The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shift knob inserts?

Default shift knob inserts?

anyone know where to get the universal shift knob inserts. did a little search but knowone said where to buy em. im sure they are around somewhere. anyways if anyone knows would be greatly appreciated.
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

Default Re: shift knob inserts?

jonas was selling some here awhile back and i sent him a private msg about where to send a money order to and he replied about how much they were but not an address. and i never got another reply after asking again where to send him some money.

i still want some, hopefully somebody else has got em.
    Bringing more firearms than a school of burning squids

http://glasspipes.org/heinousglass

i liked the ones he had they are cool. i was just figuring that someone would know where to get ahold of some. if not i guess i wi talk to a machinist and have em make me some. id like to find some premade. the nicer the better.
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

yeah i was looking forward to getting some of those but i gave up on it.
    Bringing more firearms than a school of burning squids

http://glasspipes.org/heinousglass

if you find a machinest that wants to make them, I would pitch in on them

Magma... you _ARE_ a shift knob insert....

:P

what size is the thread, I can get you some.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

real good one doug.......... hey doc i will let ya know i have a friend whos a machinist and i guarantee he can make em if i cant find em. hey doug i was looking for universal sets to go with the shift knobs.

Brian Burge

sorry... "universal" isn't a size.

I'm guessing you're talking about a threaded insert to epoxy into a boro knob?

what is "universal" ? my guess would be 1/4-20 or 3/8-18... but I don't know, it could be metric... or is there some kind of universal taper deal? ... just asking about the specs of the part.

I'd look around Barnhill bolt, wood workers supply wood crafters etc...
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m29

i like this one look at the pics.

Brian Burge

yep, they have those too.... I didnt know if you wanted a flange or not.
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

Doug... you are a "Flange"
    Rashan Omari Jones

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jones Art Glass Albuquerque, NM
    JonesArtGlass@Gmail.com

thanks for the backup jones....... WHATS UP!!!!!!!

Brian Burge

this looks like a nice kit, not sure what it cost or if they sell it with out the shift knob
    http://www.flameball.com/Accessories/ACC-Spline.htm

Hit up Chris at Dichrome. I believe if you are drilling the knobs yourself, you can get inserts that are vehicle specific from him if you find out the thread pitch and diameter . He has been a great account for me, check out Dichrome.com and get a hold of him

thanks tuba, dont know if u remember but i met ya out at agi last year, but anyways... i might do that i didnt know if he was willing to sell or part with his info on his but ill hit him up. i think i met him at glasscraft when that contest was starting. thanks for the tips. keep it real up there in nois.

Brian Burge