The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WTB Pressure Pot

Default WTB Pressure Pot

Looking for a nice pressure pot. No harbor freight crap. Hit me back if you got one.

Default Re: WTB Pressure Pot

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    Looking for a nice pressure pot. No harbor freight crap. Hit me back if you got one.
    Not that you asked...................

Very little difference between the top of the line and the china freight models. We have a few, one old cyclone (top of the line but no water separator) one homemade from a propane tank (retired because of rusted holes) and two harbor freight (old model still works and new model only used for clean media). You need to spend your money on a good tip get a large ceramic tip (1" diameter 4" to 5" length) automotive style. Connect that to a large ball valve 1/2" or better. Easy way to make the connection is to use a pipe union. Look in this pic http://www.qualityfasteners.com/Pipe.../galvunion.JPG
    the part on the right hand side hex head will be replaced with your tip. the union will then screw onto the ball valve then to the feed hose. (I can take a pic of our set up if you need it) The cheap china freight models also use a cheap hose but hey it's cheap hose consider it a consumable.

I'd also recommend if your blasting without a cabinet to set your self up an air fed hood. In the beginning we used the fabric hood with a 4" dryer hose sewn to the back of the hood air was supplied from a small blower located in the gallery room which is air conditioned. Clean air no respirator no fogged up window and you can literally work for hours.

I'd like to here someone with a empire or cyclone pot to tell us why it's better. Maybe I'm missing out? I do lean towards ghetto fabulous but I've also shot a lot of sand.

Someone should go poke gravedigger. I'd bet he'd know where to find one.

lol headstones are carved after all.

I have a cabinet so no problem there. I have heard a lot of trouble comes from the harbor fright model from lots of people. I need to get the job done right. Time is money and so are the required upgrades like a moisture trap, regulator, foot pedal, and so on.

Thanks for the tips though.