds at all. and there were many more problems(other non glass items, packaging SUCKED, shipping took forever, etc). were assholes, but still good people and we very rarely complain about anything. and no, we didnt contact said dist. because we are both busy and work other jobs, have kids, etc. and didnt have time for the drama of dealing with it. we just sucked it up as a loss, and learned never to deal with them again. which is why we refer to them as other guys instead of by name (because it was never cleared up, to prevent drama, and giving an undeserved bad name...everyone screws up). we dont sell glass as our main income and can make enough profit off of it anyways.

his main point is that we heart muntain glass and until/if we find a better place will stick with them over all others. they always hook us up as best as they can and even when ups clearly screwed up one of our orders they offered us free replacement of all lost glass before ups even filed a claim. i dont know about all the hippie cds they send though....

mountainglass rocks. the owners and employees are super nice and always helpfull. they once found me a buyer for one of my older torches. hell one day i drove up there and had a sale fall through and one of the guys wrote me down a list of like 4 shops that i didnt even know about in the area. today one of the guys went out of their way to get in contact with me to let me know they had just gotten more of that spring purple.

i consider myself being extremely lucky to be within driving distance of the place cause i like to pick out my own stuff and see whats new in person. i do order on occasion however and have never had a problem.
    Bringing more firearms than a school of burning squids

http://glasspipes.org/heinousglass

I deal with abr for a lotta stuff I buy in bulk and from time to time they do have back orders. But who doesnt Ross is a biz man and he does like to make money but will not rip you off and I asked him for a discount before I bought in bulk and I got like 35 percent off from him so I wouldnt call them a bad distributor better then a lotta others. I had a lotta trouble with glass craft in colorado when I lived there and you wanna talk about bad customer service they have like quilting women answer there phones RRRRRRRRR!!!! so complaints about abr tho!

so no complaints about abr tho (I meant to say)

Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    , were broke asses, and try to stay away from spending to much on color(....
    I am with you on that all the way. You don't have to be broke asses to appreciate 60 bucks a pound for color is too high. When I go to order anything I run the order on several websites to see where the best discount is.
    Getting seconds and odds sold as firsts though is pretty low. Even though it would be hard to believe it was all simple mistakes sometimes things happen especially if your counting on employees. I think a companies true character shows up in how they handle those errors(and prevent them in the future). But it sounds like you guys were getting the bend over and don't blame you for chalking it up to lessoned learned.

Quote Originally Posted by garrick View Post
    mountainglass rocks. the owners and employees are super nice and always helpfull. they once found me a buyer for one of my older torches. hell one day i drove up there and had a sale fall through and one of the guys wrote me down a list of like 4 shops that i didnt even know about in the area. today one of the guys went out of their way to get in contact with me to let me know they had just gotten more of that spring purple.

i consider myself being extremely lucky to be within driving distance of the place cause i like to pick out my own stuff and see whats new in person. i do order on occasion however and have never had a problem.
    I buy as much as I can from Mountain Glass because I like to support Steve and the rest of the guys. If I could get the same prices there I get at ABR, I'd buy a lot more from Mountain Glass.

I'm in Asheville twice a year or so, so I always go by there when I'm there. I'll be there again in September, so I'm going to call them ahead of time and make sure they have everything I need. I buy a lot of my tubing while I'm there so I don't have to pay the high shipping charges for tubes.

I just placed an order with abr and though it was near the end of the day (like past 5) I got a call almost immediatley to let me know what was in stock versus not, winship has an order from me as well right now Ill post back tuesday to let you know if both came on time
    I let my dome rock while I let my erl drop