The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Default STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

STOLEN TOOL LISTING - If a tweeker tries to sell you gear...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If a tweeker tries to sell you gear, check to see if it's stolen here. Sometimes a deal IS too good to be true.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Who: Nate Miers, NoDFX Glass Designs
    Where: St. Augustine, Florida
    When: approx. Dec. 5, 2004
    What: GTT Mirage Torch w/ burly homemade "L" marver pad, excellent shape very clean, one marking above where marver pad went because the heat from mashing there colored the barrell of the torch, All stickers intact, no fading on knobs, looked almost new. Also had 'ribbed' plastic hosing with black zip ties that covered the 4 hoses coming from the torch. The original hoses were scraped on the inside. 1 Griffin electric foot pedal, excellent shape, 1 Singlewide Small Digital 99LS/D Aim Kiln, blue, excellent shape, had been re-wired underneath, so the connectors aren't stock. No serial recorded (DOH!) but still has Aim sticker, or may have been removed because of it being stolen. It had a round color Northstar sticker and a round holographic DA dichro stickers on the top 'counter-weight' bar. All hand-tools on my bench including: 3-5 reamers, 2 paddles; sanded custom, 3 bowl push rods, 1 pair of hand mashers, 5 pairs of tweezers, 1 Infinite Rim marble Mold - Multi sized, 2 Graphite pads 6x6, 1 pair of 6" aluminum holding claws w/ screw and collar intact still, 1 pair homemade diamond shears, Red handled Dichro/sheet glass nippers, scoring knife, rod nippers, 1 gun case, empty, presumably to hold the tools they stole. There were NODFX Glass catalogs/stickers and/or other promotional stuff in the top of the gun case behind the foam.
    <ALL HAND TOOLS ARE/WERE MARKED OR INSCRIBED WITH BIG "N8">
    Other details: Thieves broke in, neighbors reported the vehicle looked like mine, a blue Montero, and two kids, one looked like me, went through the back door, opened the garage, and proceeded to move the items described above out to their vehicle. They cut the hoses right below the quick releases (Wish I'd left the Oxy on, hehe) so that leads me to believe they wern't glassblowers, however, they only took glass related stuff. There was a stereo, a huge book of CD's, opened, and a guitar and half stack (huge) amp that they could have loaded up in 3 additional seconds, but they didn't. This leads me to believe they knew a glassblower in the area they could sell my gear to. I will give a $500+ reward to the person that gets my gear back or gets the information/proof to get the thief(s) prosecuted, or a $2000 reward for his teeth (I will make payments). That's right, teeth, all of them. I also want proof of that as well, pictures, bloody ID, etc.

Who: Roy Krossin,
    Where: Kennewick, Washington a.k.a. Tri-cities
    When: Around 3/22/05
    What: A Carlisle CC plus that was purchased from winship. One Sargent torch. Both with "L" marvers purchased from a local soft glass student of mine. 5 national 3a's for teaching. Also 3 marble molds, two sets of reamers, 4/5 tweezers, 2 bowl push's @ 5/8 and 7/8 <hand made> two sets of ball grabbers, one large 100 mm ball grabbers. Approx. 10#'s of color - bag of bits, all GA. 24 sticks of 38mm extra hvy tubing. 6 pc's 50mm hvy wall tubing, One pc of 12mm and 10 pc's of 10mm down stem material. One case of 7mm rod. Dichro masher/press from winship. 1/4 sheets of starship tical and balck cherry dichro.
    Other details: Thieves broke through a window on the side of the shop out of the lighting system. Roy's Original Thread

Who: Dellene P.
    Where: Creswell, Oregon
    When: Around 5/25/05
    What: A delta elite initialed DRP, a Mirage with her signature on it and a trusty dusty Minor Major All cut from the lines and ripped off.
    Contact: dellene(at)loveandlight(dot)us or thestudiobroadway(at)yahoo(dot)com 505-842-8446

Anyone else within the last year or so that's had gear stolen can also email me either the email above or through my EZinbox in my profile with the information above. Thank you! - N8

Default Re: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Oh yea, please post about missing gear only. If you already know who ripped off your stuff, please don't post about it, take it up with the authorities. This is not a place to slander individuals about a deal gone wrong, etc. It's a thread to reference what's missing in case someone comes across a deal that's too good to be true, or see's similar markings, or someone elses' name engraved, etc. and to be able to contact that person easily if need be. Thanks!

well how about bad deals is that ok cause ed gurganus owes me a major minor i paid for

well, that is a good question, cause if you paid for something you didn't receive, then you have been robbed....just in a different fashion....but the missing item isn't marked by you in any way to make it reconizable....so people couldn't keep a heads up for it.

Mad Re: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Im doing the post to tell people to not do busness wit this guy or maybe convince him to pay me. glasskid420 or ed gurganus
    high point nc 27265 o ya here u guys go so u know who it is here is his town i wont post his whole address because its his parents house and thats wrong. o ya and ed hope u pay me the 225 u owe me sumday.

What a sad state of affairs that we even need a forum of this type.

Ok, so now I start out this forum with some really bad news. During Country Fair. Saturday, I come back home to find my front kitchen window smashed and my shop smashed up, my couches over-turned, drawers upside down on the floor. And, they got my Delta Mirage with it's Marver pad, as well as an 8m piggy-back, and my Dell Inspiron 8200. All of my glass but they left all the expensive construction tools, plus they left all of my instruments but one. The torch was in my house with it's quick release flow end attached. Well, there went the neighborhood. Those GTT guys W&WY should really put serial numbers on their torches, and I read that M-Tech laptops are to easy to track so thieves don't touch them.
    Then I heard about this glass theft rampage that's been going around town, but everyone knows, so many people would gladly buy any GTT stolen or not in a heartbeat, ( considering the waiting list)
    So All beware and keep your eyes open to help safeguard against thieves. LD

Could you please state your name, location and anything useful to retrieve the stolen gear, ie. markings. This thread is meant for people to help FIND your gear.

And welcome to the GLDG.
    ~Misha

Your Delta Mirage?
    Sorry to hear about it

Anybody missing a Nortel Midrange, AIM84 and infinite rim marble mold?

name: Eric
    when: may-june of 05
    what: beth- pm2d with an outter fire propane port clogged on the left side of the outter ring
    keep your eyes peeled in the denver area
    $500 reward
    Email: Ewok@Asia.com

name :Eric
    when:oct/Nov
    what:beth pm2d
    Reward For safe return
    Eric is a real kind bro who doesn't desreve that kind of deal .I bleave it was new.

I was offered a Bethlehem pm2d for a $1,000 at a SCI show in Atlanta by a guy named Evan, who also goes by "Ev" from the Tampa area. Really nice guy, I don't think he would do such a thing, but I've had people I've known much better and trusted a lot more fuck me over a lot worse. Soooo... if you want more information, I'll be happy to turn it over to you to turn in to police. Guy said he lived in a warehouse and offered to let me stay with him for the winter if I wanted to bring my stuff down to blow glass for a few months. Might just be nothing, but ya never know.

Name: Lee
    Area: Olympia WA
    When: March 29-30
    Stolen gear: Maya w/ pedal, 50+ lbs of Momkas color, 4-5 shhets of DA Gallaxy Dichro, Boroscopes, 10 lbs frit, griffen rollers, tools etc. If anyone knows of someone selling these items let me know so I can inform the officer doing the inveswtigation. Any help appreciated. I'll compensate whoever helps me find my gear or convict the dirtbag fuck who did this

Lee

name: chris adkins
    where: madison, WI
    when: fathers day weekend (i'm not exactly sure when fathers day is, i just remember cuz the whole house was gone), 2003
    what: GTT phantom w/ "jseel" engraved on the bottom. it was a 2 stud with kinda frayed hoses and a sheath around the hoses (which could obviously be taken off), along with a minor burner.
    how: someone kicked in the basement door where my shop was (since moved), cut the lines to both torches, took all finished work out of the kiln, and left.

PLEASE return my baby, reward if returned. Thanx.
    ohgeeglass@rock.com

Hey gang, I mostly lurk but I just saw a too good to be true kinda listing for a PMD2 Beth Burner on ebay - closing in 2 hours for like $500 bucks current price. Lister claims to be selling for a 'friend' and knows nothing about the torch. Don't you think a friend selling a torch would be told about it or be able to ask the owner?????

Here's a link, maybe someone will recognize the torch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:EF:US:11

thanks for keeping an eye out.
    ~Misha

Saw this listing on ebay tonight....looked a lil fishy so thought id share it here incase it was someones stolen gear...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

beths have a date and number on the gear, you can kinda see this in the picture. anyone that has one should have a picture and written record of that number.. retailers that you bought the torch from might also have that recorded.

i agree, that does look a bit shady. most glassblowers will put face/port pics as well as a bit more description..

anyway, good eye on that post.

z--seth

Wow after reading this I am going straight outside to engrave my name and phone number on my $790 Midrange plus (shit is expensive in Australia!) and $1699 kiln....At least if it was stolen I could prove that it is mine!