The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Default Re: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Lame for you and lame for the Boro school. Everyone at the school is as cool and honest as they come. Dizzle wont put up with any of that shit, and he is the last person anyone with half a brain would fuck with. The list of potential peole is pretty short hopefully. The worst part is you having to go back to Alaska instead of being able to stay local and bloodhound your gear. Where were you parked at the school?

So sorry to hear that, Brian. I hope you recover your stuff. If you have pics to post that would help.
    ~Misha

It is a really unfortunate thing, I hope it all gets resolved soon. Everyone at the Boro school has been supportive and helpful, they are looking for it any way they can, especially since I was leaving so soon. I finally got home just now actually, and saw these posts. We did file a police report in Seattle, they know to get a hold of me or the school, and we gave them descriptions and pictures of everything missing, all stock photos though. We were parked on 13th, but on the other side of the street where they are doing the construction work. It was still visible from the office where it was parked from what I can gather, it was across the street but pretty much straight outside the garage door that is in the public studio area. I was going to call all the pawn shops in the area, I'm not sure if it's worth doing though, do torches ever show up at places like that? I should have recent pictures of my actual torch, I just took some before I sent it in to be serviced. I'll look for those and post when I find them. If I have a picture of the serial will that help or do the right people know where to look for it? The rock-it pedal is the one with the blue sticker I think, and no oxy bypass. I hope that helps a little.

Hello all! I am happy to report that with the help of the Boro school and glass artists all over Seattle, we were able to locate and retrieve my torch and equipment! Nate Dizzle himself went to meet with the people trying to sell my torch and they gave it back with no incident! Intact! I know I am very lucky, and I am amazed at the glass community in Seattle for being willing and able to help me so much! Nate and everyone at the Boro School were excellent the whole time, and I am truly impressed and indebted to them for their help! I also really wanted to make sure everyone knew that despite the theft, whether I got my equipment back or not, the class itself was excellent, and the facility Nate has put together to help grow our art is amazing, and I will definitely be returning for another class in the future! It's the area around the school not the school itself by any means! I'll just be more careful with my important tools, and I hope everyone in the future has as much luck as I did!

Good to hear you got your stuff back! Dizzle is for rizzle no shizzle. Boro school for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by CircleCatGlass View Post
    Hello all! I am happy to report that with the help of the Boro school and glass artists all over Seattle, we were able to locate and retrieve my torch and equipment! Nate Dizzle himself went to meet with the people trying to sell my torch and they gave it back with no incident! Intact! I know I am very lucky, and I am amazed at the glass community in Seattle for being willing and able to help me so much! Nate and everyone at the Boro School were excellent the whole time, and I am truly impressed and indebted to them for their help! I also really wanted to make sure everyone knew that despite the theft, whether I got my equipment back or not, the class itself was excellent, and the facility Nate has put together to help grow our art is amazing, and I will definitely be returning for another class in the future! It's the area around the school not the school itself by any means! I'll just be more careful with my important tools, and I hope everyone in the future has as much luck as I did!
    that's awesome!

Nice to read good news in this thread. Thanks for letting us know.

Take life with a grain of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila