The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: moldavite - ?

Default Re: moldavite - ?

Also, the meteorites they are looking for on Meteor Men are Iron Nickel Meteorites. I've spent a lot of time running my metal detector over tektite for hours and on every setting. Never gotten a beep out of it, though it could have a small amount of iron in it. Metal detectors usually try and discriminate out Iron. On the other hand, if you run a detector over an Iron Nickel Meteor, your detector will go off like you've hit gold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	true.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	49912
    Doug Harroun
    Greymatter Glass
    Albuquerque, NM
    (505) 884-0318

A̿̐͒ͥ̏̅͋ͤͮ́́̒͢͏̨͙̩̦͔̫̠̲̤ͅ ̑ͨ̎͆͐̉̍̐ͤͮͨ͐̇ͩͦ̏ͣ̚͏̷̶̭̝̠͓̞̱̭̫͙̜̮̫͔̤̱͕͢b̓̓ͭ̿̓ͥ̐̒͂͂ͧ ̡̓͋̐ͥ҉̧̹͎̺̳̩̬̘̯̮̜̼̻͝ͅē̵̹̯̦̟͔͊̓̔͗͊̀͆͗̀ͭͭ̀̇͋͋ͩ̓̓͞͞͞ ̘̰̘͈a̧̹͙͇̫̲̻̳̦̦͛͑͂̌̊́̌̂̅ͤ̿͠ͅų̷̶̡̺̤̳͐̂ͣ̋̀ͅͅt̍̀͋̽͗̚ ̶͎͎̳̤͈̘̞͕̣̲̣̼͙͎̬̪̜͎̯ͤ̃̈́ͬͧ͒͟͞͝͡iͪ̋̌̄̎ͪ́̚҉̶̰͎̣̥͉̙̘̬͝ ͍͈̻̻f̡̟̤̥̝̞̈̋ͧͮ̂ͣͬͨ͆͊̌̇ͨ̚͠͞u̵ͥͦ̑ͧ̆͂͐̊̏̍̋̓͗ͭͫ͆́̃͊͘̕ ̛̱̳͓̠͖̕ḹ̢̧̦̬̲̟̳̉ͯͫ̊̏ͪͫ͝ͅ ̵̺̫͙̗̦̠̯̞̫̪̩͐ͭͮ̏̓͒̏͊͋̚̚͘ͅḧ̨̛̭̼̘ͤͥ̿ͫ̊ͦͧͮͮ̀̓̔͌̉̓̀̀͡ ̺͚e̷̦̤̘̯͎̜͇͚͔̱̙͖ͪ͛ͤͮͬ͆͆̾̾͂̑͆̓͜ȧ̴̋ͨ͂ͣͬ̓̆͐̾̿̐̃̒͊͌́͝ ̷͇̮̙̗͉͍r̵̜̰̣̫͙̦̻̖͕͎̘̲̗̘ͦ̋̑̀̌̎̓ͭ̚͞tͨ̅̇͛ͫͫ̆ͪ̌͋ͩ̉ͯ͊͌̌ ̴̨̢̭͚̳̦͖̻̮̬̣̮̟͓͉̪͈̍ ̷̷̫̬͈͓̞͈̞̬̹̟̯͚̹͇̩̏͋ͬ̍͛̎̑̄̽ͦ̆̔̈́̀͆ͩ̓

is this the shit,, I didnt know what it was called I just did it,, it worked. .lol

That's called a tektite , most likely from the far east . Black in color right ? moldavite is green , like beer bottle green. (moldavite is also a tektite ) Good to know the black ones will work .

Crazy I just found this old thread. I have a current student who is working with moldavite, and she enlightened me to the fact that pricing is through the roof on this stuff. Anybody sitting on a trove of moldavite might consider holding on just a little longer and then look at reselling. Inner Vision Crystals, a big supplier of true moldavite, is restocking with a 3x price increase this week. Seems the world supply is running low, and anyone treating moldavite as an investment had the right idea.
    Dan

I never half-step 'cuz I'm not a half-stepper
    My homepage

Sounds like hype.... all my rock shop friends still buy and sell it for 1 or 2 $ a gram. (Usually pre sales before doors open to the public at rock shows) I have seen truck loads in the last 18 months.

lil' rhody. i know it's small, but it's the motion of the ocean state that matters!

the spiritual healing sect got into Moldavite for it's "healing properties", and the price adjusted accordingly. colombianite is the new one, not sure of it's CTE , but it's a little less expensive