The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Spice and the military

Default Re: Spice and the military

Quote Originally Posted by J Howard View Post
    who the fuck smokes tobacco out of a glass pipe? that's so gross. when i made them, they were for smoking pot. it's not my problem if you don't have a medi card, and that didn't make me hypocritical in the least bit.

Thank you!

I know lots of people who smoke tobacco, but none of them use a glass pipe for it, and that includes people who smoke pipe tobacco. In fact, with the exception of hookah's, I don't believe I've ever seen anybody smoke tobacco out of a glass pipe.

It's kind of funny to me when people claim their glass pipes are for tobacco. They know damn well it's not true, they just say that in the hopes that it'll help circumvent some fucked up stupid laws.

who the fuck smokes tobacco out of a glass pipe? that's so gross. when i made them, they were for smoking pot. it's not my problem if you don't have a medi card, and that didn't make me hypocritical in the least bit.
    I agree, not hypocritical at all. I wish I lived where you live.

I had a friend who smoked cigarettes out of a 3 foot graffix.

Man, that hit hard. We had a kick ass slide made from a wooden sailor. A Camel Wide fits right into those metal slides... Sawed off Ahab's leg with a kitchen knife and added a peg leg made out of a pencil... wait. Maybe I've said too much...

Blog Entries

The Mt. Orab Police Department seized 67 single units of bath salt; 303 single units of K2/Spice and more than 100 different drug paraphernalia items, including scales, grinders, glass pipes and bongs.
    http://newsdemocrat.com/print.asp?Ar...SubSectionID=1
    A Prescott man who allegedly told police he was up all night smoking potpourri and bath salts faces possible child abuse charges after his 2-year-old son was found walking alone on a bridge on Dec. 23.
    When the officer noticed a glass pipe, bong, and bowl with a green leafy substance that smelled like spice, the man allegedly said he had been smoking potpourri and bath salts.
    http://www.prescottaz.com/m/Articles...ticleID=101674

They arrested four individuals in connection with the manufacturing process, including 24-year-old Morgan Alley, who police say was the alleged ring leader. Police estimate the street value of the spice is over $300,000. They say that doesn't include the raw materials police found that were used to make the drugs, along with a number of glass pipes and a shotgun.
    http://www.12ktrv.com/story/15591878...synthetic-weed
    i really think that these kind of stories are tying glass pipes to spice. every story i find has mention of glass. they are clearly drawing a link between spice and the headshops that some of you are trying to defend. keep reading up on the effect of spice and salt and decide if you can still respect yourself for being part of this problem. google "spice glass pipe arrests", you could read the horror stories for days.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

Dude, you friggin' rock, and thanks for telling it like it is.

Not only do glass pipes suck for tobacco, but traditional tobacco pipes really suck for herbs (legal or other).

Thanks again J : )

Tom

I know full well that nobody in there right mind smokes tobacco out of a glass pipe. It is a guise or rouse to help keep the biz legal. Yall know that. I will ask the question again: In CO or Cali, do shops have to call a pipe a tobacco pipe or a bong a waterpipe? In texas, even as the dude making the pipes, I get serious looks when I say bong.

I don't know about CO, but here in Cali you can't call them bongs in a head shop, they're waterpipes. When it first started a few years ago, shops would ask you to leave if you said called the waterpipes bongs. I think they were worried about undercover stings trying to trap them. Now it's more lax, and they'll just correct you and tell you not to call them bongs.

i used to smoke tobacco from glass. its different than other material but when you tune in on your own preferences its quite nice. I really enjoyed a tiny lil bong with an itty bitty bowl. The smoke was very smooth and flavorful. The draw is a big key , you cant lung draw stiil need the mouth draw , lung clear.

Dokha practically screams to be smoked out of a glass pipe. Little one-hitters are best.

If you're making a glass pipe for pipe tobacco, it needs to have a reservoir of some sort for the condensation to pool in, and the bowl needs to be skinny and tall.... about the cross sectional shape of a small Mickelsen egg, funnily enough. Few things beat a good briar pipe, especially a well worn antique, for that purpose though.

I'm sure we're all aware of the multitude of substances the products we make can be used for. We say "tobacco pipe" but really mean "it's a piece of glass with some holes in it - use it for what you want as long as I get paid."

That said, whenever I'm making marketing material, it's for tobacco use. Tobacco is used in photos, tobacco in the literature, tobacco in demonstrations... I ship stuff all over the place, and there's not really any way to keep up on all the laws of each individual location. Weed's still illegal in the US, despite what local governments allow, and the hammer can come down hard at any moment - just say the wrong word to the wrong person at the wrong time.

Checking with some head shop owners, some of my products have been used for crack and meth. It kills me to hear it, but I'm not going to stop making them. I would die a little inside to see a picture of one of my pieces in some evidence locker somewhere, covered in some obnoxious plight on society of a drug, but how are we going to control what people use our glassware with? Make a little murrine with the word "spice" crossed out, and plaster it all over everything? All I think we can do is try to get legislation passed making the real stuff available, so that this stuff goes by the wayside, and is hopefully never heard of again...

Since there are legitimate legal smoking herbs on the market such as sage, coltsfoot, jimson weed, etc., why not market glass pipes for these purposes? As much as briarwood and meerschaum pipes suck for smoking herbs, glass sucks for smoking tobacco.

What if each piece was sold with a pamphlet explaining the history and benefits of each herb, as well as an herbal sample pack… with an order form from a legitimate herb supply company? Wouldn’t this add some legitimacy to the intended use of the product?

I’m just thinking out loud…

Tom

I think when it comes right down to it, including an herbal sample pack is just beating around the bush, and people need to recognize that while we sell pipes, we don't tell people what to put into them.

Just like a knife can be used for preparing dinner or murdering houseguests, or a gun can be used to have a good time at the range or to have a really good time making craniums explode like watermelons, it's up to the user to decide what they're going to do, and the manufacturers shouldn't be culpable for their products' illegal uses. Just as some people are going to try to make the link between the manufacturer of a handgun and the various slayings that happen every year, other people will try to make the link between what we make and what people use them for. It aggrieves me greatly to see people standing up for the rights of businesses to make weapons and then see the same people call for the blood of the people that make pipes. I enjoy the multitude of uses for a weapon, but at least I'm consistent.

I think that it's interesting to note that nobody's tried to prosecute the makers of hypodermic needles, despite the various stigmatized uses thereof... I suppose in the end it all comes down to making our voices heard to the various powers that be. We all want to hide away in case of OPD 2, but if nobody important knows we exist, who will defend us when it comes time to recognize that what we do is a perfectly legitimate profession?

This has been done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spicearmy.jpg  

glass sucks for tobacco = opinion not fact.

I hate coffee , well the taste but love the smell. This does not mean I should generalize against the use of coffee, or only black or latte ....

its morning im making very lil to no sense sorry

Quote Originally Posted by NUBBLET View Post
    glass sucks for tobacco = opinion not fact.
    If this is just an opinion, go into any high end tobacco shop that specializes in cigars and pipe tobacco, and tell me how many spoons, bubblers, bongs, and one hitters you find next to their briarwood and meerschaum pipes.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonka View Post
    If this is just an opinion, go into any high end tobacco shop that specializes in cigars and pipe tobacco, and tell me how many spoons, bubblers, bongs, and one hitters you find next to their briarwood and meerschaum pipes.

Tom
    Does not change the fact this is an opinion not fact.

I personally enjoyed pipe tobacco from both a glass pipe and water pipe , and at least 1 other has mentioned a simular enjoyment as well.

This destroys it being fact and not opinion, its personal preference.

Design has a lot to do with it I will give you that, it needs to work differently than an herbal blend smoking pipe .

Blog Entries

"Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

I've seen some old pipes that were glass heads attached to a plastic stem, too. I have one somewhere that is dark brown pressed glass, hollow with a sort of pushed bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    Mer, I don't know if you're aware of it, but the Turco-American pipes have a meerschaum bowl insert, as well as a filter in the plastic stem. That's a lot different than a modern day glass spoon.

Nubblet- I've smoked tobacco out of glass as well and it's not enjoyable, just as smoking herbs out of a tobacco pipe is not as enjoyable due to the inherent differences in the design.

Look, I'm not going to argue about this. If it makes you feel better calling a one hitter a "tobacco pipe", then more power to you.

Tom

Blog Entries

thanks tom! i just thought it was a neat ad, there are tons of attempts at glass tobacco pipes, going all the way back to the friggers. i doubt any of them are good but if you go to any tobacco shop you will see that there are many pipes made out of products inferior to burl wood (such as meerschaum in my opinion, but that's probably personal preference).

threadjack aside, it seems like we all hate spice but a few of us like money more than they hate it. sound like everything else in life to me. let your conscience be your guide.

It's not like the paper industry is under attack because tobacco causes cancer.
    Quinn The Eskimo Designs

Facebook [Most up to date work here usually]

"Flower implosions are for sissy behoches, I am not a sissy behotch."
    -Funksizzle