The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Dichroic Alchemy?

Phoenix, AZ...It only totally sucks sometimes, otherwise it's quite nice!

Default What's up with Dichroic Alchemy?

I placed an order with Jay over two weeks ago and still nothing. After several emails and multiple attempted phone calls (no answer-no machine) I got an email saying "Your order is still being processed, we'll email you with an invoice"...That was a few days ago and still nothing. For two items, no-less. I guess they're closed Fri, Sat, Sun, so no hope of commo 'til Tuesday!

This is my first dealing with them. Are they known for being flakey? I'd try CBS but I can't find less than a full sheet of boro ANYWHERE. Everybody is out of stock with no hopes of resupply.

I'm starting to think the cosmos has aligned against me and I'm not meant to get my hands on any quality dichro.

Any input on their company reputation (or alternate sources) would be appreciated.

Default Re: What's up with Dichroic Alchemy?

pm sent-ish
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

i'll answer your question if you answer mine.
    how come the gas station by my house closes at 9?

That's easy, Janky...Because that's when the Boogyman comes out. Duh!

Trevs sells Dichro by the oz.
    If you can't get it from them we have a lot in stock ours is also made by CBS
    SUNRAY
    The Shopkeeper

fair enough.
    ive never ordered from them but they are known to be a reputable company,i'm sure it will get worked out.

Passing the Gential Germ around N.C. for over 30 years

I have always noticed that Dichroe alchemy's website was always a little Janky (no offense Danny) could be a server issue. I have heard nothing but good about those guys. I don't know them personally, so i have no personal opinion, just what I have heard, around the water cooler, per se'

Christopher,
    Jay Here from D.A.
    I do apologize for the wait sometime with the orders. We do the best we can always,and when we fall short of expected results,we like to compensate.
    Our company has grown massively in the last 2-3 yrs and we are just coming to grips with this. Both of our sites www.dichroicalchemy.com and www.glassevolution.com are getting complete new styles and features to hopefully be done by the end of the summer. Even though we are a company who offers direct to customer service,we spend most of our budget on research and development of new raw materials and services.
    By the end of the summer we will have many new cool services and products to keep all of us here in the cutting edge as usual.Fridays all summer are for new product development and we have chosen to not answer the phone. New raw materials are one of the bloodlines of our industry!
    Call us on Monday,and explain your story to Chris,Matt,or Tara and they will hook you up. I will make sure to let them know as I am with family right now.
    Please give us a call back as I do not know exactly how to contact you directly. We have been doing great biz since 1998 and we make plenty of mistakes,but always face up to them. Thanks alot for supporting Dichroic Alchemy.

JFro
    Dichroic Alchemy
    866-451-2254

Hey there, Jay...

I appreciate the communication. That's what I was missing, since I can't buy oxy untill I know what your debit will be from my account...you know...that 'ol chestnut.

I will call on Monday. I wasn't expecting this to be a means of direct communication with you, but I'm glad it worked out. GLDG rocks, no?

Thanks for keeping on top of this. You have restored my faith in the glass cosmos.

Peace,

Christopher Robin

jay and DA are great, always had the utmost respect and service from them. they will hook ya up.
    "Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you." Bill Hicks

Got my Mirage from them recently seemed like a great bunch of folks
    i wont hesitate to deal with them especially when im skilled enough to use some dichro without fuckin it up lol they have some very interesting stuff!
    Ð^ñ®

I made a post in the abr thread about my only experience with glass evolution, which I didn't bring to Jays attention, so my fault there. Im not going to re post it here, he can read it there if he wants to..other than my mishap, I hear they are pretty good.

The gas station knows you run out of beer about 8:45, thats why.

You should buy some Nile too

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    You should buy some Nile too
    no no im not worthy of all that Nile is! maybe one day ill be worthy of both dichro and NILE the GREAT
    Ð^ñ®

I haven't had everything go perfect from ordering from them, but I've never felt like they didn't go above and beyond to fix any problems. I seem to talk to Tara most of the time these days. Anyway, they're one of the three places that I order from a lot, and I'll continue to do so.

loyd

O.K. Right now, I'm going to say that I am experiencing fervent righteous indignation instead of saying I'm properly pissed off (only because the DA guys are pleasant on the phone.)

I talked to Jay on Monday and he said he would go in the back and pack up my order himself "today" AND said that my total would be $110 MAX w/ shipping. Keep in mind that I was assured that I would be "hooked up." (refer to his first post in this thread.)

Well.......My total was $140-something ($37 for ground shipping on my three little items). Thank God I put my oxy on account or I would have over-drawn my bank account. That, being bad enough, was followed by a package containing NO "hook-ups AND a $50 DVD that won't play...it's not scratched, just plays all janky and skips so bad it's unwatchable. And, no, it's not my players...all three I tried.

Jay.......What the fuck?....over.

I'm going to give you another chance because you seem to have a decent rep otherwise and you seem cool...but...DAMN! I'm too broke to get jerked around like this.

You going to make this right?...ASAP? (ASAP being the key acronym here.)

(By the way, I'm posting here first because it's Friday and I know I can't get in touch otherwise until Monday...and I'm pis....I mean indignant.)

Cool Re: What's up with Dichroic Alchemy?

Hey Christopher Robin,

I spoke with you for a minute the other day, and am sorry to hear about that video arriving in a janky condition. I have never heard of a video not working since I started working with DA. I know of one customer in particular who orders them by the dozen, to resell at his shop. I'm sure I'll be able to make this right. I can begin by packing you another video and pushing it out early next week. I'd say Monday, but we only ship Tuesday-Thursday.
    I spoke with Jay about the quote of $110, on Thursday or Fri and he said that he hadn't told you 110 with shipping. I thought it would have been peculiar because the total was around $107 before shipping. Anyways, I know shit happens, and you and jay both have different memories about the conversation you had. Either way, I will get you out that DVD, I'll cover the shipping, and I'll even toss in something on the house, for the communication breakdown.
    I know money is tight these days, and I do want you to feel hooked up. Let me know if this sounds good. I'll answer the 451# on Monday, and we'll get this all straightened out. Jay is visiting with his family right now, however, I am familiar with these circumstances, and am confident we'll take care of this.

Hopefully this makes you feel better about the situation,
    Chris
    In Lak'ech
    A la kin

Chris Goldman

I'm going to call this one resolved. Chris worked things out nicely and all is good.

I have to say the guys down there at DA are really cool. I think they just get a little bit distracted or something.

Good effort guys. I think I'll stick around.

Personally I feel these guys (DA and GE) try to do the best they can BUT I gave up over a year ago. I have placed 3 orders with them and every single time something was screwed up. Be it product or shipping taking forever. For shits and giggles my buddy and I ordered some images from ABR and DA on the same day. We live in Cali and were curious who would lag more. ABR took 4 days, DA took 8. For example..At one point I was leary so I tried them again and got dichro images for a custom order. Images were backwards. I know I could still work with the image but in the end it came out burnt. Why do I have to compensate for another persons mistake? So I called them and let Frank know about the backward images and he apologized. After speaking with him I felt he would make it right.....I havent heard from Frank for over a year about this issue. I know this is petty but I was trying to keep my rant short. But I guess that didnt happen. On a side note....DA if you guys are reading this. More communication with co workers/ customers and work a 5 day week. I know you guys mean well but im hearing the same complaints for over a year now.

I have placed orders with ABR and DA. I'm sorry to say that more often than not, something got screwed up with both companies. DA usually bends over backwards to make things right, ABR not so much. plus when I get color from ABR, they somethimes send me what looks like odds but they're still like $50 pp. I like to do stick stacks and uneven rods don't work well. I don't know how companies judge odds, but when I'm paying full price, I think I should be able to get what I want/ordered(which was 8ml) not some uneven, and in some cases bent rods.