The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Positive Experience with ABR

Default Positive Experience with ABR

Well, I figured since I talked so much shit about em in the past that its only fair to post up a little review of a good transaction with them.

I finally broke down and ordered from ABR(after vowing to never do so again) since they had some alien tech tubing and I wanted to try it badly I placed an order for a lb of alien a lb of elvis tubing and 10 opal spheres(black and white), over the internet.

I got a call back immidiately letting me know that they were out of stock on the white opals. That was nice, I know they never did that before. They had my COD total ready as well. Cody was pleasant to talk to on the phone.

Got my order the next day and everything was packed up real nice etc, The tubing was over weight, which I def appreciated. So two thumbs up this time.

Moral of my story is that everyone deserves a second chance(or maybe a third or fourth even) to make it right.

Default Re: Positive Experience with ABR

Thanks man, appreciate you takin time to post that.

We know we'd had some issues with you in the past. So, Cody and I personally picked and hooked up your order.

Cheers! Glad you noticed.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

Can't wait to see what you make with that sweet tubing!! Love to hear positive news.
    kik LTD.lukethedrifter
    tcbbyltd@gmail.com
    IG tcbbyltd_lukethedrifter
    Standard TCB $300
    Add by pass $340
    Add stage $590
    add stage with bypass $630

i was just mentioning to my lady that no other company makes you wait 4 days and then sends an email saying we were out of stock on that sorry. thats what just happened to me, lol. glad you got lucky dom. i paid 4 days ago, and nothing is shipped and no return email to my reply either.

another time, i got a notice from them saying i owed 20c and it was between 60-90 days late, and i needed to pay up! that was pretty amazing. and how did i owe them 20c? i never got an invoice that i never paid for any amt, never mind 20c. its just mind boggling.

My advice, call, don't email. I have always made my orders by phone and have had things work fairly well that way. No waiting for a reply when you have them right there on the phone.
    kik LTD.lukethedrifter
    tcbbyltd@gmail.com
    Standard TCB $300
    Add by pass $340
    Add stage $590

Quote Originally Posted by LTD View Post
    My advice, call, don't email. I have always made my orders by phone and have had things work fairly well that way. No waiting for a reply when you have them right there on the phone.
    dont really feel like talking to people who always seem to give me grief. and phoning from b.c. canada is gonna cost me. but for example, i like phoning MGA, cuz they have been great to deal with, nice guys, but i hardly ever bother unless i need to find something out, and online ordering is always smooth. and they actually just send me an email that day or the next if there is any concern, imagine that.

dom ordered thru internet. like i say he got lucky, but you shouldnt have to.

I placed an order earlier this week. I didnt hear anything right away so I decided to call them, I spoke to Dave and he said my order will be shipped out this afternoon.

Customer service is a tricky thing, you rarely hear when its good, but you always hear when its bad.

I've never had a problem with ABR but if I did I would call them first instead of bashing them on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You just don't get it
    get heady

I just started ordering this year, but so far I've had nothing but quick and good service from ABR.

[QUOTE=hashmasta-kut;548542]dont really feel like talking to people who always seem to give me grief. and phoning from b.c. canada is gonna cost me. but for example, i like phoning MGA, cuz they have been great to deal with, nice guys, but i hardly ever bother unless i need to find something out, and online ordering is always smooth. and they actually just send me an email that day or the next if there is any concern, imagine that.

I call them from B.C. Canada and it costs less than a buck or two per call.

I'll put my .02 in here . I have done 90 % of all my glass orders through ABR over the phone and through my account with them over the net and have never had a problem. When ordering over the net I have found them to be very responsive to my e-mails and any inquiries that I might have. I have spoken to Dave and Caleb both on a few occasions and found them to be very helpful. If I send my order in via my account at night I usually have an invoice the next am. The order will also get shipped that same day if the invoice is paid right away. Not to say this happens every time but it has happened more than once. On quite a few transactions Dave has really gone out of his way for me because he realizes shipping to Canada is a killer so he has made my ordering and shipping painless. Everything has always been packed well and no breakage.
    I don't work for and am not associated with ABR in any way other than I am a customer .
    This is just my .02 like I said . I will keep doing business with Dave and ABR no problem.
    Being a glassblower used to be more exciting. Selling a lot of glass and having people tell you your famous is a lot more exciting than now... trust me.

Gold Fire Glass

hash........we were way backed up this week due to the holidays coming up. i remembered you being upset about not getting all the joints you ordered last time.

so, when i saw your order about to go out with only 5 of 10 joints, we emailed you. thought you'd rather wait than get an order, pay shipping, and it not be complete.

i've told you before that the sizes of simax joints you order being in stock is spotty at best. also told you last time you ordered, that you got the last of them. we just happened to have 5 back in stock this time. please leave a note in the comments box when ordering online that you want notified of stock right away, or just call man. and we could straighten these things out right away. my desk is about 20 feet from the ground glass joints in our building. a 60 second phone call would clear up anything you need to know.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764

also, i'm a pretty easy guy to deal with on the phone. i go out of the way for people all day long. never given you grief, just the truth about simax joint stock.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764

i have never had to phone someone over a 20cent invoice in many years of online business, which i had to do with you guys. the call cost me more than 20cents, lol, which i never owed in the first place. i have had about 5 dealings with you, one was smooth. shipping is always exorbitant imo. i just wish more people carried 10mm joints, or i wouldnt trouble you guys for anything, cuz generally its not worth the trouble.

not too much hard feelings really, i just wanted to note, that although Dom got lucky, its just that, lucky. he made it seem like you guys have turned over a new leaf or something, but.... naw

Quote Originally Posted by daveabr View Post
    hash........we were way backed up this week due to the holidays coming up. i remembered you being upset about not getting all the joints you ordered last time.

you recall incorrectly. what happened was i ordered joints, then my money was refunded. then like a day later you posted up - joints on sale, and i asked if you had any tenmm in cuz i just got my money refunded on them. then you clarified you had some now, and i ordered, and recieved 10.

kik LTD.lukethedrifter
    tcbbyltd@gmail.com
    Standard TCB $300
    Add by pass $340
    Add stage $590

im happy with abr

yeah, me too,

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    (after vowing to never do so again)

I've never seen anyone more worthy of a troll infraction
    You just don't get it
    get heady

i just spent a few hundred dollars at ABR, again.

happy as ever.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/fadedglassworks

irony = smoking a cigarette in order to check your ventilation system.

Quote Originally Posted by MUPH View Post
    I've never seen anyone more worthy of a troll infraction

i have no idea where you are coming from. it is beneath me to start a thread to complain about this, and never would, not like many people who have before, but it rubbed me the wrong way to see a company getting praise that was giving me the runaround again, so i felt like showing another light on their current business practices, just so people would know. i was sent an email this morning from ABR around 6 am, and replied to it at 8:25, but they never bothered to reply all day. i guess they just do email checking once a day? sure slows down communication if thats the case.

they have screwed me around, i have never screwed them around. they always make you pay in advance, and then you just hope you get your stuff someday.

who's the real troll then?

yup. ....i call , order,they charge, they send ,i recieve........and repeat.
    "Never seen it, never bought it now you wanna sell it?
    ^And this guy, fuckin' wants to buy it even....lol.
    I'm impressed."

when in doubt, fuck it. when not in doubt.............get in doubt
    http://www.berningglass.com/
    http://www.glasspipes.org/BerningGlass