The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipe Exchange 2010

Default Re: Pipe Exchange 2010

Fuck Canada, you're not a real country anyways.

hahahaha, just kidding Clear Dome.*you can blame South Park* Sorry though, I'm having a hard enough of a time just trying to keep everything straight down here. You've been around a while, got some good Rep. going on, why don't you host a Canadian pipe exchange? That way you can figure out your own laws and how best to proceed.
    ~~~All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, and put the pieces back together my way....

This thread is just a few days old and I've already gotten tons of responses.

BE HONEST PEOPLE. That's it. If you've never sold a piece for $20, don't ask to play. And if someone does send out a crap piece, post pics on here and we'll rip on 'em.

On the West Coast, $20 wholesale is actually a pretty pimp ass little piece. In Wisconsin, it's probably not as nice, and do they even have glass pipes in Alaska for $20 (I've been quoted some off the hook pricing).

So sure, if you put how long you've been torchin I'll try and match ya up somewhere near your time. But time is NOT necessarily an indication of skill...
    Last edited by The Madhatter; 06-12-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    ~~~All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, and put the pieces back together my way....

Quote Originally Posted by The Madhatter View Post
    On the West Coast, $20 wholesale is actually a pretty pimp ass little piece. In Wisconsin, it's probably not as nice
    wizeak...
    ~melt split open and melt~

peace, ryfizzle

^^Sorry man, I'm originally from MN... Talkin smack about you cheese heads is in my blood

its true- when i lived in san fran 25 wholesale was four wig wags put together with full color tubing, and strobel millies on the side. 25 over here on the east coast is like frit or fume with one wig wag capped on the end!.

Shh! Don't let the east coast shop owners know!
    Quinn The Eskimo Designs

Facebook [Most up to date work here usually]

"Flower implosions are for sissy behoches, I am not a sissy behotch."
    -Funksizzle

hahahaha, just kidding Clear Dome.*you can blame South Park* Sorry though, I'm having a hard enough of a time just trying to keep everything straight down here. You've been around a while, got some good Rep. going on, why don't you host a Canadian pipe exchange? That way you can figure out your own laws and how best to proceed.

Isn't gibson glassworks up in BC? maybe they could trade?

Maybe instead of wholesale prices it should be retail. I think that might take out some of the confusion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

i think everyone participating should put forth a great effort and send someone something special. if the final product is something that makes you proud and represent your unique style, then i'd say it's worth sending.

I know that the piece i'm working on is worth more than 20, so i mean use the amount as a base guideline for your starting point and don't let it limit the creativity that you put into the piece.

this exchange isn't really about how expensive the piece is, it's about sharing the art you love with others that have the same passion, and i think the final piece should show that passion. No matter what skill level a person is at.

all right allready, lets just make a list and trade some glass , before this thread disappears. as far as price ,i still struggle with knowing what things are worth to other people. my piece will have more than one part , but will easily fit in your hand. it'll also be something different than i've done to date. i've swapped a couple pieces with different people on here and have been happy every time, still waitin on crowley ,but i have faith.
    "Never seen it, never bought it now you wanna sell it?
    ^And this guy, fuckin' wants to buy it even....lol.
    I'm impressed."

when in doubt, fuck it. when not in doubt.............get in doubt
    http://www.berningglass.com/
    http://www.glasspipes.org/BerningGlass

A slide exchange would be pretty cool to.

i'd be down for the slide exchange after this also.

i dont think anyone is going to half ass it. we are all glass blowers and would anyone one want to give something to a fellow blower that was half ass. i know i wouldnt want to be know to u guys as the half ass dude. who cares about what prices around the states are. all i want is a piece that has a little of your personal flare. thats what im giving and thats all want from anyone else.
    Last edited by Belliott; 06-13-2010 at 01:10 AM.
    The man that ate Buda

sorry bout the delay but count me in like flinn

humm well hosting a Canadian pipe exchange should be nice but we are not 1000 here to make pipes , it is not like in the USA here . Also note that I sent spoons and bubbler a lot of time to USA without any trouble so ?

Also I know that what you did was joking but dude south park is south park you know ...you should at least visite the Quebec and the BC before laughting about the Canada , I'm pretty sure it is way cooler than what you think . anyway just let me know if I can do the trade or not and if I have to trade with an other Canadian

Last edited by Clear_dome; 06-13-2010 at 07:12 AM.

I live in Montreal for almost 5 years before all that 911 stuff and man it was so awesome there! My favorite major city. Quebec city is really beautiful too but don't go there unless you speak good French. The people in quebec city are really awful to you if you don't speak French.

yep , MTL is a really nice city but there is also some cool place in Ontario too

Sending pipes (especially one just one pipe) across the border should be no problem at all. Canada should not be left out of the exchange.

Im in...
    ~melt split open and melt~

peace, ryfizzle

Ill play too ,, these are fun..