The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ground joints ?

Default ground joints ?

Any leads on cases/deals on ground joints.? I cant mess with these Chinese ones anymore, such a headache. I got some Indian ones from ABR awhile ago that were reasonably priced, and they were decent but they no longer carry them. I'd like to get some cases of quality ones...anybody?
    @B.RY_glass

Default Re: ground joints ?

Hit up adam. Adamt@boro33.com

UST glass sells good joints by the case too.
    you will shank me later

Quote Originally Posted by FifDeez View Post
    I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ITIS View Post
    Hit up adam. Adamt@boro33.com
    How does Adam's prices compare to EU? I've been curious.

I use EU Lenz bistas ($2.43 ea list price)...http://www.eu-glass.com/glass_ground..._list_eu_glass. They work great and look nice, but I've been noticing a little scratch ring around a majority of them these days. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I should holla at em and see whats up.
    Last edited by Forche; 11-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    instagram pics : http://instagram.com/zombie_hand_studios
    Josh Forche
    Zombie Hand Studios
    Tucson Arizona
    520-272-4578
    josh.stackt@gmail.com

sorry i meant EU glass.

on that same tip, i noticed the bottom of the last case of 14/23s, some, they are a little small. not sure how many, but definitely some fit in a bit deeper than normal..
    you will shank me later

I like the idea of burning water. Sounds mystical even tho I understand it completely.

last quote i got was $1.89ea. from adam. EU, UST AdamT, all have similar products at similar prices i go back and forth depends on their stock.

Mountain Glass Arts sells Accugrind at really good prices.
    Kristian Turley GLDG Forum Founder
    Old School Glass
    ┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐

Ust is having a sale on ground joints right now. If you cant get any let me know I always carry extra cases of 19/26x1.8
    Adams are really good too.

Nothing compares to Lenz joints from EU

i'm unhappy with the decline in quality i've seen from Lenz / EU. the males have uneven grinds on the bottom, the bushings wobble and i'm seeing higher and higher crack/chip per box than before.

N3rd, Forche & Hash - I shot an email to Germany this morning. They've have been solid in taking care of any problems we've had in the past. If you ever dislike something, let us know and we'll make it right.

N3rd, your not the only one. The last case of bushings I got wobble too.

who are you gdeadwhale? i bought my lenz joints from EU, and i let them know what i'm not happy with. their response "it is what it is"

Quote Originally Posted by n3rd View Post
    who are you gdeadwhale? i bought my lenz joints from EU, and i let them know what i'm not happy with. their response "it is what it is"
    Well that fucking sucks. For them. I mean just look at how many hits this thread got and will have in the future because folks are always looking for who is and who ain't decent suppliers.
    It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at.
    Really.

who makes the joints that adam and UST carry?
    you will shank me later

I just got a case of males(Lenz from EU)...30 out of 40 males 18mm males dont fit in my Blastshield graphite glass tool. I actually called and said i was unhappy with the quality.
    N3rd and A.I. i agree with u both and Gdeadwhale tell them theirs definetly a problem

As many of you know I have been on here several times talking about making clear and China color joints. I was in Madison last weekend & talked to several of you there about joints and some of the problems. One thing that was said was that if the joints were ground perfect, they would stick and be hard to get apart. If they were ground sloppy then they would leak & be of poor quality. Some one suggested an o ring seal. You would get a good seal & still be easy to get apart. There would be some wobble because there would not be glass to glass contact, just glass to o ring seal.

Here are my thoughts. Neither the male nor female would be ground. A time and cost savings, making my price more completive. I will never work as cheep as the Chinese. They will be made on my lathe exact as possible, to the correct size. The male joint may actually be a little less than 14mm so it will fit in the female the correct distance. The mail joint will have an o ring grove tooled into it, about in the middle of the length. The o ring will set about .010” above the surface of the joint, that is why the male will be a little smaller to look like a good fit. If things go according to my plan (my fingers are now crossed) the male will fit with a good seal and come apart easy. At least that’s the plan.
    I am now working on drawing up the tooling for my lathe now, so it will be a while before I get to see if it works. Wish me luck. I my need it.
    I am going to be pushing the glass down inside of the male joint for the o ring grove. I don’t know the size of the quartz rod that is used for nails. If some one would give me that info I would appreciate it. I want to make sure there is enough clearance inside.
    Give me your thoughts.
    Thanks
    Papa Jim

Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by Papa Jim; 11-09-2011 at 08:08 AM.

We sell a 45/50 with a double o-ring set up, no ground parts. Pretty sweet. Personally, I think pretty much all joints are being sourced out right now. The decline in quality, even in the big "name" brands, is something that probably won't soon change. The demand is something that industry has never seen, so i'd assume they are eventually getting, or will get sourced out in the near future.

ABR IMAGERY
    812-339-0147
    866-342-4764
    Twitter: @ABRDave
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/abrimagery

Theres already o-ring joints available. There called J Young greasless conical joints, mainly used in high vacuum systems. You can get them from GPE Scientific Ltd and Aimer Products Ltd. Also Scientific Glass Laboraties Limited sell good quality sockets and cones at a good price. All UK companys though.