The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Boro Stix / Glow Stix / Origin Glass Frit

Default Boro Stix / Glow Stix / Origin Glass Frit

Hey all!

Just wanted to pop in, say hi and let you know, if you need anything from Origin Glass, Boro-Stix, Frit, Glow-Stix, Green Dwarf at reasonable prices....you know, anything at all, just stop by the site www.glowglass.com and check the product and prices before you hit "submit" on your order somewhere else.

For the first time ever..We are happy to Introduce the best green in the industry IN FRIT!! Dwarf Green Frit 0763-2020F (use it as deep as you like!!!!) AND
    the newest innovation from Glow Glass and Origin Glass.. Yellow Glow Frit 0763-4002F, and Aqua Glow Frit 0763=4001F are all available now!!!!

Get it now kiddos!!!!! Fresh from the factory and ready to go.....

We have the lowest prices on Origin Glass and we'll continue to share them with you as a "thank you for keeping us around" for the last 10 years.

Blessings

Joe

The pendants in the Pix are made using either the new Aqua Glow Frit or Yellow Glow Frit with Dwarf Green Frit......(they ain't great.....I'm still learning boro!!! If I can do it.....yep....you can too!!!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images              

Default Re: Boro Stix / Glow Stix / Origin Glass Frit

Forgot one......

and here's a pic of the Dwarf Green Frit as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4860_1195570089056_1222560110_30557951_1198354_n.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	19307  

New Flow Ad

I see ABR is selling glow glass for $70 a pound. WHat's your lowest price for it. I saw your website is $100 a pound.

ABR is a retailer, I'm a wholesaler that dabbles in retail, to help my friends.....period
    Guarantee that my prices are the best though not willing to play price wars in a public or private forum,especially with Ross....(boring...yawn) just don't have time for it....you have time to call or e-mail or send me a PM? I have time to give you the best price.

Peace and Love Fam

Thanks for the support

Talk with you soon

And the best news.....We now have 4 and 6 oz bags of all Origin Glass Frit including Glow and Dwarf Green....more bang and color for the buck, working on some sample packs now.
    Call or write for info....

Also...The next two colors are being spray-dryed and fired this week.......Time for the next test!!!!!!!!!!(10 pounds of each color....1st test)

The only place to find the Glow Frit and Dwarf Green Frit at this point in time is at the company website....www.glowglass.com

Blessings and Thanks

2 oz sizes as well..(long day....sorry)

Do you ever make fats and/or bigger sticks?

At this point no...there is a lot of talk in the factory about fatter sticks...you can see a picture of some old experiments on my FB page.......Longer sticks...I asked and it cannot be done with the machinery that they have....They currently make the longest sticks that they can with the machinery that they possess....the press is not long enough to make the sticks ANY longer.....(yep they are tired of me asking too....lol)

whats the glow powder like to work with. can it be used both inside and out?, what type of flame do you need to use to work it outside and will it boil?

Do you guy's offer 4 and 8 oz. jars?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Dog View Post
    whats the glow powder like to work with. can it be used both inside and out?, what type of flame do you need to use to work it outside and will it boil?

Do you guy's offer 4 and 8 oz. jars?
    for me...It's a dream, my first piece ever made on the torch was a spoon that glowed..it was at Jeff Rogers Studio a long long long time ago, my friend Casper let me use her torch.....went in without a hitch...It has been used both inside and out you must baby it, like dichro and yhen some...high oxy low propane seems to be the best.....and when worked deep, the kiln is turned up an extra 100 degrees allowing a little extra soak.

If you work too hot, it will boil, or you'll just burn the glow out. To some it's like butter, others have likened it to working human remains.....lol

There is a link to an old instruction sheet at www.glowglass.com ......old means that most of what we say CAN'T be done with the Powders....now can...just took time to figure it all out.

My best person for yo to ask about use of the Glow Glass Powders in Borosilicate is my partner Patrick Neary. He has been working with the powders since the day we met (bout 7 years ago) and is the driving force that helped and inspired me to get the Glow Stix made into Boro(aside from me...He is THE R&D guy her for boro....(I'm busy running back and forth to Origin filling ya'll's orders).. he can be reached anytime at nearytrash@gmail.com or 928-607-8800. He lives and has a shop in the woods outside Flagstaff, AZ. try to call him at night if possible...he can talk a lot longer.

Also if you go to my myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/glow_glass on the right side their is a copy from a kickass edition of The Flow Magazine Summer 2007 www.theflowmagazine.com where Andy Ray of Galactic Glass www.galacticglass.net does a step by step glow vortex pendant tutorial AND Brian Serck owner of Serck Glass www.serckglass.com does a tutorial for a really deep encasement making a glow skull with my orange Glow Glass Powder.....

Now...on the other hand...our new product...Glow Stix and Glow Frit.....a whole nother story.
    My dream has been to make the Glow Glass in a format that would be easy enough for a day one user to pick it up and use it like any other color.....
    I believe we've got it...took over ten years and a lot of hair loss....but hey it's here.

The Stix and the Frit are by far the easiest thing to use if you are making production / artistic boro. Your prep time is gone. NO mixing powders, pulling cane.....you know....prepwork....

The frit seems to be the new favorite as people are calling in and ordering pounds of it because it will do for them exactly what they were doing the powders with in much less time...galaxies in marbles, frit pipes....you name it really.
    We are all still learning the limits for the new Stix and we're doing it together.

So far..Either preheat it or start it in the back of your flame ,bring it in slow and Baby it like dichro..... you'll have yourself an excellent finished piece.

I invite all that have worked with it from the pre release test to all now that are using it....to keep the discussion going...we're all in it together...learning as we go.

Create a beautiful day kiddos!!!

And....I'm going to work the Stix WITH the Powder....Patrick has shown me that it creates the most kickass glow ever.........

In frit I offer 2,4 and 8 oz jars of the Glow and All the Origin colors
    IN glow Glass Powders, I have 5 gram, 14 gram, and 1 ounce samples.

Glow Stix can be purchased inexpensively by the ounce, quarter pound, half pound or pound...and since there's two colors...you can get equal portions of each color if you so desire..... check the site..www.glowglass.com or give me a call......

Thanks for your interest...

Peace

Does the plus 100 kiln temp still hold for the stix? I'm wondering if that might have saved the center I put in my marble from last night. I've used it deep before without problems, so I'm still blaming user error, but if there's something I can do to help it along.....

I may have to try the powder and stix combo, I still have some of the sample pack I got a year or two ago
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around, and desert you.

Quote Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
    Does the plus 100 kiln temp still hold for the stix? I'm wondering if that might have saved the center I put in my marble from last night. I've used it deep before without problems, so I'm still blaming user error, but if there's something I can do to help it along.....

I may have to try the powder and stix combo, I still have some of the sample pack I got a year or two ago
    Some say yay some say nay(funny I answered this on FB as you were typing it here...)......I believe he raises the kiln anytime he uses the glow....waiting for him to get his user acct set up here......

fyi....My kiln is still burnt from fusing boro...all of my pendants are bench cooled and then batch annealed at a friends house down the road......I have no cracking or checking issues the way I'm doing it either....pretty cool......

Just putting these pics up top here so you can see the Dwarf Green and some Glow mentioned in the sale.

Thanks for the support

Joe

i call u dont answer give me the glow glass man.... jk please contact me my man i need glow glass

Quote Originally Posted by Wierdeer View Post
    i call u dont answer give me the glow glass man.... jk please contact me my man i need glow glass
    Fighting the flu and packing the orders........am back at it again today.....available by phone....928-458-6595...look forward to the call!

Peace!