The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WTB bigger torch (bethlehem, CC, Knight, Ect.)

Default WTB bigger torch (bethlehem, CC, Knight, Ect.)

Hello there!

My little family is looking to upgrade to a bigger torch. We want an inner outer fire, no Nortels please. Something 4 studded would be ideal to run a mechanical foot pedal. I worked a CC+ all weekend and got spoiled a little. So i'm a little leaning towards a carlisle.

I have a bobcat currently and Nikki runs a 3a-b. We have both reached a point where we cannot melt all the glass for our larger sculptures. The pieces are cracking very frequently. We have a large sculpture graveyard right now.

In addition to looking for a torch, we are also happy to receive suggestions and reviews or comparisons of torches anyone would recommend. I have been watching the torch room and reading old reviews.

I am willing to trade or sell my bobcat in good condition for about 200+shipping I have about 500-600 that i can spend besides. All offers are appreciated, We will probably think on offers for a bit until we decide, but I will not leave anyone hanging. Small family, low income, we need to be sure we want something before we invest in it.

Thank you all!

Default Re: WTB bigger torch (bethlehem, CC, Knight, Ect.)

There's a brand new cc on ebay for $995..not a bad deal if you can scrape up a few extra dollars. Last cc I saw on ebay sold with a few tools for $1300, and it was used as well.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=25763485584

Sorry the link is on their mobile site. Im using my phone for this obviously :P

Also the CC is really easy to convert from a 2 stud to 4 stud. Just need a wrench and some oxy-safe sealant which only costs about $10-15 for a tube of. The barbs for the 4 stud should only be a few bucks extra.
    -Evan

I have a buddy with a maya and a special foot pedal made for the maya that has the third port for the compressed air.. If you liked the cc plus i'm sure you would enjoy it for the price.. I believe it is around $600 price range. I could get you in contact with him and i know his Iphone could send you some pictures... IMOP it is in great working condition, it used to be ran in my shop until he got a kobuki. Oh yeah it has a marver on it too..

I know a guy with a cc+ . . .pm me and ill hook you 2 up.

My boy has a great deal on a PM2d four port for a grand, there are a couple of clogged outer fire ports but It functions great and I use it when I am working at his shop.

Flame acts fine it does have a even set of candles no funky shooters

Peace shoot me a pm and I can hook you guys up he can send you some flame pics if you like
    Lampworking the road that never ends, Until your out of gas!

I just picked up a Bethlehem Bravo, although I'm still setting up my shop to use it so I can't comment on it personally. Wish I could, for your sake man!

I've read all the threads there are out there on it though, has pretty great reviews. 4-stud with decent size flame, definitely a step up from the Bobcat! For a rough idea, it's probably somewhere between a Scorpion and Sidewinder from GTT.

Thank you for all your replies, I sent a few PMs and am sending more.

The pm2d seems out of the price range unless our stuff starts selling better or I find a real job.

I love the look of the Maya, but I need to do some research on them. Never heard of them before.

Thanks again!

Were kinda in a tight spot. Not trying to sound whiny so I'll let the Temps say it for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfyFI-4ZsaE

I have a Dean playmate acoustic electric with hard case that I can trade too. That is one of my babies, even if its a lil big.
    Don't know what else I could trade. I have a whole lot of seedlings? Peppers, tomoatoes, broccli, kale. I can get more ready too if you need some garden fillers.

This week I am also making mushroom spawn for my gourmet mushroom project, I can make more to trade (maybe some for outright sale someday when I make flashy labels). I will be doing liquid and grain cultures of shiitake, maitake, oyster, reishi, and whatever else I can get in the next week. I will also do petri dishes of agar with mycelium cultures for the species that work with mycological agar, reishi i have heard can be hard to culture in-vitro. Those are just my cultures on hand. I can also make and send small mushroom cultures in petri dish or test tube, liquid or agar. Grain mails too, but it will be a few months. Sorry guys, no funny mushrooms here, I grow them outdoor and I wouldnt want an entire county of tripping Deer.

I suppose if you live close enough, I can drive out to pick up the torch and help with physical labor for trade? Shot in the dark.

Thanks again to everyone, lets heard some more temptations
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3s3SNHIH0bs

Forgot to add, I have an OXweld cutting torch and head and tip setup and I'll throw in the partial head with it

Learn how to grow 100lbs of morrell mushrooms before spring and sell at $25lb before the country boys start picking them... It's gotta be 1/4 million dollar business out here in for the weeks it lasts... I wasn't sure what to going rate was for them so i checked... here's a site that sells dried morels 4 oz... for $40 plus shipping... http://buymorels.com/ . crazy

Good suggestion, I would like to. Morels are notoriously hard to culture in-vitro though. I have heard you can transfer mycelium by using cardboard, but it will not last long as an independent culture.

If you think morels are expensive look up some prices for the Reishi's. If these babies work out in the woods then I will be buying torches for twice what theyre worth just to fill my mansion up with them.

Everyone stay tuned for the next thread in 3 years when the mushrooms colonize my outdoor medium fully.

Yep I hunt morels for fun and to give to friends my buddy and I found 30 pounds in one day some of our spots are epic and take a john boat to access.

But to find them and dry them and have 25 lbs would take some real work.

Back to your topic you finding any larger fire on the cheap, Your price range puts you in the funny zone I call it , plenty to get a used Sargent in tits shape or a cc in ass shape.

I was in that spot and picked up a old beth pme hand torch nice big flame for like 50 bones from Rp and hung it on a stand and mounted my lynx on top and put a pedal on the hand torch.

It fucking rocked for a two torch set up.

Mushroom hunting is more fun than mushroom cultivating, and lesss frustrating.

Those sound like epic adventures.

So there may be a tip out there for my national that makes a bigger flame for me to work with for less than the cost of a new bobcat? Cool

I am starting to see that I am indeed in a funny zone. If only I had a few hundred more and could buy the CC+ i was offered.
    The maya sounds promising, but I'm scared of something I dont know.

Maybe a tri-county shop run will get the extra hundreds up.

Price range right now is 750 and the trades I offered. If you need another form of trade that doesnt involve my virginity, just ask!

Time for more Temps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6kj...eature=related

nice looks like you are going to get the funds you need, happy torch hunting you will find your baby soon.

They come and go here like water, plus I like to keep my eye on the lab equipment and welding torch sections on e-bay sometimes people not in the glass industry sell a torch there and it gets less bids.

there are so many people watching the glass blowing and glassblowing categories its hard to find steal of a deals there anymore.

If you do end up getting a few hundred more bucks together and go after the cc+, keep in mind how much gas it uses. It is a fuckn gas hog. I wouldn't even consider it if your not on liquid.

As far as the Maya is concerned, I have heard quite contrasting reviews. More than a few people have told me what a piece of shit that torch is, although some people defend it staunchly. I think maybe there are a few different versions of it depending on when it is made, and I believe it needs compressed air? Anyway, do your research on that one and approach with caution.

You should be able to find a good CC in the 700 dollar range plus or minus, which I feel is the best contender in that price range. This may take some time though. Another option would be the Scorpion which is smaller but a decent torch nonetheless. If you get close to 12 franklins I would say phantom.

Good luck to you, you sound like a fungi.
    Distributor of Gentec Products for the Glass Blowing Industry

Contact me for everything Gentec!

Eric F.
    Area 541 LLC
    Eugene, OR
    (541) 335-9907
    Instagram:

Thank you all styles. And everyone else.

We have a deal pending for a CC+, to be decided in about a month it seems. Oxygen was a big concern, Liquid will have to be introduced to make it worthwhile.

Still looking for other offers.