The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TX vs MI roll call

Default TX vs MI roll call

Who all is coming and have you actually bought your ticket?

We all know where I stand on the issue. YOU GUYS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!

I am dancing and singing about it right now.

"We on our way to ya neighborhood
    The reason why we comin' is understood
    Me and my guys we down to ride
    So when you hear us pull up bring ya butt outside
    And if you try to call ya cousin and nem
    Don't forget that I got some of dem
    'Bout to go real hard 'bout to swang dem thangs
    'Bout to feel elbows all in ya brain"

Aymie

Default Re: TX vs MI roll call

far as i'm concerned tx can have the building if tom wants to ho us out, then oh well.all this mi vs tx shit is retarded and i wont be involved.
    The artist formerly known as Puff Danny

i agree....after all the years we been there...some fags from texas show up??....now they are cooler than us?

amie your ass looks pretty good in that picture tho....
    all killa' no filla'

Oh goodness boys. First of all, I had no idea any of you felt that way. Has anyone at all expressed their dismay to Tom, or are you just calling names and talking shit without having attempted to do something about it? I assumed that Craig, Jamie, Wil and Jen had been enough times that Texans getting to battle for the building was fair. Why not just try to round up a few more Michiganders and have some fun with it instead of getting all pissy

As far as I know our entire list can include no more than:

Micah Evans
    Luken Sheafe
    Kevin Ivey
    Wil Menzies
    Jennifer Quiad
    Me
    Alex Smith
    Lloyd

Y'all have:
    Alex
    PD
    Cody
    Julz
    RKHPA (don't know who he is, he came last year, his profile says Ann Arbor)

that only puts you three behind us. And I am sure I am missing people right? JC said she was an honorary Michigander.

Aymie

like i said you can have it.but if you want to count #'s dont forget......

mike(my apprentice)
    pete
    nicky
    barrett
    cupcake

now were 10-8

what about craig lewis?he aint from tx anymore?

and honerary mi members are

jc
    tuba
    and the lang bros.

i'm cool with all you tx folk but the way i see it.it was named the mi building and should remain until tom tears it down.but its toms property and can do what he see's fit.
    but seriously i'm not into competing for "rights"for the building.
    The artist formerly known as Puff Danny

riggles, vandenburg, rattshack and julie riggs as well...

maybe moch if he wants to set claim mi....

and the michigan crew was there way b4 any texas people...

all your texas people have been to agi once or twice tops...

lots of mi people have been 4 + times...
    all killa' no filla'

Oh Im in, with the mini furnace set up. I may bring and accomplice as well. I thought Moch was honorary MI, I mean he actually came out to the Lansing shop

all honorary mi people have been here .... minus rattshack...but he's worked in there every year he's been...
    all killa' no filla'

I would think you have to be from or living in Michigan to qualify but I really have no idea how Tom will settle this. If it isn't something that can be fun what the eff is the point?

I forgot both Craig and Jamie on my list. I don't know if Micah and Kevin are actually coming. Think I saw Luken on a demo list somewhere.

Antony is from Minnesota or Wisconsin is he not?

All honorary people have been here? What does that mean? Anyone who comes and blows glass at your shop counts as a Michigander for AGI? Wasn't Craig just there? I mean...$%@*!...you can't have any Texans. My sister was born in MI but lives here in TX...what happens if I bring her?

Anyway, like I said, I thought this was going to be fun. I think it still can be.

I taunted y'all a bit in the article about to come out in The Flow. Sorry loves...it was before I knew this whole gig was something that really offended y'all. Honestly, I don't care where I work. I have fairly significant social anxiety around large groups of people that matter, like glassblowers. And I have yet to learn to be comfortable with people watching me work...so I gave my spot away to Julz last year. But I wouldn't mind seeing y'all working in the Texas building.

Hell, let's just challenge Roger for his building. If he can bring more Roger Parramores than we can Texans, he can keep the building.
    Last edited by Aymie; 03-03-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Aymie

ok here it goes.....i really didn't wanna have to explain this or get into it....but...

we have been going to agi for a long time...i think this was my 4-5 year in a row...

we have always ran deep people will stop in michigan on there way across the country and stay at our shop....and we caravan to agi....

that shop is really small ...we can only fit so many people in there....and a bunch of us like to work together...(even more so to the people who arn't currently in michigan)....and we always bill it as the "no bitching shop" where you can't bitch about shit... no "oh the music is to loud", or "i don't want people to use my torch" ect .... which leads to us cramming 6-7 huge torches and bumping elbows and sweating and shit....but thats how we like it ....go to another shop if you don't...

it's it's own thing....if people have questions or need to know whats up they go there... (you can't tell me you didn't experience this as well)

and for most michigan crew people....

riggles lived here for a long time...he has a mi phone # and is a agi staple...

jc lived here for awhile ....

julie riggs came and stayed for a few days and is a really good friend of ours (for a long time)

shit we would take craig if he wanted...(he falls into the category...shit he stayed at my house) same w/ andrew....

those 2 have worked in there as well...

and shit ubatuba basically lives in michigan

shit it's not really about the state as much as friendship...sometime we only see each other at agi...

but whatever....i like fun...this to me shouldn't even be a issue....but to me the michigan shop is a part of agi

and it all comes down to what tom wants to do...it's his deal...

i don't really care..
    all killa' no filla'

Okay, I did this for fun, but it obviously backfired. I agree with hazel nuts, the Michigan building is an entity of its own during AGI, and it does have deep roots for the people that call it their own. For that reason, it will stay the Michigan building until it’s torn down.

Thanks to all of my friends from Michigan for taking such pride in the building and its roots… I’m very touched. It’s the only building named after a state and not a glass blower.

Much respect to all, and we’ll see you soon… Tom

P.S. - Hey Texas… I’ll make it up to you this year with something you can call your own, and I promise you’ll like it : )

i agree and think it should stay the michigam building even after a new one is built. no offense to the texas guys but knowing that the mi crew was there before it was even agi i think gives them precedence. but im neither here nor there just my opinion.
    random naked girl in bed: " hey glenn i have a question for you, what do you do or a living?" glenn: " well ive got a question for you, what are you still doing here?" giggety giggety

Brian Burge

didnt know there were so many sandy vaginas in Michigan, oh well. I always thought it was kinda weird you guys all still wanted to hang in your own little building all to yourselves, you can keep it.
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

my glassartists site

My friends across the pond will allways have me in their presence, So, do you really want a Mich vs. Tex glass off? I'm ready to play with the water boys on this one.

steve

Just build us a carport like structure over the beer tent and we can call that the Texas building.

I really thought this was going to be fun and I am glad it has been brought to Tom's attention that it was not. I knew it must not have been previously, which is why I suggested PD say something since he was so offended. Name calling on here isn't the best way to solve your problem, but hey, I guess it worked. I am glad Alex did not feel the need to be such a brat and showed that one can be upset and get their point across without acting like a child. Rational communication is popular among adults.

No one had said anything about a TX vs MI GLASS OFF. I am so down. Have you seen the shit Micah does??? Or Luken??? Or the two of them together? God only knows what awesome shit Craig's travels and new life have brought abut. Y'all don't want that throw down.

Seriously though, I am glad this is settled. I was excited about some FRIENDLY competition. I am pretty much extremely non-competitive outside of a good chuggin' match. I have no interest in fighting for something that will result in bad feelings. Talk about horrid energy for a shop. Eff that.

Aymie

Thanks butterfly. Just forget about me...... And Micah, I'm with you. I guess we'll just have to bring up some vagisil to those guys. Let the MI babies take thier building and go home.

Naw, I'm just fucking with you guys. WHatever the case is, I'm totally cool with. The banter has been fun though. What's up MI crew!

I just read back though it. Amy you redeemed yourself

Just a joke their...There is never any hard feelings among AGI ers. Micah's work is awesome, I did work next to him one year, after all, hes a former Florida boy like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blow View Post
    Thanks butterfly. Just forget about me.
    I know...that girl can be such an ass...I was very ashamed when I saw had left you and Jamie off the list...bogus for sure...but when I was talking shit about who would stomp who in a glass off you were right on the top of my list love. I am so excited to see what sort of inspiration all this has brought you.

Aymie

Quote Originally Posted by butterflybobs View Post

Name calling on here isn't the best way to solve your problem, but hey, I guess it worked. I am glad Alex did not feel the need to be such a brat and showed that one can be upset and get their point across without acting like a child. Rational communication is popular among adults.

Talk about horrid energy for a shop. Eff that.
    All anyone's been doing is name calling. You guys can say we have sandy vaginas but if we say this is stupid we're children. Just sayin, being a tad bit self righteous. And what michigan shop has bad energy now. And like Alex was sayin, just because someones outside the Michigan border it doesn't meen they're not part of the crew. I think we would probably take you guys in drinkin and blwin anyways since we're so much more hardcore.