The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lucid Visions is no longer......

Omg Lucid Visions is no longer......

Just thought i would let everyone know, Lucid Visions is changing. I am being bought out by my two existing partners so they can take the business in a new direction. It was an unexpected turn, but as i get some time to think about it, I am excited to focus on my fine art and not so much on production. Honestly I am very scared about where i can blow glass, i have had my own fully equiped studio for a long time now, and it is hard to let go. My girlfriend and I are moving to Miami, she going to do the Artist in Residence program at the university of Miami, in the glass department and i am going to try to volunteer and hopefully rent some time from an area artist if there are any,if there is anyone out there who knows of a studio in Miami please let me know!

I am sure my old partners are going to do a good job with the studio and keeping Lucid Visions quality what it was, but I will no longer be involved. I guess what i am saying is, Lucid Visions is no longer a reflection of me as an artist.....if anyone cares. I am still trying to come to grips with what i will be doing in Miami, if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it!

Thanks to everyone on this board who has been kind and helped me in the past, I am so glad i found this place.

Micah Evans
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

my glassartists site

Default Re: Lucid Visions is no longer......

Wow Michah,

Sorry to hear about the change.

I've know you are a GREAT guy and an INCREDIBLE artist so I know you will do great. I can see this as being a positive turning point for you!

I'll check around and see if I know of any shops in the Miami area and let you know.
    Kristian Turley GLDG Forum Founder
    Old School Glass
    ┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐

One with a talent such as yours, will find his place again. I have loved your work since the first time I saw a piece on Glassartists.org, so take some time for yourself and enjoy a little time off. Things always have a way of working out, so don't stress about it.

James

time for growth......I am in the same boat....... Change is good and part of healthy living...... best of luck to you...

Hey thanks guys, my girlfriend read my post and said it was really depressing,LOL. I am bummed but not that much. I know this is going to be a turning pont for me and i'm sure my artwork is going to reflect this transition and i am already getting ideas! I think that is why i want to find a studio to work at soon, i know i have a lot to express.

thanks again for your support guys!

Kristian, its gonna be hard to get you to come down to Miami to hang, it seems like everytime we get together in the same spot we never get to talk! thanks a lot, if you hear of anyone with some space let me know.

micah
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

my glassartists site

Yeah, Miami is about a 16-18 hr drive for me. Maybe Ron will have some more get togethers (HINT, HINT).

I'll see you at AGI for sure though!
    Kristian Turley GLDG Forum Founder
    Old School Glass
    ┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐

Hey micah, i'm on a pda right now, so forgive my shorthand...

I totally know how you're feeling right now.ni just left the studio i helped build over a bunch of petty b/s...it hurts i know. if ya need an understanding ear, you'll find them here (GLDG).

i'm lucky ihave a garage nearby to work out of, i hope you can make arrangements b4 the move.

g/l in FL, from what i've seen its hot but nice....stay cool.

-doug

thanks doug, you put a lot of work into something and you get personally atttached. But hey, life goes on and i know Miami will be a whole lot of fun.

later,

me

my glassartists site

Hey, I wanted to chime in on this. Good luck to you. It is a bitch starting over... I have done it a few times and considered it a good thing. Each time I re-upped it was for the best. Now, just enjoy doing your work... because we all know it's nice to be liked, but better to get paid. Tough situation to be in as a glass person right now.

Good luck.

Yo I don't know you personally but I've seen your art stuff and its definitly tight and I think you'll go places with it. Really like the multi peice vases and the flower ones too, if I made art I'd prolly try to make stuff like that. The sandblasted joints on the sectional ones are cool. Anyways goodluck with your move and everything..

Again, thanks a lot guys, transition is always interesting! I am getting excited now, i am looking foreward to getting out of my comfort zone. There are all kinds of things that can be done without an annealer at my side, i do have annealers at my disposal at a couple of soft glass shops for finished work so i should be alright.

thanks again, i'm off to take all my pics off Glassartists, so much for our top galleries spot!

later,

me

my glassartists site

I hope you plan to upload them another gallery, Micah.
    ~Misha

you bet i do Misha, just a little hint to everyone out there, Present you work well on glassartists, we recieved over $10,000 in business brought to us through glassartists last year alone. I plan on starting a new gallery just for my fine art complete with a new scetch book section and some other stuff i never had time for. I just need to get a new computer, and some new pictures. I would say it should be up in about a month.

me

my glassartists site

I really hope Lucid Visions turns around and sponsors the site then.
    ~Misha

i had always pushed for that, it would have been worth it. That site is an exellent recource, as soon as i bounce back a bit i will be sure to become a sponsor.

me

my glassartists site