The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Default Re: STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Am I seeing a different picture? I see two hoses with the screens and two out of view.

Aymie

^ I was wondering the same thing I didn't see any cut lines. Maybe I'm ready for a new prescription

I think what he's getting at is those aren't the original hoses that gtt puts on their torches. Those clamps on both ends aren't the ones they use.Theyuse oetiker clamps i think

I said theyve been cut because GTT does not use worm gear hose clamps on there torches. So someone at somepoint cut tye original hosing off of that torch.

Looks like they put the og screens on some new hoses

Default STOLEN GEAR LISTINGS - If it's too good to be true...

Oh I get it. Your right no Brass Hose Ferrules on there. Well I feel silly and now I know for sure I need A new prescription

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Ryan (greasy glass) is accusing some kats of stealing some color, it's a hot topic on "glassblowing tips and tricks " over on the Facebook at the moment. Also on the accused artists personal page, Anthony Nappi.
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

Anthony Nappi and Rachael Phillips are the accused
    Quote Originally Posted by itssteve View Post
    Hey jimmi if this deal were to fall through (which I doubt will happen) I'll let my lynx go for a couple cooter pics of your sis. Pm me

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161450636099?nav=SEARCH
    Gtt phantom for 800$ deffinantly cut hoses and no torch face picture
    Says its in pennsylvania

Stolen GTT mirage in Ballard Washington. Shopmate had it lifted in the early hours. Be on the lookout for an almost new mirage in the Seattle area.

Not Mine

Owner: Zach Valenti
    Original post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6604...0357560687823/

"my GTT CHEETAH was stolen last night along with a paragon sc2 kiln but yeah the cheetah had the lines cut off and had discoloration on the tip of the barrel it was an older version too, and lastly the base was a little beat up but would probably clean up nicely. here is the best pics I have"

Plymouth, MA
    GTT Delta Elite
    http://instagram.com/tcsglassworks

Thanks ^^^ was looking for this. But yes please if anyone see's either my cheetah or paragon sc2 please get in contact with me! (the kiln has some cracking going on around the door on the inside on the firebrick) oh and this all happened in Jupiter florida!

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    Thanks ^^^ was looking for this. But yes please if anyone see's either my cheetah or paragon sc2 please get in contact with me! (the kiln has some cracking going on around the door on the inside on the firebrick) oh and this all happened in Jupiter florida!

South Florida says it all... Sorry to hear man,I have a few ears down there I'll see if anyone has heard anything

Ok. I'm not sure l if this is the place to post, or if there is a proper place. My torch was stolen. I know who stole it. I know he plans to sell it in the Denver area. I've been told by authorities that there is very little they can do because there is no serial number on the torch ( s gtt delta),and he did not break and enter to get it. He conned a friend into handing it to him. He has admitted that he has it, and told me that he intends to sell it. I owe him money from a completely non glass related situation. What should I do? The torch was never offered add collateral on the loan for which I owe him. Please advise me. I trust this community more than anything to give me honest advice.

Sucky man.

My advise is to engrave that thing when/if you get it back. I would also have some words with my "friend" who handed it to him and I would tell the authorities that it's bullshit what they said. It's their responsibility to get your property back, regardless of having a serial number or not. I would also call the guy who took it, try to talk him into giving it back to you again, and record the conversation this time. Bring that back to the police and they will have all they need to go get it back for you.

brads is offline Intelligence has its limits. Stupidity is infinite. Higher Learning Member0-1 years in glass!1-6 years in glass!7-12 years in glass!13-18 years in glass!19-25 years in glass!25-49 years in glass!Ninja Badge

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Spun View Post
    I owe him money from a completely non glass related situation. What should I do?
    Having your torch snatched really sucks, and I hope you're able to get it back. I also agree with Loki about marking it so it can be identified in the future if you do get it back.

However, while it's obviously not the answer you want, based on your statement above I think the solution to your torch problem is self-evident.

Last edited by brads; 04-05-2015 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo

where is a good spot to engrave a number on a gtt? I've been thinking I should do this.

^ where no one can really see it /remove it , but it is still easy to axis. (inside the legs?)

0R....... It does not even need to be number, just identifying marks that you have good photo proof of.

Ultraviolet? Like black light paint. The kind that's clear till you put a black light on it, that would be trick.

A good place to engrave a GTT is on the tab weld that attaches to the stand. It's hidden away unless the stand is removed and/or a custom stand is used.

Hey there everyone, I know this is my first post, I've been meaning to introduce myself for a while now but I'm not really active online much, and this is a terrible reason to introduce myself, but I had to try everything I could! I never thought I'd be posting in this thread...
    This is to anyone in the Seattle area...!
    I just took a class at the Boro school that ended this evening (12/6), and after the end of the class when I was packing up, someone stole my torch, complete with my still attached foot pedal, hoses, y-joints, quick connects, and Smith mini torch! I had put the whole set up in the trunk of my rental car, pretty sure I closed it, but was told within five minutes that my trunk was open and I should go check it out. It was all gone!
    The torch that is missing is a Bethlehem Bravo, serial number 00853, new looking sticker and face ( just had it cleaned and serviced!), old pre-fitted barbed style hoses, not the newer b style. The serial number is on the right side of the mounting pin. It has a Griffin glass L-marver on it as well.
    The foot pedal is a Griffin rock-it v5, no idea if they have a serial number, but all the hoses are attached with hose clamps, and I think it might even be grade r hose.
    The Smith mini torch had no tip, I removed it before putting the whole assembly away. It is attached to the y connectors and quick connects before the foot pedal.
    Not sure if there's any more information to give, if anyone has any ideas, leads, anything, please let me know! I am only in Seattle until Monday evening and then I have a flight back to Alaska and I'll have to figure it out from up there! If you find out anything please contact me through here or contact the Boro School. Thank you for any help anyone can give, I'm at a literal total loss here...

Brian
    Circle Cat Glass