The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Classifieds Etiquette conversation

Default Re: Classifieds Etiquette and information on using this forum

uhhh, silly question here. Since this is a new subforum; pipes or no pipes?

I don't think anyone would post up some cheap crap but it would be kinda cool to be able to trade amongst board members.

Of course you can sell pipes here, if you really want to...
    ~Misha

Hahaha, I'm going to put a few up for shits and giggles, I was about to ask and I thought you'd say no, then I read the rest. Pretty cool..

so i have to admit, im not sure about the idea of selling stuff through the forum.... isnt it possible that people selling stuff might link people over here and next thing you know we have more "customers" than "glassworkers" hanging out on the forums??? just a thought, otherwise its an interesting idea....

Well use your best judgement, this is just like the other forum and I don't recall anyone selling pipes on there even tho it was allowed...
    ~Misha

I was thinking about that too slinger. The last thing I would want is for people to start posting catalogues and crap. But before it was one classifieds section and no one ever sold pieces. Now it's one forum for supplies and one forum JUST for finished work. We should probably discuss it now before it actually happens.

I wouldn't be posting pictures trying to get new accounts or posting pictures for existing accounts for that matter. But eventually I'd like to own a piece from everyone that I "know" on the board. Not neccesarily know in person but people that post alot and share info blah blah blah and that I feel like I know. So once in a while if I make a nice piece that I don't need to sell I'd like to post it and say "Who wants to trade for this?"

Possibly a private section could be setup? I don't know much about computers so I don't know if that would be a pain in the ass or not. But if we want to just say, "no selling pipes in this forum" it might be nice..........eh, holy crap, I'm going way to far into this.

I don't really care that much. So whatever.

I like the idea of being able to post a pic for trades, and would def be up for something like that(just hope anybody would want to trade for my stuff). Anyway if it can work I think it might be a nice addition, and a way to bring our community together and make more friends. Just a thought

i think trading is a good idea that would be cool to design and trade ur pieces...

well when sumone puts up a water pipe for sale ill be the first to check it out

cuz im in needy

The last thing I would want is for people to start posting catalogues and crap.
    If something like that happened it would prolly be removed. This is a section for members to post things for other members to check out, just like before with a little more organization. We have two sections now because we really want to encourage finished product sales, which is how we all survive after all.

I'm really glad you guys pointed out this concern, I'll point the other mods this way and we'll come up with a sollution.
    ~Misha

Default Re: Classifieds Etiquette conversation

We're talking about this between the mods and will address all of your concerns shortly.
    ~Misha

Thats a great idea, It would be cool to have a place we could trade or sell pieces to each other.
    Last edited by CosmicGlassInc; 06-18-2005 at 11:33 PM.

Well a lot of you have brought very valid concerns and theoretical situations to us, and we have come to the conclusion that it's just not safe for the forum, legal or not, for us to allow it at this time. We hope you understand.
    ~Misha

I thought it always did and always would .
    It stands to reason if you want a piece from a specific board member or artist , all you would need to do is contact the person , by PM , e-mail or post a note to chat and then privately discuss . I thought this was the way around any questions . Bussiness is a private matter anyway , would you really want all your transactions and prices (which tend to change upon who it is) and whatnot just to be posted and checked by all ?.

Right, private stuff is fine of course. We didn't want to have to make a "rule" but we also thought everyone was smart enough to not post pipes for sale on the internet, which can of course land your ass in jail. So since people sound like they'd actually do it, heh...now there's a redundant rule to cover the forum's ass. No one would want this place shut down for allowing "illegal" activities.

Anyway, carry on hehe. I'd really like to see some finished goods for sale in here. I sell a lot of things through forums, if we start posting stuff for sale here, people will come to buy it.
    ~Misha

Yeah, its prob a better idea to contact whoever has a piece you want, but haveing a big post and trade area here, would be cool.

J

Put your glasspipes.org and glassaritsts.org galleries in your sig, like mine, so people can find your glass.
    ~Misha

I think a trades section would be cool. Next to the regular classifeds and finished goods. That way people could post a peice they want to trade and accept the best offer. Its not even a sale that way.

Man you guys complain about having to many sections as it is . I'd put one in but I don't think it would get used honestly. And still, if it involved pipes, and shipping across state lines, it could get us in trouble money or not. Can we just stick to pms.
    ~Misha

im already pmsing

Sigh... fine