The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Blog Entries

Default Re: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

that's harsh man. unfortunately, the fact that other things were left alone suggests that it was somebody that he knows. sorry.

hopefully he copied down the serial # on the cc. everybody should have a pic of their torch highlighting any distinguishing marks.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

are their serial numbers on GTTs? i just emailed gtt asking them, and telling them if there arn't that they should start doing that.

Blog Entries

i've been bugging them to do that for years. i don't understand the reason they don't but it's something to do with the expense involved in keeping records? there are a couple places you can engrave on the torch and the stand that are pretty inconspicuous, that's the best bet for now.

seriously though...
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

STOLEN HERBERT ARNOLD ZENIT BENCH TORCH (40 mm).

machine #: 563

Stolen from my house in Richmond, VA while I was on vacation. Along with a case of glass jewelry I had made, and lots of personally kept pipes. Work by AKM and Dr. Gadget (TCT Tubes).

Please keep your eyes/ears open. This torch had it's compressed air valves and hookups removed by Arnold themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDiggum View Post
    STOLEN HERBERT ARNOLD ZENIT BENCH TORCH (40 mm).

machine #: 563

Stolen from my house in Richmond, VA while I was on vacation. Along with a case of glass jewelry I had made, and lots of personally kept pipes. Work by AKM and Dr. Gadget (TCT Tubes).

Please keep your eyes/ears open. This torch had it's compressed air valves and hookups removed by Arnold themselves.

That sux! Here's wishing you luck in finding out the shitbag that took your baby.
    ~ Temet Nosce ~

portland and surrounding areas -- stolen carlisle #256 and a herbert arnold that needs a tune up

taken from a shop in porltand, a couple weeks ago.

please be on the lookout!

-not mine- posting for a friend

tracking chip micro chip , there has gotta be some way to further protect from shit like this . sorry to hear .

Kiln, tools, glass, Torch (knight), and regulators stolen in Atlanta, Georgia. If you have any information about this please IM me!!

this sucks!!!! where are all the kind bro.'s from dead lot? i guess we are a dying breed.... people suck, and that is the realism of life!

It still just amazes me that glass peeps would steal from each other.

What about using an engraving pen (like the ones they sell at the stained glass shops) and signing your "John Doe" on your torches and kilns in nice big letters?

Where do these people sell them anyway? Other unsuspecting glass peeps? Pawn shops?

Sara

Quote Originally Posted by WORLD FAMOUS View Post
    STOLEN TOOL LISTING - If a tweeker tries to sell you gear...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If a tweeker tries to sell you gear, check to see if it's stolen here. Sometimes a deal IS too good to be true.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Who: Nate Miers, NoDFX Glass Designs
    Where: St. Augustine, Florida
    When: approx. Dec. 5, 2004
    What: GTT Mirage Torch w/ burly homemade "L" marver pad, excellent shape very clean, one marking above where marver pad went because the heat from mashing there colored the barrell of the torch, All stickers intact, no fading on knobs, looked almost new. Also had 'ribbed' plastic hosing with black zip ties that covered the 4 hoses coming from the torch. The original hoses were scraped on the inside. 1 Griffin electric foot pedal, excellent shape, 1 Singlewide Small Digital 99LS/D Aim Kiln, blue, excellent shape, had been re-wired underneath, so the connectors aren't stock. No serial recorded (DOH!) but still has Aim sticker, or may have been removed because of it being stolen. It had a round color Northstar sticker and a round holographic DA dichro stickers on the top 'counter-weight' bar. All hand-tools on my bench including: 3-5 reamers, 2 paddles; sanded custom, 3 bowl push rods, 1 pair of hand mashers, 5 pairs of tweezers, 1 Infinite Rim marble Mold - Multi sized, 2 Graphite pads 6x6, 1 pair of 6" aluminum holding claws w/ screw and collar intact still, 1 pair homemade diamond shears, Red handled Dichro/sheet glass nippers, scoring knife, rod nippers, 1 gun case, empty, presumably to hold the tools they stole. There were NODFX Glass catalogs/stickers and/or other promotional stuff in the top of the gun case behind the foam.
    <ALL HAND TOOLS ARE/WERE MARKED OR INSCRIBED WITH BIG "N8">
    Other details: Thieves broke in, neighbors reported the vehicle looked like mine, a blue Montero, and two kids, one looked like me, went through the back door, opened the garage, and proceeded to move the items described above out to their vehicle. They cut the hoses right below the quick releases (Wish I'd left the Oxy on, hehe) so that leads me to believe they wern't glassblowers, however, they only took glass related stuff. There was a stereo, a huge book of CD's, opened, and a guitar and half stack (huge) amp that they could have loaded up in 3 additional seconds, but they didn't. This leads me to believe they knew a glassblower in the area they could sell my gear to. I will give a $500+ reward to the person that gets my gear back or gets the information/proof to get the thief(s) prosecuted, or a $2000 reward for his teeth (I will make payments). That's right, teeth, all of them. I also want proof of that as well, pictures, bloody ID, etc.

Who: Roy Krossin,
    Where: Kennewick, Washington a.k.a. Tri-cities
    When: Around 3/22/05
    What: A Carlisle CC plus that was purchased from winship. One Sargent torch. Both with "L" marvers purchased from a local soft glass student of mine. 5 national 3a's for teaching. Also 3 marble molds, two sets of reamers, 4/5 tweezers, 2 bowl push's @ 5/8 and 7/8 <hand made> two sets of ball grabbers, one large 100 mm ball grabbers. Approx. 10#'s of color - bag of bits, all GA. 24 sticks of 38mm extra hvy tubing. 6 pc's 50mm hvy wall tubing, One pc of 12mm and 10 pc's of 10mm down stem material. One case of 7mm rod. Dichro masher/press from winship. 1/4 sheets of starship tical and balck cherry dichro.
    Other details: Thieves broke through a window on the side of the shop out of the lighting system. Roy's Original Thread

Who: Dellene P.
    Where: Creswell, Oregon
    When: Around 5/25/05
    What: A delta elite initialed DRP, a Mirage with her signature on it and a trusty dusty Minor Major All cut from the lines and ripped off.
    Contact: dellene(at)loveandlight(dot)us or thestudiobroadway(at)yahoo(dot)com 505-842-8446

Anyone else within the last year or so that's had gear stolen can also email me either the email above or through my EZinbox in my profile with the information above. Thank you! - N8
    hello,i dont have proper details but a headshop in arcata california got window broken and many expensive tubes and such got taken this past 7 days of may 1,peace,also there is a couple ,woman and man,from redding,oroville,that are going to headshops and trying to get buisness with headshops,meanwhile they are shoplifting,it is a team of thieves,they claim to be opening a headshop,they have been caught on tape once,by pacific paradise in arcata california,peace

Damn! There are some shady ass mofos out there. Only a couple of people know where my shop is, I know I can trust most of them but there are a few..... I need quick connects and stash my torch everynight. I hate having to think like that.

Sorry to everyone who has gotten their gear ripped off. Hopefully it finds it's way home.
    Laugh hard, it's a long way to the bank.

experiments with thermodynamics:
    http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35157

This thread makes me sad.
    ~Misha

There was a headshop in bellingham robbed about 2 weeks ago. Broken front window smash and grab style.

People are super lame

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1323847514"
    Mary King[/URL]]hey all you glass folk, time to laugh it up. while i was hospitalized with a kidney infection last night (im back now, of course) - i returned to find that DROCK emptied my glass studio. he stole $15,000 worth of tools, mirage torches, color, rods, tubes, anything his poor soul could carry and fit into his girlfriends car. i still have my ventilation system and my bench. go ahead and laugh, just like worm did.
    Derick Ross (aka DRock LegendaryGlassworks)
    From Aspen, Colorado
    "$15,000 worth of tools, mirage torches, color, rods, tubes, [etc]"

Mary's Facebook

Discussion on Darby's Facebook page

Is this being posted again because he is not yet busted and the stuff is still missing? He is not hard to find.

Aymie

Wow, sorry to hear about all of this. Especially the Richmond location, I live right outside of Richmond =0. It wasn't me though.

I'm going to be sure to lock up my torch when I'm not using it.

If that person thought the other person stole $15,000 worth of equipment from them, call the police. That's what they are for. Otherwise, BS it didnt happen

Good point Highness. There's just too many variable to pin point a solution.

Yeah, this turns out to be a lot of rubbish.... Now I feel bad for DRock because he was publicly smeared (by me included) and it seems the accuser was a little crazy.

Next time I'll stay out of junk like that - but at this time I'd say consider his name cleared. I'll post back if any more info pops up but otherwise this situation is closed.