The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Info, info, I need info (finding locations in northern CA and south central OR)

Default Info, info, I need info (finding locations in northern CA and south central OR)

So tomorrow morning I'm driving to CA with my girlfriend JC Herrel for the BABE show were hopefully we will both make some loot cakes.

After the show JC and I are going to take a few days to look around the north west for the next possible home town.

We are looking for **highly inexpensive** visually stunning, rural locations in northern Cali and southern/central Oregon. Anywhere in the NW really.

JC is thinking beach house.

I'm thinking mountain house in a pine forest.

Soooooo what do ya know? Where should I go?

If it's beautiful and cheap, post the location. I'll see you there.

(and in case you have a different definition of highly inexpensive, I pay 500/month for my house/shop at a hot springs here in Utah.)

I need a new home. what you got?

Default Re: Info, info, I need info (finding locations in northern CA and south central OR)

Shit man Cali is expensive. My wife and I are trying to leave because of it. I would check out Oregon first(lots of rain). I don't know the prices there, but it can't be as high as here. I could be wrong. From my experience here in Nor Cal the mountains would be cheaper than the coast.

There are some damn beautiful places in both though.

Peace

Default Re: Info, info, I need info (finding locations in northern CA and south central OR)

Somewhere out there is a double wide trailer with my name on it.

. . . some bros not far down the road.

. . . good view, immediate hiking access.

. . . no zombies (anti-hippie-ites).

you know. a good spot.

Check out Arcadia and around Humbodlt and you should be able find that. Could have mountains and close to water.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by hwcglass View Post
    JC Herrel
    That would be Herrell with two "l"s please. And by beach house I mean someplace that's not in Utah.
    JC Herrell

JCHerrell.com

shit...humboldt is NOT cheap. so, keep that in mind. not sure where peacepipe is kickin it, but you'd be hard pressed to find an apartment, for 500 anywhere near arcata, let alone a house. not sure about arcadia tho, seems probably much less expensive.

No I was only mentioning those places for a double wide trailer. Like I said earlier Nor Cal is expensive period. Thats why I said we are looking to leave.

Peace

Check out the applegate / williams area in southern Oregon you won't regret it.

I second redtoro's post, cali is expensive. For example, top tax rate of 9%+, sales tax of 8.5%+, LLC/Corp fees of $800 minimum, expensive shitty new age burritos, the list goes on...

I almost forgot, Cali taxes your pension withdrawal (that portion earned in calif) even if you live in another state. It also taxes your non-cali income, in essence, you will be a vassel of the state, even if you live off the beaten path.

I just moved to Paradise, CA for this reason. Use Zillow.com and search the whole state for what you want in a rental or purchase. We are paying $900/mo for a 3 bedroom house with a huge 2 car detached garage that serves as my shop, this is on 1 full acre with garbage and water included in the rent. My neighbors property smells real nice during the summer and the sheriff across the street does not care at all. Oh, and Paradise is in the pines, 15 minutes from Chico ( where I work ) and 15 minutes from miles and miles of pine forest for outdoors activities.

zombie thread!
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

Bend,or a little higher then what you pay. (600-700) but well worth the beauty.

colonel4bin Lurker

Norcal is expensive almost anywhere you look and if it's really rural/cheap you'll likely have problems getting oxygen and other deliveries, make sure you look into that.......southern Oregon is a little cheaper but not much and still nowhere near Utah prices, regardless where you go you'll pay to live on the west coast unfortunately.

If your anywhere near Sacramento/Tahoe on your journey you are welcome to visit my shop in Nevada City. Beautiful town and area, but not cheap......that being said there are ways to even things out.

This thread is 2 years old retards.