The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got any glass sitting around?

Default Got any glass sitting around?

If anyone can donate a glass piece to help some more Katrina glass blowers, please step up. We've almost run out of funds to hand out/buy glass supplies with and I had another guy contact me on Sunday, so I will try to raise a little more to help him and the ones we haven’t been able to help much yet, too. I have some glass to throw in; I'll post pics later when I have auction details ready. Yeah this one will be run as an auction, figure it's easier that way since so many of you have pitched in on the raffles we held. I don't want to tap out own community anymore then we already are! I know a lot of you scraped together to get those raffle tickets, thanks for stepping up for that, it has really made a difference for some of our own.

If you have glass you don't need to mail it, just send me a pic eugenerain(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll include it in the auction, which will be posted on tons of forums and bids will be taken via email and posted. You can mail the glass directly to the winner of the auction, and if you can’t afford shipping costs, Eugene Rain will cover it.

I’d like to post this on Friday, so if anyone can donate something before then that would be awesome.

Also if anyone out there is running fundraisers for glassblowers I have a few names of people you can help that my efforts might not reach. I expect more to show up soon now too since they are letting people into the city to discover what they’ve lost.

I’ll post raffle updates as soon as I can today. I’m trying to get some ebay stuff done first!
    ~Misha

Default Re: Got any glass sitting around?

The Washington colab pieces made for this haven't been put on Ebay yet- we keep watching- don't know if he is giving them to you to auction would be nice
    SUNRAY
    The Shopkeeper

I took pictures of them for him, ready and waiting. I think he's auctioning them himself. I'll have him come update you when i see him.
    ~Misha

all most done with the colab stuff jsut need to write up ebay stuff. pic will be up soon. misha if u can give me the info on the blowers that need stuff. that'll be great.

thanks jason mcghee

Hey Misha- a lot of people donated leftover glass at A.G.I. for the hurricane victims. Would it be better to send the glass to those in need, or auction it off? I can also kick in some surplus materials to add to the package.

Also- could you post a "wish list" of what these people need? Please shoot me an e-mail with their shipping info.

Thanks a bunch for all of your efforts

P.S.- The offer still stands for work / living space for glass workers affected by the hurricanes. Please e-mail me at info@glass123.com, or give me a call at 724-791-2100

Ok, I'm working on updates now and I will include a wish list for those in need. Thanks, Tom.

I'd say auction the glass off somehow and send them funds or supplies directly. They are all scrambling to try to get to work and so them doing auctions would really complicate things. Not all of them even have consistent phone access yet!

I can help you if you need, but I'm betting you got it under control.

Jason, check out their wish list when I post it, and if you can help with anything on the list I'll tell you who to send it to. Thanks bro! You rock.
    ~Misha

Misha,

How about short sticks of glass (2-6")? I have a bag full of boro color (maybe two pounds?) that was going to be thrown out at a place where I teach. Think they could use this? If so, I'd be happy to mail it to you as part of the package to send them.

Wes.

I have an arm full of tubes and rods given to me but i do not know the types of glass. your guess on the types of glass will be better then mine. If you are interested it is e-mial glassdiver@hotmail.com or call william (337)-247-8922 i live in Laffayette Louisiana some dilivery possible.

Has anyone contacted GA or NS about donating some color shorts to victims?

I have a partial case of 32mm kimble I could kick down to someone, but I don't have a box to ship it in, so they'd have to be near Albuquerque... *shrug*

-Doug

I'll email you all a different address to send stuff to.

Dougy if you go to the post office they have these long 3 sides priority mail boxes for free that are perfect for glass.
    ~Misha

I'm heading out of town for the weekend but I will go through things on tuesday and put together some stuff. Misha if you could post a list of things that they need it will be easier for me to choose what to send.

derek

I sent everyone who offered an address.

Darv, and anyone else who missed it, here is a list

Kiln
    Torch (blows bigger items)
    Disc mashers
    Tweezers
    Graphite
    Jacks
    diamond shears
    straight shears
    any glass clear or color, boro or soft

If you have something on that list to donate let me know and I'll give you the address of the guy in need.

I received finished glass pieces from Matt M. and John (plant4fun) today, and Andy and Sara sent pics. Many thanks you guys!! This will help bring in a little extra to hopefully get rid of that remaining list and get these people up and working. I'll post auction info as soon as I can, and if anyone else wants to donate glass to auction off let me know!
    ~Misha

I've been able to find and purchase some of the items, here's a shorter list.

ISO claws (we need 2)
    Tweezers
    Graphite
    Jacks
    diamond shears
    straight shears
    any glass clear or color, boro or soft
    ~Misha