The Melting Pot - Where All Glass Addicts Melt Together - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DFO 2012 Dates?

Icon5 DFO 2012 Dates?

Was looking for some exact dates for DFO this year. I thought I read it's the last weekend of May and got plane tickets a while back. But I've seen posters and text with conflicting dates. All of which have me leaving Eugene the day before it starts!!

Anybody got something concrete for me so i can see how bad the airlines rape my flight change? Can't wait to head out west for my first DFO!

-kutz

Default Re: DFO 2012 Dates?

The dates are up now on the C-stone site.....May 31st thru June 2nd.

CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!

DFO

The posters say June 1st through 3rd...But the text underneath confirms your dates....I'd think that'd be a big typo for the posters. I could just move there forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorse Glass View Post
    The posters say June 1st through 3rd...But the text underneath confirms your dates....I'd think that'd be a big typo for the posters. I could just move there forever!
    Go with the poster dates... It has always been a weekend event: Fri, Sat, Sun (which would be 6/1-/6/3)

DFO has always been the pinnacle of my glass year. Not the event to miss.

I am really kind of upset about the confusion here... I wish that we could get our shit together as a community but it turns out we are still too young to have this figured out:

I copied this from the AGE calendar, and based my travel plans on this info:

DFO Degenerate Flame Off
    May 25-27

And now I see two conflicting dates at the cornerstone site. So who is right? And what dates to I change my ridiculously expensive plane tickets too?

Blog Entries

the problem that they are dealing with over there is that the usual weekend for dfo is overlapping this year with the canadian show. those Canucks threw so much money at american glass artists that if dfo wanted to stand firm to their dates they would have lost artists that they see as integral to the show.

it's not my decision to make anymore but this is my understanding as to the change in dates. as i understand it the new dates will be in early june. i would recommend contacting them through the phone number you'll find on cornerstoneglass.com (and please report back). this year looks like it's going to be different in some ways, i sure wish everybody there the best of luck and will be volunteering to keep myself involved. can't wait to see you guys!
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

What CAnadian show are you talking about Mer? I've been trying to get there for a while now and that seems like a great reason!

Bryan

well, does anyone want to hang out and do shit the week before DFO if I can't change my tix?

I'm with you the whole week bro, because I'm even less sure of the dates now....

We'll be able to get them changed though. Just a problem that's fixed by throwing money at it. Sucks it negates our early bird discounts...

Would be really sweet if the Cornerstone social media crew would do some responding back to people too...

June 1st 2nd 3rd....
    Called Ashley at Cornerstone and these are for sure the dates now.

She said they expanded this year too. The biggest DFO ever!!!!!

this is going to cost me $150.00 per ticket to change my flight... is it worth $300.00 to go to this or should I just cut and run?

really really lame...

It's worth it blue hey drag Bronx out here too man you have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLilyStudio View Post
    this is going to cost me $150.00 per ticket to change my flight... is it worth $300.00 to go to this or should I just cut and run?

really really lame...
    Its definately worth it! My wife just reminded me is my best friends wedding and Im in it, sheesh....I can't fricken go, SO BUMMED!!

It's going to be more than $300. $150 is just per ticket to change. You have to pay the fare difference also. Fucking sucks.

At least I could just change my return flight. I'll just stay two weeks. But If you have to change both flights. Might as well meet up with me and hang out...

I'll be wearing out my welcome by two weeks likely. Anyways. Extra charges today are 275 fooking dollars.
    Last edited by Greenhorse Glass; 03-09-2012 at 12:23 PM.

That's a bummer about the cash, but 2 weeks in Eug is worth it!!! Not just for glass but nature; hit the mountains, hit the coast!!!!!!!!

why not call cornerstone before spending hundreds of dollars to just confirm the dates? I agree the conflicting dates on the sites are pretty lame, but i wouldnt ever buy plane tickets without knowing a concrete date for something...lol.

Blog Entries

it sounds like an unfortunate situation all around. they certainly aren't feeling casual about the mix up and hope to be able to set things as straight as possible before showtime. i can tell you from the years i did dfo and from working on glassroots right now that there are about 1,000 details and people have to work so very closely to succeed. there was no way for the dfo crew to have foreseen all of the variables that got in the way of this years dates. these are good people with very full plates so i would say that accidents will happen but they are going to be cool with you about it, don't fret.
    "Scientists proposed that male lion's skill at ambushing prey in dense vegetation was previously unknown because of scientists' fear of being ambushed by male lions in dense vegetation." Harpers, findings, may 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingpeople View Post
    why not call cornerstone before spending hundreds of dollars to just confirm the dates? I agree the conflicting dates on the sites are pretty lame, but i wouldnt ever buy plane tickets without knowing a concrete date for something...lol.
    We called some Eugene people who we had met at CK Wholesale who told us they were positive of the dates, coupled with info from two websites we decided it must be the case. so we booked our tickets early because we were using frequent flyer miles...its really just adding up a few unfortunate incidents. I will shell out the three hundred bucks to get there, whats one more day of work anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingpeople View Post
    I was just figuring the annual event that was always (yes 3 times) on the last weekend of May, would be the same. Started out being cheap tickets. Glad you'll never have this problem with your phone calling intuition. Glad our circumstance is funny to you.
    Last edited by Greenhorse Glass; 03-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.