The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ok Norcal kids, lets really pull off a party this time eh? - JANUARY 9th & 10th 2010

Default Re: Ok Norcal kids, lets really pull off a party this time eh? - JANUARY 9th & 10th 2

not down i like prime rib

lololo

Default Re: Ok Norcal kids, lets really pull off a party this time eh? - JANUARY 9th & 10th 2

WOOT WOOT!!! We're getting pretty close! More and more people have been threatening to drop in and it's starting to look like an actual party!

Things are in pretty good shape so far, but I've still got some costco shopping to do, a keg to order, and a bunch of ventilation crap to move into storage, but I'm taking a quick break until after new years and then it's back on!

If anyone wants to swing down after new years for a day or two and lend a hand cleaning/moving stuff, I'd really appreciate it.

And yes, if you bring a torch, please bring regs and hoses too. Any prep you can do would be a great head start!

ALSO, bring any finished pieces you want to donate, functional or non-functional, no matter how small or weird. All proceeds of this event will go to the help the relief of Shane and Abel's families.

I'll be back after new years with some more updates...
    Last edited by WORLD FAMOUS; 12-29-2009 at 10:39 PM.

DOOD Nate! Were throwing down for Shanes mom too!!! FUCK YEA! That was my HOMEBOY R.I.P.

Im puttin my game face on son!

i actually went down to Tristan and Grays shop today to hang out, and I saw the case full of everyones input to help abels girl and GOD DAMN! we really raged it considering alot of us were WAAAAAY to tore up to make much progress. I know that techno house music all night had me tripped out lol.

Thank you anyone who contributed im sure abels girl is going to really appreciate all of our love

peace
    d

Hey what you do you guys have in mind? i wanna know, cause i am thinkin about headed south on the 101 for some chill time right around then. Who else passed on? I am still shocked about abel. I would like to donate an extra piece to the fund, maybe a strawberry bubb or something. Take it easy i gotta sleep, it was a long glass day.

Hey Lisa, if you don't end up goin south, we're going to be up at our place close to Portland. I think Eliza invited you already though.

Bryan

Lisa- Im guessing were doing something similar to what we did over at mr.grays collab. We all just made sick shit over 3 days! Gray says we will be displaying the pieces soon online!

Shane Passed. He got in a car crash as well a couple months after abel, also on the 101. kinda crazy both of em passed in car crashes in trinindad...I worked next to shane. n8 posted a link a couple posts up where you can read more about it.

Should be tiiiight come down it be nice to meet ya!

ahhhhhh ya just got 24 qts of oil.. it was on sale YAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

now I need to rig a tube so I can fill it from inside the cab while im driving LOL

will be there for sure. any one know a guy named brett outside arcata he was in a mike plane class with me back in 03. he was in robin's class at arcata glass school. would be cool to c ya man if your going.

Peace and super exited to throw down some dope glass.

I dont now em, sorry bra. I will ask around tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGHBOY View Post
    I dont now em, sorry bra. I will ask around tho.
    cool thanks he bought a lathe from 101 before 03 dont know if he sold it.

getting ready. I have a small 40 pound furnace if anyone wants to mess around got a 50lb bag of super clear morretti cullet. got to do a test to check the coe. i have all the blowpipes puntys. and a 6 inch glory hole. all this is real easy to bring.

Let me know if that is cool i havnt ran it in a while and would be cool to do some nice weights maybe some floral encasment .

Peace looking forward to meeting up.

I'd say bring it, but I'd feel awful bad if we never fired it up you brought it all that way...lol. Let's pass on this round to keep things simple. I'm not opposed to it for future events, or even traveling out to your place to check it out in the very near future though.

It wouldn't be a problem. It all fits in the back seat of my crew cab. Just tought it might be a cool break from long day or night on torch. You know something that could make you think what if ? I always learded somthing I took to my torch from the hot shop. Hopfully this sumer I will have a place big enough to have people. My garage is small had two friends over last night. My buddie was triping of no room. I have a really small area now. It works I get orders done. But no large work right now. Can't wait till this weekend. I am running k tanks with my mag. And omg it f-ing sux. Three times a week I got to take them and get new ones. Omg my back hurts. I am dying to get a few peps in area willing to split shop cost on a warehouse. Then all my big kilns and tool can come out of storage. Peace c yall soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aklovesglass View Post
    It wouldn't be a problem. It all fits in the back seat of my crew cab. Just tought it might be a cool break from long day or night on torch. You know something that could make you think what if ? I always learded somthing I took to my torch from the hot shop. Hopfully this sumer I will have a place big enough to have people. My garage is small had two friends over last night. My buddie was triping of no room. I have a really small area now. It works I get orders done. But no large work right now. Can't wait till this weekend. I am running k tanks with my mag. And omg it f-ing sux. Three times a week I got to take them and get new ones. Omg my back hurts. I am dying to get a few peps in area willing to split shop cost on a warehouse. Then all my big kilns and tool can come out of storage. Peace c yall soon.

i've never seen a real glory hole.

maybe we can meet up elsewhere.

see you all this weekend.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fadedglassworks

irony = smoking a cigarette in order to check your ventilation system.

wow, it is already this weekend!!!

WOOOT WOOOOOT YEAH BOY . 2010 is going to be a good year

i'm baking the cookies right now. my wife is printing out the warning label.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fadedglassworks

irony = smoking a cigarette in order to check your ventilation system.

omg i should make brownies!!!

this is me with exitement

Peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00679.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	22572  

hahahah reminds me of the dude from that old movie rodger rabbit, u know the bad guy.