The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

Default Re: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

I have ordered from ABR maybe four or five times in the last few months. Never a problem. Packed well and shipped pretty quick. They also called me twice to tell me that they did not have an item I ordered, giving me a chance to get something else.

The only error made by them was in my favor. I got a couple of free tubes...

The Glasstique thing has me WAY skeptical . Sucks too cause my buddy needs a ring mandrel , and ABR has the nicest one I could find .

Anyone have another suggestion , short of a graphite rod and carving it myself ? I think it could be easy if you sank a Dremil screw tip type thing and just spinning it and carving to size , but 20-40 $ may be easier .

I got my ring mandrel off the bay years ago. Stainless steel with the sizes engraved. It cost like $15 shipped.

If they have something that noone else does and I absolutely positively need it. Then I would order from them, but defenitely not an everyday supplier for me.

yeah...i love giving someone $ to run me out of buisness
    all killa' no filla'

Aside from that ebay NS glasstique debacle, as long as Ross handles your order himself things go well. There are a few things I *do* like about them. Fairly quick delivery, you get a tracking number by mail, and the occasional sale is sometimes a good thing. Heck, I ordered a couple pounds of 104 at one point and the next day an email showed up telling me that they were putting it on sale. Ross was cool about letting me have the sale price. I think ultimately like any of the suppliers it's a mixed bag. I wouldn't flat out say avoid them, and I wouldn't hesitate to send someone their way as a customer. If you can spare the time though, shop around on the price, but that advice goes for any product.

By the way, for those who didn't get the email, abr's doing a momka's sale, 40% between 3/13-17. I still have the email, PM me for the code if you need it.

And no, I'm not secretly Ross :-)
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

whats this about abr and teaching the pipe trade and importing and driving us out of business? what is ross up to?

Shady shenanigans

like what? actually, who else should be blacklisted while were at it.

Well glad to hear its not all bad. I have taken some deep breaths and feel much better. Thanks everyone I now have a better idea of what to expect when ordering from ABR. Its always nice to go into something with a realistic expectation. I can only be pleasantly surprised now. I know all of the things that happen when ordering supplies and have had many of them happen to me in the past. frantz back orders wale has been a struggle at times but when I thought about the ebay thing it dawned on me that I didn't know anything about ABR and maybe I was the last to know again. Mistakes happen I can deal with that. I don't want to waste my time calling them I didn't even want to email them it would of been fine just getting what I payed for. If your in a online business and they are even if they have a storefront. then you should have someone responding to people that use their site tools to contact them about orders placed on that site. I expect a little professionalism when i open my wallet. this was just a small order for a couple random tools and some momka assortments cuz i never used her color. There is a lot of new things that were not available or i just didnt know about them till now. In other words I got a lot to learn about the who's who and the who's got what stuff. I really appreciate everyone who chipped in on this thread. My gripe was not that big of a deal. just petty stuff but enough to get me asking questions. If Ross sees this I hope he doesn't get butt hurt and just sees this as things needed to improve his customer service. I will still be happy just a little later than i hoped for. I haven't sworn them off and will possibly try them again in the future. The do pack their orders like superstars.

i've had nothing but hassles with this psycone generator....shady sales practise with two companies making same product and not informing the costumer about the fact.....
    abr SAYS they have a 3yr warranty on the machine,. but they don't want to give me a refund. WTF?
    i'm still waiting for a call back.
    I will never deal with these people again.

Passing the Gential Germ around N.C. for over 30 years

I can think of a handful of companies that are shady and suck.

Honestly, I don't think you can find a single company that has never made a customer mad. I know I have made customers mad. It happens. People make mistakes. It's what you do to fix it that matters to me. I do everything in my power to fix mistakes, but, as I'm sure everyone knows, there are some people that will never be happy no matter what.

ABR does a lot of business, so they probably have more unhappy customers than I do. But, that's how it works. More customers overall means more chance of unhappy customers.

But, I would not hesitate to buy from Ross, and I stand by that. I would not hesitate to suggest to anyone that they shop there. All the experiences I've had with them have been positive, and until they give me a reason to think otherwise, that's how I'll continue to feel.

the shipping issue totally baffles me. Arrow springs can't calculate shipping either. If you order off the internet they charge your credit card a flat fee then refund you the difference. I ordered a pin vise from arrow springs and they threw in a catalog. Well because of the catalog the shipping was almost 10 bucks and the pin vise was only 8. On there part I did get it quick as hell but I would have never ordered it knowing the shipping was going to be more then the item.
    Back on the subject of ABR. I have never ordered from them because their prices are consitantly higher and on some things its way out in left field.
    With no sales taken into consideration I don't see anyone beating Generations prices on glass. If you remember the forum discount and the free shipping his prices almost touch wholesale. Plus if there is a problem Kristian handles it personally.
    I really like Mountainglass alot and wish I could do business with them. There requirements for a wholesale account are too high, which only gives you 30 percent off on color (generations is 35% with a 10 pound order and forum discount plus free shipping) . Guy that answers the phone is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to though and their invoice system is spot on.
    "If you are looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphilis"

Yeah. We used to get stuff for our store (mandrels, bead release, hand tools, etc.) from Arrow Springs because they have good prices, but shipping takes an average of 10 days from when I order it. They ship regular UPS ground and from CA to VA takes forever. ABR I get it in three days. Four at most.

I do really like supporting Mountain Glass, but I just can't pay their prices when I'm buying stuff that I'm going to be reselling in our store.

just the few shady things ive seen go dawn lately is enough to keep me from ever buying anything @ABR
    RedBeards oxy generator ,the glasstique name swipe ,importing the very products
    his customers are making
    no i think there are better folks to deal with
    Ð^ñ®

Screw any company that teaches overseas, even if it was a while ago. Way to stab your biggest customers in the back dude.

X2 on the Glasstique issue, given this companies rep I side with GA. Why would you want to piss off the markets biggest supplier of color just to sell some overpriced ebay glass?

WHY?

Ross rocks.

He's always played nice with us here in Burque so Ive got nothing but love for him. I've heard rumors about all kinds of things he supposedly has done, but I've heard rumors about all ya'll on this board (you've probably heard bad about me too..) Fuck rumors. His glass is good, he's on time, and its cool to have a company run by a guy thats actually lampworked and understands our industry. Any company will eventually have a customer service nightmare or two but Ross keeps things right, or will make it right in a hurry.
    Rashan Omari Jones

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jones Art Glass Albuquerque, NM
    JonesArtGlass@Gmail.com

I've had problems with shipping costs doubling the price of my glass order on an internet sale, and I wasn't too happy with their customer service when I called about it.

I've had worse experiences in my life, but there are enough other vendors out there that I don't have to go back to a company i feel treated me like my business wasn't important to them.
    Everything in moderation, even moderation

Icon1 Re: ABR Imagery Ya or Na

Ross and company have been nothing but fantastic with us. Quick contact with any issue and fantastic and reasonable shipping and cost. Running a retail business particularly one with so much stock you will run into issues from time to time, but I have found them to be nothing but helpful and professional!

Jamie,
    Acme Glassworks
    www.acmeglasscolor.com