The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delta ELITE!

Default Delta ELITE!

Hi all, I am so excited, i am getting a used gtt delta elite on thursday and im soooo excited. i need to get a L marver, and was possibly thinking of a blast shield
    (http://www.mountainglassarts.com/s.n...&category=4747). If anyone has one of these shields what are recommendations for size/model etc. Is there something else I should think of getting for the new torch , or any delta tricks i should know about (hope this is right forum category to post this on...) ...I have been working on a CC+ w fp...never used a GTT in my life...any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks! Flame on! PEACE
    scott

Frankie Hess Lurker

Default Re: Delta ELITE!

Blastshield alllll the way.

I prefer to upgrade my marver to a larger size, get the uv/ir protection, the V tool mounted on it, and the quick release is a must have if you don't want to always have the shield on. I take my shield on and off a lot.

Good luck with your decisions and congrats on the Delta, I am sure your ears will thank you! LOL

yeah what frankie said.........
    bringin back prodo one wrap and rake at a time............

so the delta has TWELVE ports that dont work. inner flame seems fine, but on 12 of the ports, nothing comes out even when i RAGE it. send back to GTT? how much would this cost for them to fix it?
    Please help ...i just bought this baby used over the forum, they said it must have happened during shipping (carbon INSIDE torch caused it)
    thank you

imho, i would have to say, Menzie Tools (Boxfan Willie) has the very best torch top marver...

and GTT would be your best shot at getting it cleaned... you are looking at about $150 (give or take) plus shipping both ways...

something to try,
    you can hook it up to an air compressor to blow through both O2 and propane and open all the valves, as you scrub the face of the torch with a wire brush...
    that help my phantom a lot and saved me the time and money for a while...
    "You were born an original,
    don't die a copy."

loosing my mind was easy,
    finding it will be the task...

/\/\ Good Suggestions!
    ~~~All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, and put the pieces back together my way....

I would send that one back to who you bought it from and buy mine! (still available anyone) But seriously, I would try glacier's suggestion before sending it to GTT, which will cost $200 + both ways shipping and however long until they get to it. Also, I don't know the guage of wire, but gtt gives(and would know the guage of) small pieces of wire when you buy a torch that fits into the center of the jets to clean them. I think there is also a torch cleaning tool that has different sizes of wire to do the same thing. But if the ports are seriously clogged nothing you can do will be able to clear them up and you will have to send it to GTT, and if so it sounds unlikely that it happened during shipping and I would take it up with the seller. Just my thoughts.

Justin

If it happened during shipping, then the seller is responsible due to poor packaging. Was the torch wrapped in plastic to keep crap from getting in the lines and ports? Feelin bad for ya dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Don't fuck up the 'honey hole'

Facebook

$200 + s.h each way to GTT.

If the valves are damaged and need replaced the cost is $50.00 each and the lines are $50.00 per set of two for the new rubber lines.

The estimated timeline for the repairs is two to three weeks.

(bleh.) The seller doesnt think he should help with any of this bc i got a good deal. imho if they dont let you know about the problem before hand and you cant tell by pictures...honestly,... honesty. tell everything about it.
    Live 'n learn.
    Everyone make sure they get pics of ALL ports, not just the inner, and the outer raging (from a profile view where you cant see missing/ f*cked up ports). Hope no one has to go through the same problem i am having.
    on the upside, I HAVE A DELTA! im so excited.
    PEACE and Flame on!
    Last edited by scottypm; 01-30-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Damn, well get it back to GTT and you'll be stoked when it comes back!

Wasn't there shipping insurance?
    ~~~All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, and put the pieces back together my way....

You say you bought it from a member of this forum? It might be nice to know from whom, especially if the deal wasn"t kosher
    Peace,
    Mike

....Holy Shit!! That guy just cup-stuffed a Kitten!!!

Yeah, happened in shipping my ass! I can't imagine how 12 ports just clogged up. Was the box packed with sand? Damn that's shifty.

first off i say that you should expose the seller as there is no way the ports got clogged in transit. absolute b.s..

if you have a foot pedal , try turning your presure up very high on both o2 and the gas. then rage the torch with the propane cranked wide open, then open and close the outer with the foot pedal several times in a row very quickly.
    i have used this to clean my ports a few times with success.

recently i had 3 ports that did get really bad carbon build up and i was able to get them loose.
    but i did clean all the ports just prior to that with the wire gtt gives out with the torch.
    try to get a cleaning wire locally or i am sure someone has one you could get.

good luck man, i hope you get it worked out a.s.a.p.

Tip cleaners are readily available at welding suppliers and dirt cheap. I can't see how anyone that owns a torch of any kind doesn't own a set or two. Be careful when using them as they are easy to bend.

As far as it happening in shipping is it possible that it dislodged from the internals of the torch in shipping and then lodged into the ports when you fired it up? Hopefully they are not plugged too badly and you can get them open yourself. Good luck!!!

im going to try to work with seller...if not ill let you guys know. thanks for all your support, ill try what u said, 331
    thanks all

wow sucks bro, i saw the listing to thought it said "runs fine dont want to let it go but have to" ouch that really sucks at least i know who not to buy from.
    why couldn't the life gaurd save the hippie from drowning?....
    he was too far out!
    ]

seller is saying since i got torch w footpedal and paid $1750...says i "stole" the torch for $1500 and i should not email him as he doesnt take to "scammers" imho he is the scammer. like he said in intial post that his torch "runs fine dont want to let it go but have to" more like "ports are 75% messed up, but comes with fp 1750"

was that the one that was on ebay?

nope bro right here on mp.. but when someone says runs fine and gives a deal thats why the call it a deal its not a deal if it costs you the deal to fix the torch that guy phucked you i would reveal the seller but it looks like the guy signed up for mp to sell torch and hasnt got on since selling it. so thats scottys call there but i would post all info on this guy to keep someone else from getting bent over a steel drum. peace
    why couldn't the life gaurd save the hippie from drowning?....
    he was too far out!
    ]