The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gtt's and foot pedals

Default gtt's and foot pedals

So I have worked on a phantom - then a mirage for the last year and half - just upgraded to a kobuki. 3 stage torch - 2 stage foot pedal sounds awesome, have never used one. But would like some input from others on logistics. First off - mostly I make solid work like pendants, marbles, paperweights, stoppers. Since working solid and pretty good size I almost always have the blue knobs cracked on middle and outer rings - like the tight, hot flame. This kinda poses a problem with the pedal issue. Also, I can use oxy bypass for middle and outer rings - like to - can't go without - running green in stage above for better flame - but then of course if I had the blue's set to what I want them when pedal turns them on they would be messin the flame up. So what do the rest of you do? Just crank up the blue by hand when you need it? I know if I'm working hollow it's not as big of an issue - but solid work I mostly always have blue cracked on outer rings and don't want to go without adding oxy green to stage from next largest ring. Is a pedal still worthwhile for me ya think?

Default Re: gtt's and foot pedals

I use the Griffins with the GTTs, he has an option to have the bleed built into the settings on the pedal, so you don't have to worry about the gtt.

http://www.griffinglass.com/footpedals.html
    ~Misha

pretty sure the benefits will far outway the cons in your situation. once you get used to it, it should be much nicer than without.

You can either click on the ring you want the o2 to be on and leave your gas knob to the stage off. but then you only have the pedal working the o2 on that stage. or you can get a bypass that splices in to your lines and can be used with any pedal. to crack open some o2 to bypass the pedal. but you adjust the flow threw the bypass valve. So that when your outer stage is clicked on threw the pedal it will be what ever flame you set with the knobs before you clicked it off. so you can. Then you can click it off and it will turn off the main o2 and gas to that stage. But if the bypass is opened it will turn off your flame and then just leave the o2 trickling threw the bypass.